• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Anarchy in your Head Web Comics

Started by dalebert, October 20, 2007, 04:09 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

dalebert

Quote from: Eli on March 10, 2008, 12:42 PM NHFT
My post wasn't meant to be critical.

I took it as constructive criticism. I don't mind criticism. I've received a lot harsher comments than "scheduling problems". Some people have said that my toons just don't do anything for them. They weren't trying to be mean; just honest. It stings a little but I even try to take that constructively so I can improve.

Also, always post something (even a "Behind schedule, post tomorrow") so that folks get their expectations met.

This seems like a good tip. I'm going to post that Friday's are the usual posting day and I'm going to start posting something when I'm running behind.

On a side note, one thing I'd really like to encourage is more discussion on the actual page. If my toons and/or the related post were able to stimulate some discussion on the blog, then that would enhance a more steady traffic as people come back to check on responses to their comments and what not. It also means people spending more time looking at the site which is a good thing. Not sure how to do it other than to occasionally remind people to leave comments. I think maybe I need to be a little more controversial and attract a few people who disagree.

dalebert

I've added an Easter egg to the latest comic. Click my sig to visit.

Does anyone have an active account at themarijuanaforum.com who could post this toon? It won't let me post images or links to other sites until I've posted 15 times.

dalebert

I'm really proud of this one- the 420 countdown clock. I may even have to get one myself.

Puke

FTL_Ian

dugg!

Dale, Rome was not built in a day.  It will take time to build traffic, and even more time to build sales.  At the FTL store, for instance, sales are pretty slow.  Only six in the last 30 days.

I like the idea of a consistent release schedule. 

You've only begun to build your brand.  Keep at it!   :icon_pirat:

dalebert

My comment filter for AIYH has been pretty good. I can't complain, but I remember comments like these from before. Comment spam is the sux.

picaro

Oh, have you thought of doing a cross-promotion with another web comic?  (where you draw another artist's comic and they draw yours on the same day.)

Russell Kanning

Quote from: dalebert on March 11, 2008, 09:48 AM NHFT
Does anyone have an active account at themarijuanaforum.com who could post this toon? It won't let me post images or links to other sites until I've posted 15 times.
better get posting

I like how your sig takes you to the latest comic. Can you post that on the front of the wiki and/or give us the code for the banner ads on this forum?

dalebert

Quote from: Russell Kanning on March 12, 2008, 12:15 PM NHFT
Can you post that on the front of the wiki and/or give us the code for the banner ads on this forum?

That's all here:
http://anarchyinyourhead.com/support/

What wiki are you talking about?

Russell Kanning

the front page of the new hampshire underground

Russell Kanning

J’raxis 270145

Nice, this just came up as an ad banner here:—

Kat Kanning

dalebert

Quote from: Kat Kanning on March 12, 2008, 02:45 PM NHFT
We just added it.

Wow, the Kannings just may end up on my Christmas card list. Right now it's empty.  ;D

Interesting coiky-dinky, cause I spent the last hour or two going over the ad campaign suggestions sent to me by Google. I approved it and put a few of their suggestions on pause based on what I thought was most relevant and what-not. Then I looked over the campaign and realized that none of them are active because they CPC (cost per click) is too high. I may go through and raise my max CPC on a few of them and try it out but what it basically means is that about one in every 20 people that clicks an ad would need to buy something in my store for me to just break even. I'm not optimistic about that based on past sales. haha. I did, however get some ideas for more targeted ads by looking through that list. So I may create a few more ads that I think will cost a little bit less and have a better chance of reaching someone who likes my stuph.

Thanx Kat!

Pat K