• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Deliberate Dumbing Down of America

Started by Kat Kanning, February 15, 2008, 12:55 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

dalebert

That's odd. I thought soft water made it difficult to rinse soap out well. My understanding was that minerals in the water combine with the remaining soap to rinse it away and soft water is too pure. Hard water gets the soap but has excess minerals and leaves a mineral residue. No? The water here is crazy soft. The good thing is the shower doesn't seem to need cleaning yet and I've used it for a month. It still seems spotless. The downside is that it does seem to leave your skin slimy after soap and you have to rinse for a while to feel like you've gotten most of it off. I don't think it all comes off and I'm worried that's contributing to drying my skin.

Pat McCotter

Quote from: dalebert on February 25, 2008, 11:33 AM NHFT
Quote from: raineyrocks on February 25, 2008, 10:04 AM NHFT
I have well water and we had it tested before we bought our house but lately the water is really hard, my daughter was filling up the tub and the water was all yellow, (no she didn't pee in it).  So anyways I bought a couple of gravity filters for the shower heads and they have really helped my skin and hair, no more rusty smell in the water either.

This place just had an elaborate whole-house filtering system installed for the well water so the water is kind of soft. It's really elaborate. First it uses salt to neutralize something in the water before it even goes through the filter system.

Salt is the water softener - sodium chloride or potassium chloride.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: dalebert on February 25, 2008, 03:07 PM NHFT
That's odd. I thought soft water made it difficult to rinse soap out well. My understanding was that minerals in the water combine with the remaining soap to rinse it away and soft water is too pure. Hard water gets the soap but has excess minerals and leaves a mineral residue. No? The water here is crazy soft. The good thing is the shower doesn't seem to need cleaning yet and I've used it for a month. It still seems spotless. The downside is that it does seem to leave your skin slimy after soap and you have to rinse for a while to feel like you've gotten most of it off. I don't think it all comes off and I'm worried that's contributing to drying my skin.

Really, that's strange it seems the opposite with me. :inspect:  I will investigate this matter further! :D

KBCraig

Soft water does make it so that you need much less soap, because there's no mineral content to hinder the foaming action. If you use normal amounts, you'll be rinsing forever. And if you use a normal amount of laundry detergent, you can expect the washer to overflow with suds.

I sold water softening systems once. For about half a day.  ;)

Raineyrocks

Quote from: ancapagency on February 16, 2008, 10:44 AM NHFT
Quote from: kola on February 15, 2008, 05:09 PM NHFT
imo vaccines have a lot to do with all the learning disabilities...at many levels.

kola

My hypothesis is that many of the "learning disabilities" are in fact symptoms of PTSD created by the gooferment schools, for example, most of the "ADD" and "ADHD."  To investigate for yourself, examine the diagnostic criteria for ADD, ADHD, and PTSD in DSM-IV.  Not definitive proof, but I think enough in itself to warrant a closer look.  Keep in mind, trauma is subjective, and what may not be traumatic for an adult may very well be quite traumatic for a five year old. 

Consider, for example, being significantly weaker and smaller than most everyone around you, and having absolutely no say over anything that happens in your life.  It's one thing when you are in that situation at home--where familiarity and 1-on-1 involvement gives you a chance to learn the rules, and it's generally pretty obvious the folks who are so much bigger and stronger and possessed of more knowledge and absolute control over your life actually love you, and make it clear that they are trying to help you, and the rules are generally pretty clear and well-known and explained.  Everything around you is made for people much bigger than you--look at a small child climbing stairs, and imagine what it would be like for you if the stairs were scaled up proportionately.  You have to recognize people by their knees and what their nostrils look like from below.  :)

Now imagine a situation where it's pretty clear that you are just another object, none of the vastly more powerful people actually treat you as an individual, or demonstrate any particular caring for you in particular, and in which things seem to happen completely arbitrarily, and with no warning.  The rules are seldom clear, seldom explained, hardly (if ever) self-evident, and usually are not even articulated in any sense except "ex post facto."  You don't know anyone, everyone but you seems to have power over you, everyone but you has knowledge, and everyone is stronger and bigger.  All these people seem to act on utterly unpredictable whim, frequently at great cost to yourself.  Furthermore, there is little in the way of consistency.  These powerful entities exert control over every aspect of your life--even over your natural bodily functions.  They transport you where they will, without a "by your leave." 

They come and go according to no rhyme or reason you can see, often appearing, issuing a random decree, and then occasionally leaving someone else to enforce their decree, or sometimes enforcing it themselves.  They ring bells at you, seemingly at random. They give you random tasks, unrelated to the other tasks they've given you in the past as well as those they give you in the future, and they often change the tasks before you are done, and rate your performance on the tasks without explaining to you the criteria by which they rate your performance.  They bury you in arcane pieces of paper, and send even more arcane pieces of paper to your family, which then cause your heretofore happy family to begin expressing disapproval.  They push you to hurry at certain times, and to slow down at other times, in a completely arbitrary fashion. 

They seem to do everything they can to make you fear.  They hold "drills" at which time they randomly ring loud bells different from the other random bells, and then hustle you out of the building.  Then you stand around with everyone else for an unspecified period of time, after which they hustle you back inside.  Sometimes they ring the loud bells and hustle you somewhere else in the building, where they make you huddle on the floor with everyone else.  They have speakers on the walls through which random decrees and such issue.  They give you too much information, too fast, and in completely random order, little of it connected to any of the other information they give you.  No one ever asks you what you want to do, how you feel about anything, what you think about anything, or if you fully understand what is going on.  No one ever asks for permission before they do anything to you. 

I could go on for quite some time.  Does anyone really doubt that this sort of thing could induce PTSD in a five year old?

Wow, I never thought about what you wrote so deeply but it sure makes sense to me and your so right you could go on with it.  I had more thoughts on what you wrote when I got done reading it.  Thanks for posting that! :)

Raineyrocks

How did this thread get on the shower filter post?  I checked my spelling and saw KB's post on water softener and thought gee these 2 things don't go together.  Does anyone know what happened?  This is too strange for me especially when I just woke up!  It feels like I was transported somewhere else. :o

Kat Kanning

I think it must have been some sort of government conspiracy.

Jared

KBCraig

Quote from: Kat Kanning on February 28, 2008, 07:27 AM NHFT

I think they put something in the water. Hey, does anyone know if the water is flouridated in NH?

;D

kola

Someone here posted that NH water is flouridated.

John Edward Mercier

You have to check the various municipal systems.

dalebert

If it's even a little bit rural, it's probably going to be well water. I'm in Stratham, which is a small town but it's not like it's out in the boondocks, and this house is on a well.

Russell Kanning

I have to see that gravity showerhead filter in action ... that must be one slow shower ... unless you are under a waterfall or something. :)

Most people, I think, prefer softer water for washing ... it seems to use less soap and leave things cleaner feeling. I have sometimes prefered drinking water that had lots of stuph in it.

We do like our showerhead filter in Keene though ... it takes out the clorine. It doesn't take out the mind control drugs the gov put in.

Keene city water is floride free ... but as someone pointed out Manchester's is not. Hopefully most of NH city water is not poisoned .... and many people have wells.

The wells in Grafton has nice clean water ... cept for the stuph that leaks from our private nuke plants.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Kat Kanning on February 28, 2008, 07:27 AM NHFT

Yeah, I was gonna say something about the dumbing down of america, then took a drink of some water I got from Manchester and,  suddenly went off topic :P

kola

if you think flouriode is beneficial and you think you need more flouride just swallow your toothpaste.

but, read the labels first.

flouride=-dumbdown juice

Kola