• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

my cats are just so cute

Started by Friday, October 28, 2007, 08:23 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Friday

I was just trying on my V mask, and my cat Ezme (the one who has shredded my tax forms two years in a row) jumped into my lap and stared at my face.  Then I took the mask off and put it on a chair, and she went over and started sniffing it.  I'm telling you, this cat hates the government.   ;D

error

d_goddard

Friday

Quote from: d_goddard on October 28, 2007, 08:36 PM NHFT
OMG... you're a "cat lady"

Yes, it's true.  I always thought of myself as a dog person (and I do dream of the day when I own my own home and can then own a dog again; after getting evicted from a rental many years ago and forced to give up my puppy, I took an oath to never get another dog until I was in a situation where no one had the power to force me to move (yes, yes, I know about eminent domain, I'm just mentally blocking it out right now  :( )).  But I have discovered quite late in life that that was a fallacy foisted on me by my parents, who both dislike cats and never let me have one.  Now I totally dig cats.  I feel confident I will wind up a crazy old lady in a shack in the woods with a shotgun and a few dozen cats.  And googly eyes... because you can't be a crazy cat lady without googly eyes.  :love10:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bp0Q3UJHrkU

Rosie the Riveter

miamiballoonguy

Quote from: Friday on October 28, 2007, 08:47 PM NHFT

Yes, it's true.  I always thought of myself as a dog person (and I do dream of the day when I own my own home and can then own a dog again; after getting evicted from a rental many years ago and forced to give up my puppy, I took an oath to never get another dog until I was in a situation where no one had the power to force me to move (yes, yes, I know about eminent domain, I'm just mentally blocking it out right now  :( )).  But I have discovered quite late in life that that was a fallacy foisted on me by my parents, who both dislike cats and never let me have one.  Now I totally dig cats.  I feel confident I will wind up a crazy old lady in a shack in the woods with a shotgun and a few dozen cats.  And googly eyes... because you can't be a crazy cat lady without googly eyes.  :love10:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bp0Q3UJHrkU

So what do they call men in the same old folks situation who own lots of cats?  Just curious because I don't like dogs...  They're pretty dumb, they smell bad, are needy, and they smell bad...  Cats on the other hand are great...  They kill vermin and drop it at your feet, they play with you for short periods of time and the rest of the time they are either sleeping or eating, They clean themselves, They can be toilet trained, They are sleek and elegant, and they don't smell bad... >:D

d_goddard

Quote from: Friday on October 28, 2007, 08:47 PM NHFT
Yes, it's true. [...] I totally dig cats.  I feel confident I will wind up a crazy old lady in a shack in the woods with a shotgun and a few dozen cats.
I think you should change your forum name to "Maureen Johnson Smith Long"

Trivia: Maureen's cat is named Pixel, and so is the cat on the cover of this insanely groovy album

miamiballoonguy

Quote from: ivyleague28477 on October 28, 2007, 10:04 PM NHFT
Quote from: miamiballoonguy on October 28, 2007, 09:55 PM NHFT
... they smell bad.... and they smell bad... 

and they don't smell bad...

oh that was funny...

Oh, but it is soooo true....  That doggy smell just reeks...  Only thing you have to deal with cats is the litterbox (and the pain in the ass that it is to train them to use the toilet instead of the box) and having to cut their gosh darn nails every few weeks...  Other than that, cats rule!

Here's Spaz... There's a reason he's called spaz...  He seriously maimed a chihuaha, and attacked a Lab a few years ago...  He's very loveable except when ther's a dog around...

Here's Leon...  My little bro nicknamed him Fat slice...  My sister nicknamed him chubster...  He is the most mellow cat around...  He is a slut for affection.

And here's is the biggest sweety of them all, my dodai (Pronounced doh-dee)..  My second Japanese Bobtail...  the best cat breed in the world(IMHO) and the worlds best shoulder kitty...  Don't you just love the Pom Pom tail she has?

Lloyd Danforth

That Calico looking cat seems to have a tude ;D

Friday

Quote from: d_goddard on October 28, 2007, 10:09 PM NHFT
Trivia: Maureen's cat is named Pixel, and so is the cat on the cover of this insanely groovy album
Maureen's Pixel was orange, IIRC, as is my kitten Thomas.  The cat on that album cover looks just like Ezme.  :icon_cat:

Friday

Quote from: miamiballoonguy on October 28, 2007, 09:55 PM NHFT
So what do they call men in the same old folks situation who own lots of cats?  Just curious because I don't like dogs... 
Hmmm, very interesting question.   :inspect:  I don't know!

Just so there's no misunderstanding, I don't dislike dogs, I love dogs.  Having a dog is on my list of things-to-do-before-I-die.

miamiballoonguy

Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on October 29, 2007, 05:48 AM NHFT

She's doesn't...  Her breed just clings with one or two people, and the rest she tends to avoid...

Anthony

dalebert

Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on October 29, 2007, 05:48 AM NHFT

When cats squint their eyes like that, it seems like they're just being affectionate or really relaxed. Not the same as people squinting eyes.  8)

Porcupine_in_MA

Quote from: Friday on October 28, 2007, 08:23 PM NHFT
I was just trying on my V mask, and my cat Ezme (the one who has shredded my tax forms two years in a row) jumped into my lap and stared at my face.  Then I took the mask off and put it on a chair, and she went over and started sniffing it.  I'm telling you, this cat hates the government.   ;D

I love your cat. I have two myself and I can just tell their libertarians.

shyfrog

I miss my Lady Grey. I'm sure she'll love the eventual drive out here  ::)