• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Gambling Disobedience (Military Veterans + the public?)

Started by FTL_Ian, January 30, 2008, 11:54 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: srqrebel on February 26, 2008, 10:21 AM NHFT
By the way, I will only participate if it is not advertised in advance as an act of civil disobedience.

Too Late! ;D

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Kat Kanning on February 26, 2008, 06:45 PM NHFT
When is Freedom Fest?  Tell me now if you want to advertise gambling table there.  I haven't sent off the March paper yet.

4/20ish (maybe 4/19)

Kat Kanning

Quote from: srqrebel on February 27, 2008, 12:46 PM NHFT
I didn't say anything about "word leaking out". I said advertise.  As in deliberate.  As in being promoted to the public that way by the event organizers.

Oh, well...sorry I offered.

srqrebel

Quote from: Kat Kanning on February 27, 2008, 12:50 PM NHFT
Quote from: srqrebel on February 27, 2008, 12:46 PM NHFT
I didn't say anything about "word leaking out". I said advertise.  As in deliberate.  As in being promoted to the public that way by the event organizers.

Oh, well...sorry I offered.

You offered to advertise it as civil disobedience, instead of just a gambling table?

Sorry to have misread your earlier post.

srqrebel

I removed my earlier post in response to Russell's post, as it was in bad taste.

It's just that it gets rather frustrating sometimes when I post precisely what I mean to say, and people respond without first paying close attention to what I said in the first place.

picaro

The purpose of civil disobedience -- as opposed to simple disobedience -- is to draw attention to existing injustice.   This is the civil disobedience forum after all...

Getting arrested for feeding homeless people in public parks without permits has good PR potential.  Though it may be difficult... groups that do this are seldom harassed in spite of consciously flouting the law.

Kat Kanning

No, I was just going to say a gambling table.  I thought you didn't want that.  Oh well, too late now.

Coconut

I am going to copy and paste the questions I had about the gambling table rom the freedom fest thread to here. If we don't know the answers, when do we start talking details?

Who is organizing the table? What game is being played? Do you have or need poker chips, or do you want it to look more "underground" like by having federal money being thrown out onto the table?

I'm interested in coming to watch, with a videocamera of course, and if the situation demands it I could jump in to deal or play.

FTL_Ian

I love Facilitator's dice game.  It is so simple and easily allows people to bet only pennies.

The 50/50 raffle is a great idea as well.

srqrebel

I was kind of hoping for a real poker game with a deck of cards, but we could use the dice game instead. 

Either way, using pennies is a great way to illustrate the absurdity of the government's gambling laws.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: srqrebel on March 04, 2008, 10:21 AM NHFT
I was kind of hoping for a real poker game with a deck of cards, but we could use the dice game instead. 

Either way, using pennies is a great way to illustrate the absurdity of the government's gambling laws.

There is no reason you can't have a poker game.  I believe Coconut is willing to deal.  All you'll need is a card table and some chairs.

srqrebel

Coconut

Quote from: FTL_Ian on March 04, 2008, 10:23 AM NHFT

There is no reason you can't have a poker game.  I believe Coconut is willing to deal.  All you'll need is a card table and some chairs.

I can supply cards and even a dealer button. I'm a little reluctant to offer my chip set as it's worth a little bit and I don't necessarily want it confiscated, but if the consensus was that chips would make a better scene then I would. But it seems like people want to use pennies so nobody can really argue that it was for high stakes.

Kat Kanning

You'll have to hope it's not a windy day...playing card in the wind will be interesting.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Coconut on March 05, 2008, 07:52 PM NHFT
Quote from: FTL_Ian on March 04, 2008, 10:23 AM NHFT

I can supply cards and even a dealer button. I'm a little reluctant to offer my chip set as it's worth a little bit and I don't necessarily want it confiscated, but if the consensus was that chips would make a better scene then I would. But it seems like people want to use pennies so nobody can really argue that it was for high stakes.

If you use chips it would appear you are gambling for chips.  Use cash.