• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Ouchie on gas prices lately

Started by Kat Kanning, April 01, 2005, 04:23 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

CNHT

Arrrgh! I had a diesel car for about 10 years. I had to plug it in on cold mornings (my first home had no garage) otherwise it would not start... if you remembered to plug it in, it turned over in a flash. Its called a warming kit.

Would you have to do that to this new kind?

41mag

My truck starts in the cold ok.  There is an electric heater in the intake manifold to preheat the air before it goes into the engine.  I've started it in subzero temps in the past without pluging it in.  It's gotten a bit more tempermental in the past year though.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: mvpel on July 30, 2007, 11:20 PM NHFT
It's a testament to modern technology and innovative design that more people don't barbecue themselves at filling stations.

It's also a nice counterexample to a lot of the overbearing "for your own good" safety laws and regulations. John Taylor Gatto wrote an interesting chapter in his book on the public schools about this.