• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Maybe the sky isn't falling

Started by Tom Sawyer, September 15, 2016, 10:38 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

we are spending the night in a sleepy little Amish town in NE Indiana. They said last weekend was their biggest for tourists. Now we can hear the clop clop clop of the tall sleek horses. :)
We pick up Dollar General fixtures in the morning.

Tom Sawyer

The Sky is Falling!
Chicken Little for President

A couple of minor points...

If Johnson/Weld are elected I probably will think of it as a victory and totally celebrate like it's 1999!
Of course that is slightly more likely to happen than Darryl walking down the street waving in his Inaugural Parade.

Jim Johnson

Tomorrow, I'm going to eat a Banana Split in Keene.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Jim Johnson on October 03, 2016, 07:32 PM NHFT

Jim is playing fiddle while Rome burns!

If you replace the fiddle with a banana split.. and the Roman Empire with the US Empire.

How can you do happy things like noshing on ice cream when there is so much to worry about?

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on October 03, 2016, 08:27 PM NHFT

If you replace the fiddle with a banana split.. and the Roman Empire with the US Empire.

How can you do happy things like noshing on ice cream when there is so much to worry about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeMFqkcPYcg

You'll find what you look for in life.

Russell Kanning

so true
if we get anyone but Hillary I am pleasantly surprised
if we get those 2 I would be happy and intrigued

these LP guys take themselves way to seriously .... leave that to those of us that tilt at windmills

oh btw I support Perry for President of New NH

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Jim Johnson on October 03, 2016, 08:55 PM NHFT

Everybody looking for something... indeed.

So Jimmy do you want to be abused by Annie Lennox? I would have probably gone along back in the day.  ;D

I got to video her at Williams College graduation. I'm sure she doesn't remember me.  ;D

Tom Sawyer

Reason writes...
Does the Road to the White House Run Through Gary Johnson's New Mexico?

QuoteThe idea of Johnson winning New Mexico and the two major-party candidates stalling out short of 270 is of course incredibly unlikely. But it is worth thinking about, especially for those of us who stubbornly refuse to buy into the false "binary choice" narrative being pushed by both Republicans and Democrats. Change needs to be seen as possible before it takes place, right? Sometimes change comes in big, revolutionary waves. Other times, it comes from a small but steady rivulet of water that hollows out seemingly impregnable structures. However awful the 21st century has been so far to many of us, it is far worse for established ideologies and political parties, who are really taking it on the chin. The question is, what's the smallest victory it will take to show just how weak and foundering our political duopoly really is?

Tom Sawyer

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on October 03, 2016, 09:57 PM NHFT
Quote from: Jim Johnson on October 03, 2016, 08:55 PM NHFT

Everybody looking for something... indeed.

So Jimmy do you want to be abused by Annie Lennox? I would have probably gone along back in the day.  ;D

I got to video her at Williams College graduation. I'm sure she doesn't remember me.  ;D

The cows make more sense now.

Free libertarian

I'm down to my last couple of votes...ever...honest.  I need a little help deciding though.

Vermin Supreme again or Darryl ? 

While  I sorta like Gary Johnson as being less evil and understand any attention he gets might ultimately help some people to become "real Libertarians" and an even smaller amount to become "real libertarians" I can't make myself vote for him. 
I even used my 2008 Ron Paul billboards to shore up my chicken coop, so maybe I'm like a reformed smoker who takes a drag off somebody else's cigarette from time to time. 

I think a banana split is a good idea too, so there's always that.

Free libertarian

But if you replace the fiddle with ice cream how will the sound come out ? 

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Free libertarian on October 04, 2016, 10:06 AM NHFT

Nom, nom, nom, nom...  of course.  ;D

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Free libertarian on October 04, 2016, 09:59 AM NHFT

I'm down to my last couple of votes...ever...honest.  I need a little help deciding though.

Vermin Supreme again or Darryl ? 

While  I sorta like Gary Johnson as being less evil and understand any attention he gets might ultimately help some people to become "real Libertarians" and an even smaller amount to become "real libertarians" I can't make myself vote for him. 
I even used my 2008 Ron Paul billboards to shore up my chicken coop, so maybe I'm like a reformed smoker who takes a drag off somebody else's cigarette from time to time. 

I think a banana split is a good idea too, so there's always that.

I've never voted in a political election... Well, if you don't count William's race for President of the New Hampshire Underground.

I have done work in support of campaigns I thought might bring more people on board.

And of course there is the whoring myself out in DC for lots of truly evil Ds and Rs. Just another day in the video brothel. I even told a few clients, "I'll fuck ya, but I won't kiss ya."
When I went from building electronic warfare widgets to video post production I thought I was going to a cleaner use of technology and my energies. Boy, I couldn't have been more wrong. Weapons fight the wars... the video work/propaganda was helping start the wars.

Still trying to cleanse my karma.  ;D

Free libertarian

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on October 04, 2016, 10:10 AM NHFT
Quote from: Free libertarian on October 04, 2016, 10:06 AM NHFT

Nom, nom, nom, nom...  of course.  ;D

I can see it now, Jim doing his best Charlie Daniels rendition of  "the Devil went down to Georgia"  until the sun melts his fiddle.