• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

To the Cops

Started by Vitruvian, May 31, 2008, 08:40 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Maybe I expect them to take a bigger step than you do. :)

They are my enemies. They oppose me and my actions and I oppose their current actions. When they change enough they can be on my side. :)

If you want to be nicer to the cops ... go right ahead ... you can even tell them they are making good progress and that some of us don't know what we are talking about and don't represent you. But some of us on this forum are going to keep pushing them to change.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: Russell Kanning on June 06, 2008, 06:59 AM NHFT
Maybe I expect them to take a bigger step than you do. :)

They are my enemies. They oppose me and my actions and I oppose their current actions. When they change enough they can be on my side. :)

If you want to be nicer to the cops ... go right ahead ... you can even tell them they are making good progress and that some of us don't know what we are talking about and don't represent you. But some of us on this forum are going to keep pushing them to change.

highline has become distinctly more libertarian in the short time I've known him. I don't know enough about Maxfield; he seems like he's just here to keep on good terms with us so he can do his job more effectively.

There's nothing wrong with trying to push them to change; it's how some people are doing it that could use some work. Take a look at some of the exchanges between that Luke S guy and the other people here. Some people tried to debate with him, connect the dots for him, probe him with simple questions to help him along, and to some extent he actually did "get it." And then some people thought it was a good idea to just call him a narc and an asshole.

What do you think is more productive?

Russell Kanning

I think you should call a spade a spade ... but you can still treat someone decently. I guess I don't like to debate or call someone a narc. When a guy jumps on a forum and wants to debate, I don't think of them as an important person to inteact with. I have much more pleasant and productive conversations with other people I run into.

dalebert

I believe in being completely honest but also tactful, to the point that the person deserves it and seems worthy of some respect. If I'm having a dialog with someone, that means I have a certain amount of respect and some hope that the words aren't lost on them. Sometimes I can tell that someone is beyond hope or at least so far from change that there's no point wasting my time on them. My time is valuable. Luke seemed kind of on the border. I certainly didn't see the value in arguing with him endlessly. With someone like that, where clear logic is just not sinking in, and you keep arguing with them, then it's almost like they're shooting bullets at your feet and making you dance. I was looking at the number of posts he was making in proportion to how much he was actually receptive to new ideas and it was a really bad ratio. Fuck that. Mostly I just got bored with him and stopped wanting to waste my time.

Russell Kanning

I could put LukeS on ignore ... it is harder to do that with bad government workers

sgtusmc

Imagination can reflect that this is what is happening in NH if "We the People do not take back America