• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

dave ridley harassed for open carry

Started by slim, August 04, 2007, 10:31 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

Yeah it adds a whole nother dimension... almost surreal.

Dave is really good at commentary and it really makes it more exciting.  8)

KBCraig

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on August 05, 2007, 09:53 AM NHFT
Massive credit to Tom Sawyer and wife who worked to create and deliver this video to the world.
Dave's Open Carry 08/04/07

Trying out the new embed function:

[youtube=425,350]5FWXnK5UyRI[/youtube]

KBCraig

It's deplorable that Dave was stopped and questioned at all, but to keep things in perspective, he wasn't disarmed or handcuffed and they didn't demand to run the serial number of his pistol. I can't imagine the incident unfolding like this in any other state.

Compare and contrast to sjhipple's open carry incident in Virginia, where he wasn't breaking any laws either.

Tom Sawyer

Yeah my real problem with the incident is the implied detention. A couple of armed men surrounding you in the ready to draw posture implies that you are being held. A less informed citizen could reasonably believe that he has to do what they say and is required to answer their questions.

I think this is shown by how the Manchester Sergeant didn't want to agree that Dave had been accosted, but then wanted me to stop taping him. They knew that they were very close to having unlawfully detained him.

skape

Transcript?  I having a little trouble making it all out.

-Ben

error

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on August 05, 2007, 10:10 AM NHFT
Also error should  get credit for creating and maintaining Porc411 :thanks:

Thanks! This is exactly the sort of thing (one of them, anyway) I had in mind when I set up Porc 411.

KBCraig

I had to laugh at Russell waving his hand in front of Uncle Fester's face. Didn't even get a flinch out of him... I think he was asleep.  ;D

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: KBCraig on August 05, 2007, 01:12 PM NHFT
I had to laugh at Russell waving his hand in front of Uncle Fester's face. Didn't even get a flinch out of him... I think he was asleep.  ;D

;D

Lasse

Quote from: KBCraig on August 05, 2007, 01:12 PM NHFT

'Donuts.. Must remain standing. Must retain eye focus. Donuts..'

Quantrill

This would be a great story for the inaugural edition of the Manchvegas Lowdown/Free Press  paper.

I wonder if this Dada character is available for an interview?
:icon_pirat:

ny2nh

One thing I have to say about Dave - is that he conducts himslef in a respectful manner....and that makes his acts of civil disobedience far more effective.

error

Jim Johnson

Quote from: ny2nh on August 05, 2007, 04:37 PM NHFT
One thing I have to say about Dave - is that he conducts himslef in a respectful manner....and that makes his acts of civil disobedience far more effective.

I agree, Dave's demeanor is most affective, but this was definitely not disobedience.

FTL_Ian

Roger,

Well done on the video.  I will be submitting Lauren's edit of the "Tilting at Windmills" event for broadcast as fill programming on Cheshire TV.  If you want to put some of your more recent packages in broadcast quality on a DVD and send it to me I would be happy to submit them as well!

Lasse

Quote from: Facilitator on August 05, 2007, 05:01 PM NHFT
Quote from: ny2nh on August 05, 2007, 04:37 PM NHFT

I agree, Dave's demeanor is most affective, but this was definitely not disobedience.

I don't know, when the officers treat legal behaviour as illegal behaviour isn't it disobedience in a way? Lawful disobedience to officers of the law who don't know the law, rather than disobedience of laws viewed as immoral?