• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

my shoulder

Started by Mike Barskey, March 04, 2009, 04:34 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Barskey

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on March 18, 2009, 12:45 PM NHFT
I ran over my arm with a truck and didn't go to the hospital... healed fine, no bill. :D Of course I'm crazy. ;D

Holy crap! I'm doubly amazed: one, that you could stand so much pain, and two, that you could drive a car while lying under it! :)

Tom Sawyer

Hey my stupidity is almost limitless. ;D

Mike, you make me feel like Bruce Willis in Unbreakable.

I hope you get the financial assistance though. How big is the bill from the 2nd time you got hurt?

Kat Kanning

OK trying to imagine how that could happen....Roger's driving his truck, opens the door, puts his arm under the wheel...

Mike Barskey

Quote from: Andrew on March 18, 2009, 03:37 PM NHFT
Mike, you make me feel like Bruce Willis in Unbreakable.

I hope you get the financial assistance though. How big is the bill from the 2nd time you got hurt?

I don't know yet.

Quote from: Kat Kanning on March 18, 2009, 03:40 PM NHFT
OK trying to imagine how that could happen....Roger's driving his truck, opens the door, puts his arm under the wheel...

I'm thinking there was a hill and the lack of an emergency brake involved.

Quote from: Mike Barskey on March 18, 2009, 03:42 PM NHFT

Quote from: Kat Kanning on March 18, 2009, 03:40 PM NHFT

I'm thinking there was a hill and the lack of an emergency brake involved.

I could see that happening. When I was little I wrecked my ATV and flew over the handlebars. Unfortunately the ATV landed on its wheels and proceeded to roll down the hill and over me, but thats nothing compared to a car.

Lloyd Danforth

I ran over my arm with a truck and didn't go to the hospital... healed fine, no bill. :D Of course I'm crazy. ;D

Wasn't that some kind of 'coming of age' tradition up in the mountains?

Tom Sawyer

;D

Gravity... work with it not agin it...
Wisdom from the school of hard knocks. ;D

Pat K

Quote from: Russel Kanning on March 18, 2009, 12:41 PM NHFT
I guess I won't be visiting any emergency rooms.

Just make sure to take all blows and falls
in the head area and you will be fine.

Pat K

Backwoods Gumby Freak!

Tom Sawyer

Broke the wire in my green rubber arm, it wouldn't have happened if Pokie had been there to help me.

Mike Barskey

Financial update: I just keep getting bills for these ER visits. I had one 4-hour visit to the ER in Keene, and one 2-hour visit to the ER in Derry. I received 6 bills so far. For Keene, one was for supplies (the sling), one was for radiology (X-rays), one was for everything else (doctors, drugs, etc.), for a total of about $2600 (although they were only billing me for ~$2000). For Derry, one was for radiology, one was for the doctors, and one was for the rest of the hospital visit (drugs, room, etc.), for a total of about $2500.

The hospitals have a govt-funded and a privately-funded financial assistance program. I have applied for the privately-funded financial assistance for all the bills. Apparently they are backed up about 4-6 weeks on reviewing the applications.

Worst case: I'll owe ~$5K for this. Best case: I'll owe nothing, thanks to private donations for uninsured (and unemployed) users of the hospitals. Will Mike get financial assistance? Will he slip on next winter's ice and dislocate his hip before he finds out? Stay tuned!

Goble

I saw a Black Belt pop someone's shoulder back into socket on one of those EXTREEEEME video shows. That might be a cheaper option the next time you dislocate something.

resunltd

I seem to recall Mike asking for someone...no more like pleading for anybody!! ... to just to pop it back in.   :o Sorry Mike ...we were a little freaked out.

Lloyd Danforth

My eighth grade science teacher played basketball a couple of nights a week.  One guy on the team had a problem shoulder that would dislocate. When ever it happened one of the other team member would rush over an pop him back in!