• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Predator and Prey

Started by David, July 30, 2007, 10:56 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

David

Quote from: John Edward Mercier on November 27, 2007, 08:03 AM NHFT
Local police are funded through property taxes, registration, and fines/confiscations.
State police are registrations, State gas tax, and fines/confiscations.
So we're seeing a lot of pressure on the third funding source.

Yup.  It was the state police who got me for driving without a nh registration. 

John Edward Mercier

Quote from: elf on November 26, 2007, 11:19 PM NHFT
That does it.  I'm getting a horse.   The gangs with a badge will have to pursue me on my own terms, then. 
What are they going to ride - a lion? 

I believe they'll continue to use their normal conveyance. Its not that hard for them to pull up behind you and hit the lights regardless of what your riding.

penguins4me

Quote from: John Edward Mercier on November 28, 2007, 08:19 AM NHFT
Quote from: elf on November 26, 2007, 11:19 PM NHFT
That does it.  I'm getting a horse.   The gangs with a badge will have to pursue me on my own terms, then. 
What are they going to ride - a lion? 

I believe they'll continue to use their normal conveyance. Its not that hard for them to pull up behind you and hit the lights regardless of what your riding.

I'd love to see a squad car jump a three-foot fence.

John Edward Mercier

I've never seen a three foot fence on a road or highway... but maybe one exists.

John Edward Mercier

:D
I was thinking more that as the horse back rider jumped the fence, they then would inherently be violating someone else's property rights. More than likely the officer would use the radio, or like a power controlling freak drive through the fence.

buzzard

Quote from: John Edward Mercier on November 28, 2007, 10:08 AM NHFTMore than likely the officer would use the radio, or like a power controlling freak drive through the fence.
More than likely the officer would put a bullet in yer mule . . .

Ron Helwig

John Edward Mercier

If its motorized and not US or NH DOT approved it falls under RSA 215-A:1 Definition of an OHRV.