• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

good cell phone service

Started by maxxoccupancy, November 25, 2007, 10:48 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

maxxoccupancy

Measured by customer service, value, and coverage, which of the providers have you had positive experience with?  Please, also vote in the poor service poll.

kola

I get the best service from my homemade cellphone: a few cans and some string.

Thanks!
Kola

cathleeninnh

Well, the Sprint towers aren't the Nextel towers, so you might want to separate those options. Nextel works at our place but Sprint doesn't. The Sprint coverage maps weren't accurate.

Cathleen

Ron Helwig

I got an error when trying to vote. Since none of them are good, I didn't select any  :)

maxxoccupancy

Okay, fixed up the poll and added a few new options.

BTW, love that ghoti.

maxxoccupancy

Wow, I'm surprised that TMobile managed to get three votes.  That's the one I left because their reception sucked.  I have heard that they've improved their coverage here, but only Verizon can be picked up in Little Minnesota.

Keep a'votin' folks!

kola

I din't vote. me got no cell-thingy..me no want one.

me want all towers down. they ugly and..they dangerous.

kolaman

JellyFish

I have had Tmobile, Verizon and AT&T.

Tmobile: Sucked, I could not get a signal in the Milford area worth a damn.

Verizon: Very good signal but shitty phones.

AT&T: Good signal but some dropped areas out in Rindge, etc. However, it's worth it to me because I have an iphone that I absolutely love and would never go back to a shitty verizon phone again.

Beth221

HELIO!!!

www.helio.com

they offer no contracts for some of the plans, and so far, my helio (ocean model) kicks ass, and great coverage, the net is fast, i can email, text, and take and send pics instantly to the web, youtube, or email. 

kicks ass!

they offer service, and phones. 

(i personally think my helio Ocean can kick any Iphone's ass, full keyboard, no finicky touchpad for typing, and wicked fast net, "3G" fancy!) 

kola

does hulio (iglias) want your ssn before u get da phone service?

Beth221

NOPE!!!!!!!!

they did ask for it, but I asked why, and then i told them NO, they were fine with it. 

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: Beth221 on January 05, 2008, 08:02 PM NHFT
they did ask for it, but I asked why, and then i told them NO, they were fine with it. 

What with identity theft becoming so common nowadays, I'm not surprised companies are becoming more lenient dealing with customers who refuse to give it out.

Nat F

Quote from: Beth221 on January 05, 2008, 06:28 PM NHFT
HELIO!!!

www.helio.com

they offer no contracts for some of the plans, and so far, my helio (ocean model) kicks ass, and great coverage, the net is fast, i can email, text, and take and send pics instantly to the web, youtube, or email. 

kicks ass!

they offer service, and phones. 

(i personally think my helio Ocean can kick any Iphone's ass, full keyboard, no finicky touchpad for typing, and wicked fast net, "3G" fancy!) 

For those interested in Helio you should know that they use Sprint's network.  Sprint has limited 3G (EVDO) coverage in New Hampshire.  Basically they have 3g in the greater Nashua and Portsmouth areas with a few more much smaller 3g coverage areas.  Sprint does have very accurate coverage maps so be sure to check out areas you are concerned about.  As an example Manchester has 1x RTT data speeds, which is barely better than 56k dialup.

That said my wife and just switched our lines to Sprint from Verizon and have had no problems so far.  The savings available with Sprint's SERO program (sprint.com/sero use savings@sprintemi.com as sprint employee email address) is so drastic that we are paying less for 2 lines on Sprint with more minutes, unlimited text, unlimited data than our minutes only Verizon plan.  For example it's $30 a month for 500 minutes, unlimited text, unlimited data, unlimited mobile-mobile, unlimited nights & weekends, etc with Sprint on their SERO plan.  Just be aware that the downside is awful first level support with Sprint.

-Nat

Beth221

i checked into the coverage for my helio in NH, and it seemed to be fine for what I am doing with it, i dont use the net all that often on my phone, and yep, i know they piggy back off sprint's netpwrk, but i just like the idea of NO CONTRACTS! 

srqrebel