• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

A Militia Has Taken Over A Federal Building In Oregon

Started by Silent_Bob, January 03, 2016, 11:08 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Johnson

It was not any kind of moral or righteous victory. They were charged with conspiracy and interfering with employees of the Government.

Conspiracy is hard to prove and the facility that was occupied was closed.

.....and was pissed too, when they take someone back to jail for out processing..... as well as trying to create other charges to keep you.

Tom Sawyer

Yeah, it is screwed up that the players can use what power they have and slow roll the process etc.

But, compared to a guilty verdict... I see the people and their families are considering it a victory. I'm impressed that they didn't go for a plea and came out the other end of this. I was the pessimistic one about the likely outcome and didn't think that their approach was the path to take. I am happy for them.

They still have the Nevada crap hanging over their heads... how does that happen anyway, the speedy trail thing isn't happening, is it?

I see the need to point out when things go well, or better. If we only count the losses and the downside... well, we've defeated ourselves. Giving up is not an option. People have survived through much worse than what we are experiencing.

Free libertarian

I wonder if Lavoy Finnicum would have been amongst those acquitted ? 

KBCraig

Quote from: Free libertarian on October 29, 2016, 06:12 AM NHFT

Innocent until proven dead.

Meanwhile in NH news, Jerry Delemus has withdrawn his previous guilty plea and changed it to not guilty. Since he was still sitting in jail anyway, why not?

http://www.unionleader.com/DeLemus-to-withdraw-guilty-plea-after-associates-acquitted

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: KBCraig on October 30, 2016, 12:44 AM NHFT
Quote from: Free libertarian on October 29, 2016, 06:12 AM NHFT

Innocent until proven dead.

Meanwhile in NH news, Jerry Delemus has withdrawn his previous guilty plea and changed it to not guilty. Since he was still sitting in jail anyway, why not?

http://www.unionleader.com/DeLemus-to-withdraw-guilty-plea-after-associates-acquitted

Wow, is this a non-sequitor or what?
QuoteDeLemus and his wife were vocal supporters of Donald Trump's campaign prior to Trump winning the first-in-the-nation primary.

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on October 30, 2016, 01:23 AM NHFT

Wow, is this a non-sequitor or what?
QuoteDeLemus and his wife were vocal supporters of Donald Trump's campaign prior to Trump winning the first-in-the-nation primary.
Anything that lets the reader know how the person in the story relates to the reader.

....failed to mention if he was red-haired or left-handed.

Russell Kanning

I guess they filmed the show "Under the Dome" for 2 or 3 years, then made the patriot drama in Mesquite NV, then the holdout drama in Burns Oregon. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Under_the_Dome_(TV_series)

I believed the first one.
It is sad that some of this wasn't true.
This kind of drama is made for us conservative westerners.