• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Ron Paul calls for Civil Disobedience

Started by forsytjr, May 23, 2007, 08:55 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

Here are the civil dis quotes from the first ten minutes of the clip.   These may come in handy.

"Resistance need not be violent, but the civil disobedience that might be required involves confrontation with the State and invites possible imprisonment."
  - Ron Paul

"(Patriotism) means to sin against against a government's abuse of the peoples' rights."
    - Ron Paul

Does anyone have any ideas how civil dis might be timed or designed to assist Ron Paul?

Kat Kanning

Ron Paul's key issues are:

Iraq war
IRS
Federal Reserve
Sovereignty
Real ID

Seems like the Iraq war would be a good one to plan civil disobedience around in conjunction with some NH visit.  Is he going to be in NH June 5th?

Dave Ridley

how does one most effectively disobey the iraq war inside new hampshire?

Russell Kanning

not pay .... and let everyone know about it?
:)

Dreepa

Could do something like what those antiwar protesters did in Manchester @ Sununu's office.  but with a twist...

Carol Shea Porters or Hodes' office.  I mean after all they broke their promise... they said they didn't like the war but they keep voting to fund it.
It would protest the war and show them a pickle of a time trying to get you out.

Russell Kanning

Russell Kanning

Dan

I was just thinking of something symbolic to flood them with for the 600,000+ Iraqi's killed.

But that's even $6000 in pennies.  Numbers don't have to be too large before you start loosing perspective on them.  Yikes.

Then I started thinking about what's cheaper than pennies?  The first idea I had was scary:
  Match heads.

But it makes some sense.  Every death over there brings us more danger over here.  600,000 match-heads would most CERTAINLY be too dangerous.  Match heads considered too dangerous, when we've killed that many family members... 

David

I have a picture in my head of the congress audiance doing paperwork, talking, getting up and leaving, essentially doing everything except listening to Paul.  ::)

error

Quote from: David on May 25, 2007, 10:01 AM NHFT
I have a picture in my head of the congress audiance doing paperwork, talking, getting up and leaving, essentially doing everything except listening to Paul.  ::)

Yes, they do that. But the whole speech is on the record, and people in the far future will hopefully be able to find it.

David

Tech. is a double edged sword, but it is far more useful for the free(er) market then for the gov't.  People wonder how germany allowed itself to be so corrupted, they will not wonder about the usa, because we have it all on tape.   ;D

Dave Ridley

small matches are worth roughly 1/4 of a cent each at wal mart retail prices but  i'm not clear on what you want to do with them

d_goddard

Quote from: Kat Kanning on May 24, 2007, 05:09 AM NHFT
I've liked Ron Paul for a long time, despite his being a politician.  I publish his articles frequently.
I think Ron Paul is somewhat less Freedom-friendly than the top 5 NHLA-rated Reps of 2006.
I agree with Marple, Wheeler, Ingbretson, etc, on more issues than I do with Ron Paul.

I just want to point out that Ron Paul has a lot of well-deserved publicity, but isn't the only liberty lover in American politics -- the best of the best are right here in NH.
Some of the best of the best were ousted in 2006  :'(

Dan

Quote from: DadaOrwell on May 26, 2007, 02:11 PM NHFT
small matches are worth roughly 1/4 of a cent each at wal mart retail prices but  i'm not clear on what you want to do with them

I'm fearful to even think it through Dada. The train of thought was to do one of those public showings of just what a large number is.  Like the kid that collected a million donated paperclips or something.  But 600,000 pennies alone is too expensive.  Which for some reason led me to think of cheaper stuff: matchheads.  2.5cents per book of 20 or something IIRC.

But it's a scary thought, dumping a truck full of match heads into a street.  But wouldn't that demonstrate how very dangerous it is that US (I almost said our) foreign policy, having killed 600,000 Iraqi civilians, is MUCH MORE dangerous than a pile of matchheads.

My fear in plain English: I expect anyone pulling this off to be brought up on terrorism charges.

powerchuter

This should be done...
And I think matches are a good idea...

Match "heads" are not...

If matches are to be used then they should be kept in their original "books" but "broke out" of their case and carton packaging...

You wouldn't want to use just the "heads" because that is what the idiot pipe bomb makers sometimes use...but the books would be ok(in my honest, humble opinion)...