• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Big, bad news! Liberty Dollar offices raided.

Started by toowm, November 15, 2007, 09:04 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

coffeeseven

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on November 15, 2007, 10:44 AM NHFT
Quote from: FTL_Ian on November 15, 2007, 10:34 AM NHFT
The Sunshine Mint doesn't know anything about a raid.

This may be a hoax.  Whoever wrote that e-mail certainly did a good job sounding like Bernard.

The signup form (http://www.libertydollar.org/classaction/index.php) linked in the message certainly exists and is on the right domain name, but the page is just described as "class action lawsuit signup" and could be for one of their earlier suits. There is no news about this on the http://www.libertydollar.org/ site. Why would they put up a new form for signing up for a lawsuit related to this action, and yet not link it from their front page?

And how can there be a six hour raid this morning when only 3 hours has gone by? Evansville time that is.

JonM

Depending on your disposition it's either 3am at night or 3am in the morning . . .

Only one story on google news which is just the email so far.

Rochelle

Fragilityh14

I Got this email too!!!

omfg thug feds stealing all that gold/silver what pieces of shit.

but you have to steal when you're a net loss to society and aren't productive in any way

MikeforLiberty

The Feds; winning hearts and minds all over the globe.  >:(

anarchicluv

There's a ton of talk about this over at the RonPaulForums as well.  Nothing has been confirmed yet.  I too called the Sunshine Mint this morning and the lady who answered had no idea what I was talking about. 

Porcupine_in_MA

I'm starting to think along the lines of what Ian said, this is smelling like a hoax.

J’raxis 270145

Agreed. So how did this hoaxer get a mailing list of LD supporters? Hacked the LD site?

KBCraig

Quote from: Jon Maltz on November 15, 2007, 11:09 AM NHFT
Depending on your disposition it's either 3am at night or 3am in the morning . . .

It says that the raid started at 8am and lasted 6 hours. It's not yet 2:00 pm in Evansville, and certainly wasn't when this message was posted!

jaqeboy

Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 15, 2007, 10:14 AM NHFT

Nothing is safe from the feds ... it is better to get used to the idea

Ugh.. so right, though.

I was thinking the PEACE - STOP THE WAR LD's might have put them over the edge

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: jaqeboy on November 15, 2007, 01:04 PM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 15, 2007, 10:14 AM NHFT

Nothing is safe from the feds ... it is better to get used to the idea

Ugh.. so right, though.

I was thinking the PEACE - STOP THE WAR LD's might have put them over the edge

I think peace protests are something they're already too good at ignoring, rather than fighting.

Rochelle

Just been reported on LRC as well. It must be real :(
Sucky sucky sucky sucky sucky :(

J’raxis 270145

Lew Rockwell's source is Gordon Unleashed, which in turn is relying entirely on the email, so there's still no independent corroboration.

Rochelle

It seems that someone ought to be able to get a hold of Nothaus and confirm this...I heard someone tried but his phone isn't on or something like that. But obviously they didn't arrest him or else he wouldn't have been able to send out an email.

*cries over lost RP liberty coppers* :'(