• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

NH WEATHER - CHESHIRE COUNTY ALERT

Started by CNHT, May 16, 2007, 02:27 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

CNHT

I also carry an Allen wrench or two, and some mini-screwdrivers that are used to fix laptops.

But I have a bigger bag with that stuff in it!

Vote Tyler Stearns

I once carried an orange around in my bag for so long that it turned green/black and oozed into the canvas. The smell was horrid and I couldn't figure out where it was coming from and why it seemed to follow me around.  I had to throw my beloved bag away.  So, you can see, I have a history with fruit.  As for a gun...I gave my handgun to my son. 

Raineyrocks

Quote from: lawofattraction on May 17, 2007, 03:15 PM NHFT
I was wondering if creatures like ants or mice ever took up residence in pocketbooks?  :-\

I would ask Malevil that question. :bdance2:

Raineyrocks

Quote from: malevil on May 17, 2007, 03:13 PM NHFT
I once carried an orange around in my bag for so long that it turned green/black and oozed into the canvas. The smell was horrid and I couldn't figure out where it was coming from and why it seemed to follow me around.  I had to throw my beloved bag away.  So, you can see, I have a history with fruit.  As for a gun...I gave my handgun to my son. 

My pocketbook straps used to break because of all the weight in my pocketbook.  Especially when we went anywhere with the kids like an amusement park, everyone dumped anything and everything in my pocketbook.

I have a butt ugly pocketbook.  The kids and Rick beg be not to go out in public with this pocketbook but it is so big one of these days I'm going to bring it out in public, maybe Porcfest.  8)

This thread is cute and fun!  Who would've guessed it to last this long?  That's what I love about everybody on this forum! ;D

Vote Tyler Stearns

I was wondering if creatures like ants or mice ever took up residence in pocketbooks?  :-\

Well...not in my pocketbook yet...but, in my car.  I've had mice living in my glove compartment, in my trunk, and on my air filter.  My car is somewhat similar to my pocketbook/bag.

You're right, Rainey, this has turned into a fun thread.  You'd think I'd focus my time/writing on more serious political issues... :icon_joker:

Vote Tyler Stearns

Raineyrocks

Quote from: malevil on May 17, 2007, 04:33 PM NHFT

Well...not in my pocketbook yet...but, in my car.  I've had mice living in my glove compartment, in my trunk, and on my air filter.  My car is somewhat similar to my pocketbook/bag.

You're right, Rainey, this has turned into a fun thread.  You'd think I'd focus my time/writing on more serious political issues... :icon_joker:

Oh my gosh!  Mice can get in a car?  I had one on my windshield looking right at me while I was driving and I screamed, it was like freakin Mighty Mouse holding on to the wipers as I was driving.  I asked Rick how it got there, he seemed stunned, (when doesn't he?) like this can't really be happening but he told me no that it must have climbed on the windshield while we were in this restaurant.  So he lied to me, they can get in a car?  I had a feeling he was throwing me a line, great one more thing to be terrified of! ::)
Did you get rid of them?  Do they just jump out as your driving and crawl on you?

Vote Tyler Stearns

Yes, the damn mouse jumped down from somewhere under the steering wheel area onto my foot (which was on the accelerator) and ran up my leg...as I screamed bloody murder and put the pedal to the floor and drove at 40 mph to where my husband was working (in 1st gear, by the way).  I jumped out of the car without shifting into neutral, causing the car to lurch and stall, and ran screaming to hubby's job site.  The guys thought I was nuts. 

The other times the mice just built cozy nests and ate leftovers in the car.

Kat Kanning

I had mice nest in my car when I was in TX.  I don't recall them jumping on me and trying to eat my eyeballs or anything.

Lloyd Danforth

I used to have a little Datsun pickup.  It had some small holes in the floor. I kept a box of dog biscuits in it to give to dogs of friends and customers I would visit.  One day a new box came up empty.  Knowing about the holes, I was not surprised.  A few days later when I went to get something behind the seat, I found the biscuits jammed between the springs and the excelsior padding. I guess the rodents has such regular access, they decided to store them in the truck!

CNHT

I have had chipmunks nest in the space in the middle of my truck engine, (which is now why we are cleaning the garage so I can put it in there instead!).

During the making of the nest, they chewed my 'checklight' wire so I had to have the whole engine taken apart in order to have the nest cleaned out and the wire repaired.

$500.

UGH