• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Should protesters respect private property?

Started by yonder, January 05, 2008, 10:55 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

dalebert

Quote from: KBCraig on March 10, 2008, 09:50 PM NHFT
Neither did warm fuzzy thoughts and Kum-Ba-Yah.

No, but if Ed had practiced some warm fuzzy Kum-Ba-Yah instead of threatening the friends and family of federal agents, he probably would have garnered more support and the message might have had a broader impact. He forced a lot of us to be very careful about how we expressed support. I always had to qualify my support for his tax protest with objections to many of his tactics.

kola

Quote from: dalebert on March 10, 2008, 10:07 PM NHFT

No, but if Ed has practiced some warm fuzzy Kum-Ba-Yah instead of threatening the friends and family of federal agents, he probably would have garnered more support and the message might have had a broader impact. He forced a lot of us to be very careful about how we expressed support. I always had to qualify my support for his tax protest with objections to many of his tactics.

Is that what all the thousands and thousands of freedom fighting miltia men had to say?

KBCraig

No, but if Ed has practiced some warm fuzzy Kum-Ba-Yah instead of threatening the friends and family of federal agents, he probably would have garnered more support and the message might have had a broader impact. He forced a lot of us to be very careful about how we expressed support. I always had to qualify my support for his tax protest with objections to many of his tactics.

Absolutely. Like Ridley, I'm careful not to style myself as an "Ed Brown supporter", rather an opponent of locking him up.

Ed made nearly everything about this case worse than it should have been.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Caleb on March 10, 2008, 08:36 PM NHFT
For all the boasting about how his nice clean gun makes everybody more free, Joe's nice clean pretty gun didn't do much to help ed brown.
if you want to intereact with Joe ... he has a forum called nhteaparty.org

Russell Kanning

no miracles for Ed and Elaine Brown .... now they are nonviolent resisters in jail

Russell Kanning

No, but if Ed has practiced some warm fuzzy Kum-Ba-Yah instead of threatening the friends and family of federal agents, he probably would have garnered more support and the message might have had a broader impact.
But ... if the Fed agents had quit their jobs ... then they would be free. It is incredibly easy to quit your federal job. You don't have to sing peacenic songs or fire weapons. :)

MaineShark

Quote from: Caleb on March 10, 2008, 08:36 PM NHFTFor all the boasting about how his nice clean gun makes everybody more free, Joe's nice clean pretty gun didn't do much to help ed brown.

I wasn't much inclined to want to help Ed Brown, given the comments he's made in the past.

Quote from: Caleb on March 10, 2008, 08:36 PM NHFTit will still be nice and clean from disuse when he hands it over to the gestapo when they come for it.

Absolutely.  If they come for a gun, I'll hand them a gun.  Big whoop.  Got plenty more.  And even if they get all of them, I can always make more.

Quote from: Caleb on March 10, 2008, 08:36 PM NHFTand i'm not picking on joe. i'm sure he's got great aim and a quick draw. but he can't beat the feds in a shootout, and he knows it.

Depends how many Feds, and how many are on my side.

The Colonies couldn't beat the British in a shootout.  We were vastly outnumbered, and facing down the most powerful military on Earth.  We still won that one...

Quote from: Caleb on March 10, 2008, 08:36 PM NHFTthey've got nukes, for chrissakes. they can take him out without him even ever seeing them.

See, unlike psychopaths like you, Caleb, even the Feds don't desire to just go around killing folks wholesale.  They want control, and that doesn't mean of craters.  Nukes are nearly useless in actual warfare (which is why they were only used twice, for "demonstration purposes," and have never been used since).  What, are they going to nuke half the planet, trying to mop up dissidents?  That's not even vaguely plausible.

Joe

J’raxis 270145

No, but if Ed had practiced some warm fuzzy Kum-Ba-Yah instead of threatening the friends and family of federal agents, he probably would have garnered more support and the message might have had a broader impact. He forced a lot of us to be very careful about how we expressed support. I always had to qualify my support for his tax protest with objections to many of his tactics.

True, although I had no problem with his threats of violence directed against the government thugs after him. It was only after he started going off about their families and "bloodlines" (I think that was the word he used) that he crossed the line from self-defense to aggression.

KBCraig

Quote from: Russell Kanning on March 11, 2008, 06:50 AM NHFT
no miracles for Ed and Elaine Brown .... now they are nonviolent resisters in jail

Elaine might be a resister. She is medically unassigned, meaning she doesn't have to do work for the prison. She is a volunteer tutor in the library.

Ed works as a CCS orderly, meaning he cleans up for the Captain.

Russell Kanning

and the feds didn't respect their ...... private property

dalebert

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on March 11, 2008, 01:35 PM NHFT
True, although I had no problem with his threats of violence directed against the government thugs after him. It was only after he started going off about their families and "bloodlines" (I think that was the word he used) that he crossed the line from self-defense to aggression.

Yes, I can't really express a moral objection to self defense against the thugs. Still, tactically speaking, it's kind of pointless. Perhaps the threat caused the protest to last longer and get more attention, or perhaps it turned off a lot of people who might have otherwise taken him more seriously. Who can say for sure?

srqrebel

Quote from: kola on March 10, 2008, 10:18 PM NHFT

Is that what all the thousands and thousands of freedom fighting miltia men had to say?

Where are these thousands and thousands of fighting militia men now, Kola?  I seem to recall hearing Ed Brown referring to those as well.  Where were they when the moment of truth occurred for him, when he needed them the most?  Are they waiting for a more appropriate poster child for their revolution???

Seems to me the answer to your rhetorical question, by default, must be a resounding "YES"!

Russell Kanning