• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Social Security Card Burn

Started by Russell Kanning, October 24, 2005, 07:46 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

You are not the first. I have kindof been in the cleaning business for the last couple of years. :)
Just send me emails.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: eukreign on October 26, 2005, 04:17 PM NHFT
Those of you that have or are planning on burning your SSN Card I presume that you will still use your SSN# to open bank account or perform any other activity that would require an SSN.

Or do you go cold turkey when you burn the card?

Although I have been asked for the number, I have never(43 years) been asked to show the card.
I have the number memorised.

When I was in Basic Training, somewher in the middle, after assigning two letter followed by an 8 digit number, identification numbers to soldiers for 200 years, they suddenly realized that since 1936 most adults already had a 'unique' social security number and we used that instead!
So, I memorised it.

Pat McCotter

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on October 26, 2005, 04:06 PM NHFT
Quote from: The Baron on October 26, 2005, 10:36 AM NHFT
Maybe they could get you for destruction of Federal property?

Then they should be paying rent for the space it takes up in your wallet.

Suggested not to carry it with you:

"You should treat your Social Security number as confidential information and avoid giving it out unnecessarily. You should keep your Social Security card in a safe place with your other important papers. Do not carry it with you unless you need to show it to an employer or service provider."
http://www.ssa.gov/pubs/10002.html#protect

Tom Sawyer

Wow... found the first card issued!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Kat Kanning

Lloyd Danforth

Oh Shit!  I've been giving out the wrong number all these years!

Lloyd Danforth

Michael Fisher

Quote from: russellkanning on October 25, 2005, 08:30 PM NHFT
Quote from: LeRuineur6 on October 25, 2005, 07:47 PM NHFT
This is a civil disobedience type of event. I think we should save our social security cards for a future civil disobedience event in which we do it in public and plan to be arrested for it. >:D
When were you thinking?

I don't know yet.  First we need to find people willing to go to jail for burning their SS card.

Quote from: russellkanning on October 26, 2005, 04:08 PM NHFT
I need to contact the police in Concord about the ss admin.
Mike you got the #? ;)

225-8600

JonM

Since when did local police arrest for federal law violations?  Maybe Kat and Russell's FBI friends could help you out.  Of course, Social Security is part of the treasury, and they have their own little police force . . .

Pat McCotter

Probably just to see if you need a burn permit.

Kat Kanning

Quote from: JonM on October 26, 2005, 10:19 PM NHFT
Since when did local police arrest for federal law violations?  Maybe Kat and Russell's FBI friends could help you out.  Of course, Social Security is part of the treasury, and they have their own little police force . . .

:o  I don't know if I want to mess with the BATF...they burn babies!

Dreepa

Quote from: katdillon on October 27, 2005, 06:00 AM NHFT
Quote from: JonM on October 26, 2005, 10:19 PM NHFT
Since when did local police arrest for federal law violations?? Maybe Kat and Russell's FBI friends could help you out.? Of course, Social Security is part of the treasury, and they have their own little police force . . .

:o? I don't know if I want to mess with the BATF...they burn babies!
It wouldn't be BATF... it would probably be Secret Service.  Unless they are talking about fire because BATF now investigates arson.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: patmccotter on October 27, 2005, 04:41 AM NHFT
Probably just to see if you need a burn permit.

Get one, blow it up to poster size, and, burn it too!

Russell Kanning

We are doing it on the 12th .... who else can make it?

Anyone want to make the big burnable posters?

Russell Kanning

Sent to Concord police:

I am going to burn my SS card in front of the SS Admin. office in Concord on 11/12/05 at noon. When I asked if the SSA minded this, they sent me this email:

-----------------------------------------------
To:   "'russellkanning@yahoo.com'" <russellkanning@yahoo.com>   
Subject:   Kanning Response\zwKocher\2039245   
Date:   Tue, 25 Oct 2005 19:38:39 -0400   

Thank you for your inquiry.

You may want to contact your local police on the repercussions of burning a Social Security Card in front of a Social Security building.

-----------------------------------------------

I am guessing you guys don't care about this, but they recommended that I contact you.

Russell Kanning

member of:
The Free State Project
The New Hampshire Underground (NHfree.com)