• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Watch that Karma plummet...

Started by AnarchoJesse, May 21, 2009, 05:40 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

AntonLee

Quote from: Alex Free Market on May 22, 2009, 11:57 PM NHFT
People have to be pretty intellectually worthless if the substance of their argument against Jesse is that they don't like the gun he bought, because the gun does not get the seal of approval from the groovy gun-snob club who only give their approval if the weapon is either (a) expensive, (b) popular because they read that it was in the latest gun magazine, (c) because they perceive it to be a good weapon, (d) it's not their weapon, so therefore it can't be "kewl", (d) etc...  etc...

And don't say nobody said anything about his gun, and tried to make that the basis of their argument, because they most certainly did.  In no way does that constitute any form of valid argument.  It should not have even been mentioned so much as once in that thread.

I also find the "I took a gun course for 8 hours, so now I am a bona fide firearms training expert" crowd who will go on the Internet and nitpick insignificant points to be quite annoying.......... followed by the "I read two Massad Ayoob books, so now I will go on the Internet and offer my half cocked theories to random people who did no solicit my advice, nor do they think I am qualified in the slightest to even give advice, nor do they even give a fuck to hear my opinion" crowd.

These people make me want to buy an inexpensive $110 "Saturday Night Special" revolver, just so I can tell them about it, and rub it in their faces and get them all steamed about how such a weapon does not get An Authorized Kewl Guns Two Thumbs Up Rating from amongst the list chosen by the Super Kewl Groovy Gun Enthusiasts Club (membership available in a box of cereal, along with a Secret Decoder Ring), and have them give me twelve pages of their theories on how that is not a real gun, and I clearly don't know what I am doing.......... of which I will not read one reply.

you should go re-read those posts.  The big problem that I heard was that the gun was on a string slung over his shoulder.  A mac-10 on a string?  Do you find that to be a safe way to carry a weapon (true or not)?  I don't even have a gun so how could one be critical of the TYPE of gun when they don't have one to begin with.

Please don't rub your gun in my face, that would be kinda threatening  :)

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Pat K on May 23, 2009, 12:27 AM NHFT
Quote from: shyfrog on May 22, 2009, 08:10 AM NHFT
I've been pinged down at least -20 for responding in the horse thread.

That's really the only place I've posted lately...except for the litter pickup announcement.

Hmm, maybe someone hates clean highways?

:icon_pirat:

Fracking clean highway freak!!

Kat!!  Now he's insulting Lou!

shyfrog

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on May 23, 2009, 05:06 AM NHFT
Quote from: Pat K on May 23, 2009, 12:27 AM NHFT
Quote from: shyfrog on May 22, 2009, 08:10 AM NHFT
I've been pinged down at least -20 for responding in the horse thread.

That's really the only place I've posted lately...except for the litter pickup announcement.

Hmm, maybe someone hates clean highways?

:icon_pirat:

Fracking clean highway freak!!

Kat!!  Now he's insulting Lou!

Nah....that's a compliment  :icon_pirat:

AntonLee

EthanLeeVita

Appealing to common sense is pointless as everyone has a different perspective of what is common sense. Its not that common really. In fact, I would even consider it a logical fallacy as it is being used to circumvent the argument with "its common sense, you should know it and I don't have to explain my statements".

Lloyd Danforth

AntonLee

Quote from: EthanLeeVita on May 25, 2009, 06:53 AM NHFT
Appealing to common sense is pointless as everyone has a different perspective of what is common sense. Its not that common really. In fact, I would even consider it a logical fallacy as it is being used to circumvent the argument with "its common sense, you should know it and I don't have to explain my statements".

precisely.  I frankly have no need to talk to people about string holsters.  People can carry their guns however they want to, but when I feel they're being an idiot about it I'll say something.  Duct tape it to your side.  Twirl it around on your finger all day.  Common sense is definitely based on your own findings.   Sometimes, some people might not get burned if they put their hand in a fire. 

anthonybpugh

If you have this many people telling you that you're an ass, then perhaps you are an ass. 

You hypocrite! First remove the beam from your own eye, and then you will see clearly enough to remove the speck from your brother's eye."

John Shaw

Quote from: AntonLee on May 25, 2009, 09:07 PM NHFT
Quote from: EthanLeeVita on May 25, 2009, 06:53 AM NHFT

precisely.  I frankly have no need to talk to people about string holsters.  People can carry their guns however they want to, but when I feel they're being an idiot about it I'll say something.  Duct tape it to your side.  Twirl it around on your finger all day.  Common sense is definitely based on your own findings.   Sometimes, some people might not get burned if they put their hand in a fire.  

Problem is, is that it's usually someone else that gets hurt, not the gun doofus.  

AntonLee

when you're right, you're right

Atlas

Jesse, I never smited you for making a comment about hoping someone chokes on something, though I should have. I was hoping you would drop that kind of language, especially toward one of us. Thin skin doesn't get you very far. I don't really care for how you carried your Mac, but again I didn't pinch you for it. To me, you come off as a whiner sometimes but I still would rather have you here in NH than elsewhere as I see you as an asset to this movement, overall. I liked your gardening activism as well as your flag burn, just chill out and don't get so mad, dude. And stop insulting the host of this site - that you seem to want to be a part of. Private property is what's up, you know that.

leetninja

youre fighting an uphill battle jesse.  youll never win.  did you miss my thread?  learn from what happened to me if you want to.  or continue to fight the uphill battle that will never end.  here is a link: http://nhunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=17793.0