• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

NH WEATHER - CHESHIRE COUNTY ALERT

Started by CNHT, May 16, 2007, 02:27 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

CNHT

Strong thunderstorms are moving across New Hampshire this afternoon. A tornado watch has been issued for Cheshire County.

Check UnionLeader.com's home page weather radar to see where the storms are.

Click here for updated weather advisories by county.

http://www.weather.gov/alerts/nh.html

Raineyrocks

Is it weird for New Hampshire to get a tornado watch?  I thought I heard that New Hampshire doesn't get tornadoes.  I wonder if there is a magnetic pole shift occurring with all of this strange weather and whales showing up in the wrong places.  Did you ever see the movie Core, it is really interesting. 

Okay, I'm going to put in a relaxing cd before I give myself a heart attack with paranoia! :)  Thanks for the alert ! 

burnthebeautiful

There was a tornado watch in NH when I was there in July. A tornado never came, though, at least not to The Weirs, where I was at the time.

CNHT

Don't worry Rainey, I used to be deathly afraid of the weather as well. The chances of one coming to you in the mountains is rare.

And you have a house with a cellar so just take your pocketbook and gather up your kids and pets and go down and sit in the corner furthest into the mountainside (front right or left side of house) and you will be fine. If you can get under a table or wear a bike helmet do so...

Just think -- In Kansas, those poor people were hit at night and thus caught unaware there was a tornado that was one and a half miles wide and only 10 people died...

Last time we had a tornado I stood at the window and watched it...mostly they are rare and small here.
But I understand your fear as when I was your age I went through a crippling fear of the weather.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Captain Liberty on May 16, 2007, 02:53 PM NHFT
There was a tornado watch in NH when I was there in July. A tornado never came, though, at least not to The Weirs, where I was at the time.

Wow, I didn't know that!  It can't happen at Weirs, that's where the drive-in is! >:(  Anytime there was a tornado watch in Philadelphia my sister would shove all the kids in the basement and hide, I used to stand outside laughing at her.  If I sound paranoid you should hear my sister, she is hilarious!  We would walk down the street talking and the next thing you know she's gone, she would jump down and hide in a bush because an airplane was flying over us real high in the sky.  She would cower in the front passenger side of my Nova on the floor because I drove too fast. ::)

Raineyrocks

Quote from: CNHT on May 16, 2007, 03:17 PM NHFT
Don't worry Rainey, I used to be deathly afraid of the weather as well. The chances of one coming to you in the mountains is rare.

And you have a house with a cellar so just take your pocketbook and gather up your kids and pets and go down and sit in the corner furthest into the mountainside (front right or left side of house) and you will be fine. If you can get under a table or wear a bike helmet do so...

Just think -- In Kansas, those poor people were hit at night and thus caught unaware there was a tornado that was one and a half miles wide and only 10 people died...

Last time we had a tornado I stood at the window and watched it...mostly they are rare and small here.
But I understand your fear as when I was your age I went through a crippling fear of the weather.

Thanks but I must say the pets are on their own! >:D  The kids too, depending on how close the tornado comes! >:D  I will take my pocketbook though, hee, hee!  I do feel safer with a basement, in Maryland we just had a closet under the stairs.  My sister had a tornado, (f1), go over her house and she's more afraid than I am. She stopped talking to me for a few weeks because I wasn't as upset as she was that she had a tornado pass over her.  Is that silly or what?  I came over to see the damage and laughed because it wasn't as bad as she was saying. ::)

Raineyrocks

Quote from: lawofattraction on May 16, 2007, 03:27 PM NHFT
Why in the world would anyone need a pocketbook under those circumstances?

Identification, mirror, cash, make-up, and a comb in case my hair gets messed up by the funnel cloud. You must be a male, huh?

CNHT

Quote from: raineyrocks on May 16, 2007, 03:29 PM NHFT

Identification, mirror, cash, make-up, and a comb in case my hair gets messed up by the funnel cloud. You must be a male, huh?

LOL! Well, if your house blows away you at least want your money and checkbook don't you so you can buy food? Love you Rainey for mentioning MAKEUP... LOL

Dreepa

Rainey you live in Grafton county.... so don't worry about 'the shire'.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: CNHT on May 16, 2007, 03:34 PM NHFT
Quote from: raineyrocks on May 16, 2007, 03:29 PM NHFT

LOL! Well, if your house blows away you at least want your money and checkbook don't you so you can buy food? Love you Rainey for mentioning MAKEUP... LOL

Or money to buy more make up! :biglaugh:

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Dreepa on May 16, 2007, 03:35 PM NHFT
Rainey you live in Grafton county.... so don't worry about 'the shire'.

But, but we might move! :o  I don't want anything to happen to any of you guys/gals either. :)

burnthebeautiful

Quote from: raineyrocks on May 16, 2007, 03:19 PM NHFT
Quote from: Captain Liberty on May 16, 2007, 02:53 PM NHFT

Wow, I didn't know that!  It can't happen at Weirs, that's where the drive-in is! >:(  Anytime there was a tornado watch in Philadelphia my sister would shove all the kids in the basement and hide, I used to stand outside laughing at her.  If I sound paranoid you should hear my sister, she is hilarious!  We would walk down the street talking and the next thing you know she's gone, she would jump down and hide in a bush because an airplane was flying over us real high in the sky.  She would cower in the front passenger side of my Nova on the floor because I drove too fast. ::)

I thought it was so cool seeing the Drive-In, I'd never seen one in real life before :)

The airplane made me laugh out loud, it's funny for so many reasons! Mainly that she thought a bush would protect her, but also the fact that the airplane would continue flying forward while dropping and would therefor crash several miles ahead of wherever she was standing were it to suddenly start dropping ;D

Raineyrocks

QuoteI thought it was so cool seeing the Drive-In, I'd never seen one in real life before Smiley

The airplane made me laugh out loud, it's funny for so many reasons! Mainly that she thought a bush would protect her, but also the fact that the airplane would continue flying forward while dropping and would therefor crash several miles ahead of wherever she was standing were it to suddenly start dropping Grin

I used to go to the drive-in in Portland, Connecticut when I was a kid and I always loved drive-ins.  They are awesome, aren't they?  I'm so glad you got to go to one, what movie did you see there?
Remember the Herbie the Lovebug movies in the 70's?  My mom had a Volkswagon beetle that looked a lot like Herbie and everyone used to beep at us and say, "Alright here comes Herbie!".   One time I went to get something at the concession stand and got in the wrong car, the people looked at me like what the heck are you doing.

Yeah, my sister is a trip!  She still grabs onto my arm and yells, oh my god, when I'm driving and she sees an airplane in the sky.  I yelled at her so bad last year because I thought there was something I was going to crash into and no it's an airplane! ::)

Pat K

Quote from: lawofattraction on May 16, 2007, 05:32 PM NHFT
Quote from: raineyrocks on May 16, 2007, 03:29 PM NHFTIdentification, mirror, cash, make-up, and a comb in case my hair gets messed up by the funnel cloud. You must be a male, huh?

Yes. But under the circumstances I would grab my wallet and keys, which is roughly the male equivalent I suppose. I have always wondered what, exactly, are the total contents of a woman's pocketbook, but I have always been afraid to ask. I can't say I have ever seen a woman actually dump one out. :-\

My theory is that a lot of the missing matter in
the universe that scientists are looking for, are
in the bottom of woman's pocketbooks.

cathleeninnh

It generally holds what men don't want to.

Like directions, pen and paper, phone numbers, toll tokens or meter change.

Cathleen