• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

To the Cops

Started by Vitruvian, May 31, 2008, 08:40 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Vitruvian

Take a hard look into the mirror:

Coconut

From LEAP speaker and anti-drug war activist officer:

Quote from: highline on May 31, 2008, 04:41 PM NHFT
If I caught [Russell] smoking a joint - indeed I would arrest him for that.  That is current policy...

There may be bad cops, and there may be "better" cops, but they will keep following orders to hurt people. Isn't highline going to be at porcfest? Don't be getting near him with anything questionable.

Dylboz

That is fucking retarded! What business does that guy have being in LEAP if he insists on enforcing that stupid law? I know a guy who works for the county prosecutor's office, and he stated, for the record, he will not prosecute or be involved in the prosecution of non-violent, victimless crimes, including drug cases. They didn't fire him, they just moved him to major crimes and he does only murder, rape, robbery and fraud. He is a minarchist old-school Objectivist, so it is consistent with his principles. There is no reason anyone has to know that this guy found anyone with weed. In the days when I smoked (long over) I had cops just throw my dope on the ground and crush it into the dirt, or "confiscate" it. I was never once charged, despite numerous undeniable cases of possession, even with paraphernalia. He could just as easily look the other way, and do what is right as opposed to what is "current policy."

Free libertarian

Quote from: Vitruvian on May 31, 2008, 08:40 PM NHFT
Take a hard look into the mirror:

A picture is worth a thousand words.

Ron Helwig

Quote from: Dylboz on June 01, 2008, 01:06 AM NHFT
That is fucking retarded! What business does that guy have being in LEAP if he insists on enforcing that stupid law?

I would suggest that his belonging to that organization might earn him some enemies. Enemies who could cause much trouble for him if he were to be caught not enforcing the laws he was hired to enforce.

Sure, when you work for the government (as an employee or as an elected official) you have to put up with some truly nasty stuff. But if by doing so you can do some real good, I have no significant problem with that.

KBCraig

Quote from: Coconut on May 31, 2008, 11:25 PM NHFT

If I caught [Russell] smoking a joint - indeed I would arrest him for that.  That is current policy...

There may be bad cops, and there may be "better" cops, but they will keep following orders to hurt people. Isn't highline going to be at porcfest? Don't be getting near him with anything questionable.

He should probably search that Delorean really well when it's over. Someone might accidentally leave something behind that would excite Rin Tin Tin.

MengerFan

When you are on trial for murdering a hundred people, you don't receive an acquittal due to the millions of people you didn't kill.

Dylboz

Quote from: Ron Helwig on June 01, 2008, 07:53 AM NHFT
Quote from: Dylboz on June 01, 2008, 01:06 AM NHFT
That is fucking retarded! What business does that guy have being in LEAP if he insists on enforcing that stupid law?

I would suggest that his belonging to that organization might earn him some enemies. Enemies who could cause much trouble for him if he were to be caught not enforcing the laws he was hired to enforce.

Sure, when you work for the government (as an employee or as an elected official) you have to put up with some truly nasty stuff. But if by doing so you can do some real good, I have no significant problem with that.

What good is he doing by enforcing bad laws? If all he does is bitch about them like the rest of us, well, we're not any better off, are we?

kola

I finally agree with somethig you say, Dylboz.

highliner is trying to work both ways. It can't be done. He still the naziguy with the gun in the above picture. It doesnt matter what he says, its what he does.

kola

Giggan

Quote from: Dylboz on June 01, 2008, 02:19 PM NHFT
What good is he doing by enforcing bad laws? If all he does is bitch about them like the rest of us, well, we're not any better off, are we?

If he quits, someone else we'll be enforcing them in his stead. Perhaps having been an officer, he'd have pull in testimony against these policies, or perhaps his opponents would taint his record if they already have problems with his beliefs and paint him as someone who 'couldn't hack it' if he left. Although anyone in law enforcement that lets their beliefs be known even though it polarizes people already shows that they're not trying to win a popularity contest. It's often more complicated then we'd like to think of it as; lotta ins, lotta outs.

kola

Quote from: Coconut on May 31, 2008, 11:25 PM NHFT

Well said..Coconut!

Remember as I said before, ESPECIALLY fear the cop who wants to be your "buddy" or "is on your side". These are the worst.

You all will soon figure that out if you haven't already. (ie shane busting Russell)

Kola

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Giggan on June 01, 2008, 05:23 PM NHFT
Quote from: Dylboz on June 01, 2008, 02:19 PM NHFT

If he quits, someone else we'll be enforcing them in his stead.
The power is in each of our hands.

Dylboz

Quote from: Giggan on June 01, 2008, 05:23 PM NHFT

If he quits, someone else we'll be enforcing them in his stead. 

As the saying goes, same difference. Or, none at all. Who cares? The only thing that would help is if he refused to enforce those laws, and only enforced the ones with real victims. I pointed out an example of someone who did just that and kept his job above. It can be done. But, who cares if it's highline or anyone else if they all follow the same orders and do the same things? What, he's not gonna kick me in the ribs or give me an extra Tazer jolt while busting me for a totally victimless crime like pot possession or public intoxication or picking up a hooker or whatever? How about not bothering me at all?

kola

Now that these 2 gooncops know some of you (personally) it appears they can question detain and arrest you without probable cause.

I guess thats an "advantage"   ::) to having "cop-friends" huh?

In maxfields other post he stated that he knew who Russell was and that he knew Russell's license was suspended so he "had to do his job".

I wouldn't want these clowns anywhere near PorcFest..

damn, maybe you all will have to change it to "Pork" Fest instead.

KOla

Giggan

I'm thinking if highline and Maxfield were not outspoken or involved at all with the liberty movement, or at least having even shown any preference for it, they could 'look the other way' more often and not fear repercussions. They're under a microscope so they can't do anything to draw attention to themselves, such as never having a pot arrest, etc. They're serving two masters, so they have to work twice as hard for each to prove loyalty. Degrading them here is not helping our cause any, though it is important that we be aware of their conflict of interest. A friendly suggestion of what we feel the moral decision is on their part will be far better received than blatant attacks and childish insults. Diplomacy isn't just about treating your opposition with respect when it's convenient, and diplomacy is a necessary skill if we wish to change things. I understand a minority on this forum would rather basque in rebellion for the sake of it over making serious change, and that is your decision.