• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Bacon!

Started by KBCraig, August 16, 2008, 06:37 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat K

Alex Libman

This injection of politico bacon imagery is sponsored by Ron Paul and the FoxNews.com poll:

Which Candidate or Would-Be Candidate Would You Most Like to See Debate Obama?

Vote, you lazy apolitical bums!  It only takes 5 seconds!

Ron Paul - he's salty and crunchy like bacon, and 90% fat free!   >:D

Pat McCotter

dalebert

sandm000

Quote from: dalebert on July 10, 2011, 06:58 PM NHFT
http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/squeez-bacon.html
Unfortunately it's an april fool's day joke.

Although, a fake label that would fit over a heinz bottle might be a good idea.

dalebert

Pat K

dalebert

dalebert

dalebert

Alex Libman

Triple-posting?  I guess Dale must REALLY like bacon...

jerryswife

From the HSI email newsletter:

Vegetarians have a deep, dark secret.

Under the right circumstances, many of them succumb to the seductive allure of bacon.

And I've personally witnessed this phenomenon.

My friend Julie has been a devoted, no-nonsense vegetarian for many years. But when she was pregnant, she craved bacon so deeply that she gave in on at least two occasions and ate her fill.

Julie made it clear that these lapses were NOT open to discussion. After all, she was riding pregnancy's hormonal roller coaster, and...well...bacon is bacon.

According to an NPR report, many vegetarians (pregnant or not) find bacon to be a "gateway to meat."

Believe it or not, there's a scientific explanation for this phenomenon: Bacon calls to us on an elemental level.

Johan Lundstrom -- a scientist who studies sensory response -- told NPR that the high fat and protein content of bacon stirs an evolutionary quest for calories.

And then, of course, there's the aroma, which Lundstrom describes as "aggressive."

Lundstrom: "There's an intimate connection between odor and emotion, and odor and memory."

So feel no shame, vegetarians. Between bacon's aroma, crunchy texture and that one-of-a-kind taste, you're being lured by a delicacy that tofu can never EVER duplicate.

Pat K

Alex Libman

Humanity's "quest for calories" is over.  Now they are killing us.

The longest-living people in the world are ones that overcome calorie addiction by eating low-caloric-density plant-based foods (like the Tax Resister Diet, with legumes and lots and lots of leafy greens (like kale)), and little to no bacon.

By decreasing your life expectancy, you're not just simply sacrificing a certain number of years off your life, but you're also reducing the odds that you will live long enough to benefit from an explosion of medical innovation (ex. cryogenics) that can increase your lifespan indefinitely!  What's worse, by acting irrationally and celebrating surrender to every carnal temptation, you are discrediting the very ideals of liberty that you claim to support!

As the human civilization invents ever-more temptations that hijack our monkey-brained instincts (accessible animal fats, junk carbs, alcohol, smoking, drugs, etc), ever-more willpower will be necessary to resist them.  How can you expect your (grand*x)children to resist giving up their lives to electrical pleasure, or whatever other addictions of the future humanity will have to face, when -- here -- they'll read about your failure to even stand up against pork bellies!  Eternal vigilance is the price of freedom!  Reason must prevail in all things!

And now, to balance out my """trolling""" and make sure you don't pay any attention to anything I've just said, here's another lolpic for your amusement:

dalebert

Did you know you can smoke bacon? No, I'm not talking about eating bacon that has been smoked. I'm talking about smoking bacon!

http://www.mstsbakery.com/categories/E%252dJuice/Bacon/