• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

More lack of discernment in the Keene movement

Started by Tom Sawyer, December 29, 2014, 12:39 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Quote from: blackie on August 20, 2017, 05:31 AM NHFT
I almost feel bad for Chris. They used his picture during weekend update on Saturday Night Live.

At this point, he really only has the choice to either actually become the racist leader he wanted to be seen as by his listeners/donors or blow his brains out. He stepped beyond the point of no return in society...

Then again they've charged him with a couple of felonies, so his guns are going bye bye until he gets acquitted. But I doubt they're not going to make an example of him.

Tom Sawyer

Reminds me of the saying... "If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail."

People like Cantwell think they have to overpower what they oppose. They ended up getting the polar opposite of what they wanted.

The other side is talking about "fighting hate". That is rather oxymoronic now isn't it.

Both sides like the fight. It is important for the rest of us to not be drawn into that dichotomy. My enemy's enemy is not my friend. Just because I don't want communism doesn't make me down with fascism.

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on August 23, 2017, 12:29 PM NHFT
Reminds me of the saying... "If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail."

People like Cantrell think they have to overpower what they oppose. They ended up getting the polar opposite of what they wanted.

The other side is talking about "fighting hate". That is rather oxymoronic now isn't it.

Both sides like the fight. It is important for the rest of us to not be drawn into that dichotomy. My enemy's enemy is not my friend. Just because I don't want communism doesn't make me down with fascism.

I agree people in the liberty movement should not be out defending or otherwise justifying any aspect of either side in a Nazi vs Communist argument.

Jay

Both sides like the fight. It is important for the rest of us to not be drawn into that dichotomy.

That's the conclusion I came to last week. There's a dedicated faction on both sides that literally want to kill each other, and a bunch of people unsuspecting the true motives behind the propaganda who end up being caught up between the extremes...like the woman who was killed in the car massacre.

KBCraig

Both sides like the fight. It is important for the rest of us to not be drawn into that dichotomy.

In my previous life of keeping people in cages, we had a saying: if two assholes want to fight, don't get yourself hurt trying to stop them. After 30 seconds, they'll both be happy that the other one wants to quit.

Tom Sawyer

I've been "monitoring" the neo-fascists for a year or so. They got all excited when AntiFa rioted in Berkeley. So they went to have the Battle of Berkeley (sorry guys, that city was lost long ago). Have to admit it was kind of fun to see the black and red flag crowd get knocked down. But, again, my enemy's enemy ain't my friend.

The neo-fascists have been rebranding the klan and such to appeal to a new audience. I was concerned that Trump's rhetoric would give license to turn anti-immigrant sentiment into a bigger bigotry.

Both the hard left and hard right want a violent conflict. The trick is not to have the rest of the reasonable folks to be baited into that crap.

I was pleased to hear many of my friends on the left weren't drinking the koolaid and were tired of the agitators, and even thought Trump was getting a bad deal from the "media".

Russell Kanning

a funny podcast I listen to "No Agenda" figured him as an Agent Provtr.
I can't disagree. I think I was in the same room as him once at a Keenevention. I was taking Derrick J's side in the debate. :)

Jay

Quote from: Russell Kanning on August 24, 2017, 08:47 PM NHFT
I can't disagree. I think I was in the same room as him once at a Keenevention. I was taking Derrick J's side in the debate. :)

It seems unlikely they would have let a current asset get charged with 3 felonies, so I think it's safe to say if he was he's no longer being compelled to cooperate under the threat of charges hanging over his head for something.

Russell Kanning

OJ has been part of their system for years and fake goes to jail

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Jay on August 25, 2017, 11:10 AM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on August 24, 2017, 08:47 PM NHFT

It seems unlikely they would have let a current asset get charged with 3 felonies, so I think it's safe to say if he was he's no longer being compelled to cooperate under the threat of charges hanging over his head for something.

Yeah, he is a strange case. In the end his behavior has the same result as if he worked for the dark side. Of the interviews he gave I found it a weird mix of fairly defendable positions peppered with the violent rhetoric. He isn't a dummy, he must have known it was the inflammatory crap that would get quoted.

During the Vice documentary the goofy little smirk on his face as he showed off his weapons. I also wonder how a guy that seemed to live hand to mouth could afford all the guns he had. Because he owned more than those he showed.

Jay

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on August 26, 2017, 10:47 AM NHFT
I also wonder how a guy that seemed to live hand to mouth could afford all the guns he had. Because he owned more than those he showed.

I have wondered where he got his income from between when he closed his "IT business" in NY and moved permanently to Keene until about a year ago when he went full Molyneux and started catering to the alt-right for donations. Coincidentally, his popularity bloomed big time after the raid on the LRN studio. One could speculate that his services were no longer needed at that point, but that's kind of going off into the deep end.

Russell Kanning

blackie

I think Cantwell had most of his guns with him. He also has a .38 revolver and a Glock 17.

It's a little weird to bring so many guns, but it was to show them off. They met in a Walmart parking lot before the tiki torch rally. The police got called to a Walmart parking lot because people got freaked out by the gunshow in the parking lot.
http://www.nbc29.com/story/36116210/albemarle-county-police-respond-to-incident-at-walmart

If you set up cyber begging, the Feds can support you and you will never know it. Most people who cyber beg don't question the source of the donations.

K neth

The NH freedom folks have dealt admirably with the thorny Cantwell.  The combination of loving non-judgement and discerning awareness worked well.

Wisdom, that ^

But it's hard not to root more passionately against the commies, when I'm such a fan of the game, and all of my favorite players--be they statist center-left, statist center-right, or good ol' free individuals--are all being falsely maligned by these delusional ideologues, who seem hopelessly beyond any return to reason.

An ignorant bigot just has to spend some time with the right 'other' in order to wise up to #NOTALL, and besides, I can pass for white :O)

I've had a front row seat for the insanity since 1999 WTO Seatle: countless hours watching Tim Pool and hundreds of others streaming and messaging live to my living-room.  Things got more entertaining when they started dressing in crazy mad max costumes.  Then my buddy and I were sitting here, watching Faith Goldy via periscope doing a sardonic tolerance and diversity walk-by of some haters when WHAM! Seeing that live and unexpected was slightly traumatic, even here safe in my comfy desk chair.

But I'm still looking forward to Milo and Ann visiting Berkeley in a couple weeks.

Quote from: blackie on August 28, 2017, 09:54 PM NHFT
... before the tiki torch rally.

Does anyone know whose money purchased and who distributed all of those torches and oil cans?

blackie

Tiki torches are pretty cheap. You can get 12 for $30 delivered from amazon. $2.50 per tiki torch. I think it was mostly self funded. Bring your own, and bring some extras.