• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Taproom Tuesday

Started by error, October 12, 2007, 02:15 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Do I have you on the 'who's coming to burning porcupine' list?

ny2nh

Quote from: doobie on June 25, 2008, 02:33 PM NHFT
Quick question....last week when I was at Murphy's during the Celtics game I was told Keith was getting flack for open carrying and he asked us not to...  I thought the policy was if you are drinking don't OC.  Did it change or did the person think I was drinking when I wasn't?  I'm horrible with names so I don't recall who it was who said it to me.

Why don;t you just ask Keith in person when you;re there next? He's usually there on Tuesday nights.

doobie

Quote from: ny2nh on July 08, 2008, 08:53 AM NHFT
Quick question....last week when I was at Murphy's during the Celtics game I was told Keith was getting flack for open carrying and he asked us not to...  I thought the policy was if you are drinking don't OC.  Did it change or did the person think I was drinking when I wasn't?  I'm horrible with names so I don't recall who it was who said it to me.

Why don;t you just ask Keith in person when you;re there next? He's usually there on Tuesday nights.

I will next time I see him.  I was just trying to figure out before I went next time.  I don't usually like going from CC to OC in public.

Pat McCotter

Quote from: doobie on July 08, 2008, 11:43 AM NHFT
Quote from: ny2nh on July 08, 2008, 08:53 AM NHFT

I will next time I see him.  I was just trying to figure out before I went next time.  I don't usually like going from CC to OC in public.

In Virginia, when you go into a restaurant/bar that serves alcohol, you have to carry open, or not at all - and you cannot drink alcohol.

MikeforLiberty

Quote from: Kat Kanning on July 08, 2008, 08:29 AM NHFT
Do I have you on the 'who's coming to burning porcupine' list?
Oh NO, you guys are keeping lists!  ;D
No, I just realized it was going on and I'll have a day or two to play. See you next week.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: highline on May 31, 2008, 03:41 PM NHFT
Even though I suppose I am a regular I have no objection to showing my ID every time I enter. It takes what... 5 seconds?
or forever if you don't have one

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Taxinator on June 24, 2008, 11:48 AM NHFTLike most of you he loves history, guns, and beer.
Mark
I don't like history .... it keeps repeating itself
guns or beer.
But I bet I will like this guy ... if I don't have anything in common with him, I can have PatK interpret for me.

error

Libertarian Party presidential candidate Bob Barr will be at Taproom Tuesday tonight.

Kat Kanning

Lloyd Danforth

Tom Sawyer

I helped interviewed Bob Barr at the Republican National Convention in Philadelphia in 2000. He told us "I am not a Libertarian."

That would be something to ask him about.

I his defence, he was consistent in his positions and I really enjoyed his stand on the Echelon/Intelligence stuff. Also, he was nice to us even after it became evident that the producer I was working for had tricked his handler into the interview... basically an ambush. In fact his handler was really pissed off and was making threats to us, Bob stepped in and said "leave them alone." and made polite comments as he left.

dalebert

I'm no Barr fan. He's a politician after all. He's a lot better than most, not that that means much to me. I would have to say that he answered the questions pretty well considering a pretty hostile crowd, or parts of it at least. I was just there as an observer of the comical game of politics. However, I am a big fan of open information and free speech, and I gave him an opportunity to speak to anarchists given that many of them remain politically active, and promised I would post the video on my blog unedited, and I intend to do that. I just look at it as providing information. It's definitely not an endorsement and it won't protect him from being made fun of in some future comic.  >:D

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: dalebert on July 24, 2008, 01:31 PM NHFT
I'm no Barr fan. He's a politician after all. He's a lot better than most, not that that means much to me. I would have to say that he answered the questions pretty well considering a pretty hostile crowd, or parts of it at least. I was just there as an observer of the comical game of politics. However, I am a big fan of open information and free speech, and I gave him an opportunity to speak to anarchists given that many of them remain politically active, and promised I would post the video on my blog unedited, and I intend to do that. I just look at it as providing information. It's definitely not an endorsement and it won't protect him from being made fun of in some future comic.  >:D

Most of it was empty rhetoric. He's learned how to speak like a libertarian, surely.

The only thing I remember him saying that was potentially interesting was an idea to sunset Title 18 of the USC (the fedgov criminal code), which he said defines something like 4,000 offenses.

Dave Ridley

Quote from: dalebert on July 24, 2008, 01:31 PM NHFT

mind if i use your bob barr vid?

dalebert

Quote from: DadaOrwell on July 29, 2008, 11:02 PM NHFT
mind if i use your bob barr vid?

I'm posting it to YouTube myself under the AnarchyInYourHead account and embedding it in my blog, but I don't mind if you use it too. All I ask is that you mention that the full vid is posted on my website and post a link and give a plug. I'm uploading it to YouTube now. What's the best way to get the footage to you?