• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Real ID, HB 1582

Started by Dave Ridley, March 24, 2006, 03:05 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Quote from: d_goddard on May 03, 2006, 02:24 PM NHFT
Quote from: aries on May 03, 2006, 02:05 PM NHFT
Gatsas ... is a sellout, corrupt politician
I would not go to that extreme....
Maybe he is not a sellout ..... maybe he always liked a "papers please" government.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: intergraph19 on May 03, 2006, 04:05 PM NHFTI thought Kate was going to jump down out of the gallery and attack Gatsas for telling us it wasn't going to be until tomorrow.
Anyone have a sign that reads "Don't make me come down there"?

Russell Kanning

Quote from: aries on May 04, 2006, 05:35 AM NHFT
If several people can get into the gallery that are against RealID (maybe he'll look for those badges), he's going to be nervous about the vote.
It looked full of 1582 supporters yesterday.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: russellkanning on May 04, 2006, 06:03 AM NHFT
Quote from: aries on May 04, 2006, 05:35 AM NHFT
If several people can get into the gallery that are against RealID (maybe he'll look for those badges), he's going to be nervous about the vote.
It looked full of 1582 supporters yesterday.

Yeah... it was standing room only with folks spilling out into the hallways.

YeahItsMeJP

I'm on the way out the door now! But I wanted to mention that I was rather upset by the fact that the State Police said we couldn't protest at the state house property without a permit.

Dreepa

Ok I am just getting back.

I got the the State House at 7am.  Gatsas' car and the Senate Majority Leader's car were already there.
I saw two other Senators drive into the parking lot.  I waved and showed them my signs (Yes on HB1582, No on HB626).

One Senator was wallking up the street.  I told him that he needed to vote yes on HB1582.  He smiled.
I said I bet you have had lots of people from NH call and email you to vote for this bill but none that have called you to vote against.  He smiled.  I said please do what is right.

I talked to two more Senators on the way in.  ( I don't know their names.  I suppose I should car a photo list of them.)

Also is there a way we can get the car numbers for each Senator? 

I didn't see anyone else.  I left at 8am to go to work.

If anyone finds out please let us know how the vote went.

d_goddard

The Senate probably won't get to 1582 today.
When I left ~20 minutes ago, they were still finishing up Senate Celendar 16. Lots of "us" wearing "No Real-ID" tags are still in there, though, keeping an eye on things!

There's no way they're going to get through the 40 bills in line ahead of 1582.
This bill probably won't come up until next week.

More time to contact your Senator...

burnthebeautiful

40 bills, sheesh, nothing important I hope.

CNHT

Quote from: d_goddard on May 04, 2006, 11:11 AM NHFT
The Senate probably won't get to 1582 today.
When I left ~20 minutes ago, they were still finishing up Senate Celendar 16. Lots of "us" wearing "No Real-ID" tags are still in there, though, keeping an eye on things!

There's no way they're going to get through the 40 bills in line ahead of 1582.
This bill probably won't come up until next week.

More time to contact your Senator...

Anything with HB 626?

CNHT

Quote from: burnthebeautiful on May 04, 2006, 11:20 AM NHFT
40 bills, sheesh, nothing important I hope.

I am listening to the live audio/video right now from

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/live/senateliveaudio.asx

There was one bill that had to do with voter registration and some woman stood up and said there was no voter fraud in NH.

BWAHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

CNHT

Quote from: Dreepa on May 04, 2006, 07:40 AM NHFT
Ok I am just getting back.

I got the the State House at 7am.  Gatsas' car and the Senate Majority Leader's car were already there.
I saw two other Senators drive into the parking lot.  I waved and showed them my signs (Yes on HB1582, No on HB626).

One Senator was wallking up the street.  I told him that he needed to vote yes on HB1582.  He smiled.
I said I bet you have had lots of people from NH call and email you to vote for this bill but none that have called you to vote against.  He smiled.  I said please do what is right.

I talked to two more Senators on the way in.  ( I don't know their names.  I suppose I should car a photo list of them.)

Also is there a way we can get the car numbers for each Senator? 

I didn't see anyone else.  I left at 8am to go to work.

If anyone finds out please let us know how the vote went.

Chris, THANK YOU for including HB 626 in your signage. People do not understand just how important this bill is in needing to be killed.
It had OTP status of about 4-2 I think, so it's not set in stone if people would use the file I sent around to protest it.
If it does not come up today (anyone know if it was tabled?) we have more time to examine the bill with amendments and write or call the Senators.

CNHT

Quote from: John on April 26, 2006, 01:26 AM NHFT
When someone on the committee (at the public hearing) said he would be checking with our congressional delegation, it became clear to me that there would be some behind-the-scene manuvering . . . If we lose this vote, I'll asume the worst of any/all in our congressional delegation who has/have not taken a clear PUBLIC stance with us.

As a (small l) libertarian who has leaned very, very generously towards their party since my first vote in 1980, I am sickened by what is going on.

If they can not find their way to support us on this, then how can any of us ever trust/support those who would do this to us?  I, for one, am very tired of being played!

To paraphrase our president: If they are not with us on this one, they are against us.

You are so right John, and Gregg, Bradley and any Senator who does NOT vote for 1582 will be in serious jeopardy of being relected.
Senator Sununu however, is on board with us.

jgmaynard

I'm listening to the Senate audio now, and Gatsas is SO BAD!!!!!

The way he takes votes is like "All in favor say Aye" "Aye" "Alloppsedsaynomeasurepasses."

Ugh!!!! Can we give a SINGLE SECOND for no votes?!?!?!?!?!?

JM

CNHT

Quote from: TN-FSP on April 27, 2006, 12:46 PM NHFT
It worked great and there is nothing wrong with quicktime.  It is funny to watch older and smarter people have computer problems while I don't have any :)

I loved the video.  Really good to end with the state rep.  Also, posting all of the websites was cool.  It could have started with text on the screen that says the time date location and that 200 people were there, though.

Yeah QT plays full screen and you can set what files you want it to associate with. No problems here, and I'm an old geek. :-)

CNHT

Quote from: NC2NH on May 03, 2006, 06:09 PM NHFT
Quote from: aries on May 03, 2006, 05:40 PM NHFT
Got another "will do" reply :)
Thanks for braving the rain to take a stand today, Matt. Good job on the email to the senators.

How about a tally of senators who've stated, post-committee vote, that they'll vote yes in the full senate?

Andre Martel, Peter Burling...

Didn't Andre Martel later check in with them and register his YES vote? Thus now we have 6-0 OTP?