• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

NHLA/Seacoast Porcupines Adopt-A-Highway

Started by Brian Pellerin, July 13, 2005, 01:57 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Pellerin

The New Hampshire Liberty Alliance now has a section of highway in Lee.  We have a little under 2 miles of Rt. 4, between the junctions of 4 & 155 and 4 & 155A.  For those of you who know the area, this is the area across from the UNH horse barns.  For those of you who don't know the area, here's a link to Mapquest:

Mapquest Link

I will be heading down to the DOT next week for the safety talk.  After that, the DOT will order the signs, but I've been informed we can do a pick-up before the signs arrive.

I need volunteers and a date.  After this week, my schedule is wide open, so we just need a day where at least 3 other people can help.  (Although I won't complain if you all want to help.  The more the merrier.)
This is our opportunity to show that volunteerism can be a practical replacement for government mandates.

(Adding this to the calendar for August 14th.  KD)

Michael Fisher

Thank you very much for doing this, Brian!

Someone pick a date and I'll do my best to be there!  Sun, Mon, and Tue evenings are bad for me for the next month or two.

This is great news!!!  :)

davemincin

Thanks much Brian for your effort.  Expect we can come up with a date and some volunteers at
our meeting Saturday.

Kat Kanning

davemincin

Thanks Kat...But if my memory serves me, you are the Lass who really got this idea rolling! :D

Kat Kanning

It wasn't my idea to start with.  Dawn said it to me, who got it from someone else....

Pat K

Quote from: katdillon on July 14, 2005, 06:11 PM NHFT

It wasn't my idea to start with.? Dawn said it to me, who got it from someone else....

It was Kats Idea how ever to make the workers wear chains and for her to wear mirrored sunglasses and carry that shotgun. ;D

Dreepa

'You run one time, you got yourself a set of chains. You run twice you got yourself two sets. You ain't gonna need no third set, 'cause you gonna get your mind right'

Kat Kanning

OMG, PatK!!  I"m going to have chain and shotgun for the next cleanup.   8)

Dreepa

BTW.. if slowly every group Adopts a highway then slowly Porcs will own all highways in NH.... then we can get rid of the cleaning crews that the State pays.  :D

Kat Kanning

davemincin

Team leader Brian has decreed August 14th as our first clean up day!? Of course he has to go take
the state safety course first!? Don't want to loose any porcs to just walking out in front of traffic,
cause they haven't been trained! ;D

Dreepa

Does the Merrimack Porc Group  have a highway?
Are they feeling left out?

davemincin

Well hey, hello real world.  Was at the last two Merrimack meetings and asked for a volunteer to head up an
adopt-a-highway in that area, I got total silence, so guess your answer is that no one is up for stepping forward
there.

Kat stepped forward, Brian stepped forward, perhaps when you get here you will step forward! :)

Perhaps no glory in heading up a crew to clean the highway, but do believe every little bit helps, and
think the folks that have stepped forward ROCK! :)

Dreepa

Dave.....

Done.  When I get there we can talk about this as it is 99% likely I will end up in Merrimack County somewhere.
However I want Pat or Kat with a shotgun!