• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Any Homeschoolers Here?

Started by Rosie the Riveter, April 04, 2006, 11:56 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Crocuta on July 16, 2007, 12:37 AM NHFT
Any of you folks have good libertarian focused civics educational tools appropriate for 5th-6th grade?

are "libertarian" and "civics" mutually exclusive :)

Raineyrocks

Quote from: cathypeschke on March 13, 2007, 05:40 PM NHFT
"You said Oh Yeah, I almost forgot.  I am going to be going through some boxes we haven't unpacked yet and I have some younger age homeschool things, like vhs tapes about counting, letters, reading ect.  I think the material is for PreK to grade 1 or 2, if anyone needs anything like this let me know and I will try to get it together for you.  Smiley"

I would love these materials.  Please let me know if you still have them.  My daughter is two, she can already count, knows her alphabet, can read her letters and knows the phonetic sounds of the letters.  But anything above and beyond that would be great.

Cathy
863-7613
Croydon, NH

Hi Cathy,

I couldn't PM you but I have found the homeschool stuff now so we can set something up if you still want it.  I can't leave it in the middle of my floor for that long so I hope you read this soon. :)

Recumbent ReCycler

My wife and I are homeschooling our kids.  Our 4 year old daughter and 5 year old son are learning to read now.  My son seems to understand addition.  My wife does most of the teaching because she stays home with the kids while I work.  I usually have Mondays off, so I try to help out then.  Last week I taught them how to make spit balls and we practiced spitball marksmanship by shooting them at bugs.   ;D  We don't have a lot of materials, but we borrow books from the library and create some of the curriculum ourselves.  We also let the kids play educational games on their computer.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Defender of Liberty on October 24, 2007, 10:53 AM NHFT
My wife and I are homeschooling our kids.  Our 4 year old daughter and 5 year old son are learning to read now.  My son seems to understand addition.  My wife does most of the teaching because she stays home with the kids while I work.  I usually have Mondays off, so I try to help out then.  Last week I taught them how to make spit balls and we practiced spitball marksmanship by shooting them at bugs.   ;D  We don't have a lot of materials, but we borrow books from the library and create some of the curriculum ourselves.  We also let the kids play educational games on their computer.

I love the spit ball lesson, isn't it fun to be able to do goofy stuff with your kids?  When I was homeschooling all 4 kids we had a blast doing nutty stuff.
I have lots of double preschool up to 1st grade stuff if you want to have any I can PM you, let me know.  I'll have even more if Cathy doesn't want it anymore.  I took forever getting it out of the boxes in the cellar and getting back to her so I don't know.
Anyways just let me know! :)

Recumbent ReCycler

Quote from: raineyrocks on October 24, 2007, 05:40 PM NHFT

I love the spit ball lesson, isn't it fun to be able to do goofy stuff with your kids?  When I was homeschooling all 4 kids we had a blast doing nutty stuff.
I have lots of double preschool up to 1st grade stuff if you want to have any I can PM you, let me know.  I'll have even more if Cathy doesn't want it anymore.  I took forever getting it out of the boxes in the cellar and getting back to her so I don't know.
I would love to have those materials.  Thank you.  If you are coming to UNH to see Ron Paul tomorrow, I'll be there if you want to talk and/or give me some materials.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Defender of Liberty on November 08, 2007, 06:07 PM NHFT
Quote from: raineyrocks on October 24, 2007, 05:40 PM NHFT

I would love to have those materials.  Thank you.  If you are coming to UNH to see Ron Paul tomorrow, I'll be there if you want to talk and/or give me some materials.

I'd love to give them to you.  :)  I'm trying to plan a night for anybody that wants to, to get together and watch The End Game by Alex Jones but if you can't come to that just PM me your address and I will send them to you.  If a couple of pages are written on would you still want the workbooks?  Do you have a vcr for the vhs tapes I have about learning how to read?

Friday

I have a coupon for 10% off any purchase over $20 at the Book Cellar, a store in Amherst that is friendly to homeschoolers.  If anyone wants it, let me know and I'll forward the email to you. It expires 11/18/2007.

The Book Cellar
Westside Plaza
101A/Amherst St
Next to Marshalls
Across from Wendys
Nashua, NH 03063
(603) 881-5570