• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Kelo v. City of New London RALLY! February 20, 2005

Started by Russell Kanning, February 08, 2005, 11:53 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Here is the link to the Castle Coalition page:
Rally
Since we don't have these problems in NH, maybe we can let the people of CT know about it. :)

Kat Kanning

So here's what I was thinking on this...The FSP already did some shadow ads in the New London newspaper, and we got some nice press out of it.   We're looking for some eminent domain action...why not put these two together?  We get the satisfaction of helping the folks in New London, we get some press for the Free State Project, and we let Connecticut people know that this NEVER happens in New Hampshire, and maybe they'd consider moving up with the FSP.  Plus, Lloyd will get the satisfaction of us driving down to his territory  for once :)  So what do you think?  Candlelight vigil the night before the supreme court hearing, some signs, some FSP flyers talking about lack of eminent domain in NH.  What else?  Who would like to join me?

I'm jazzed about this one :)

Russell Kanning

They have a big New London, CT rally planned...I am calling for details. :)
Jason said that his CT porcupines could join us in the festivities. 8)
I can just see Lloyd's big van in the parking lot.

Kat Kanning

Kat Kanning

Kat Kanning

Here are two pre-made (by jmaynard) flyers for the event:

Kat Kanning

I posted the event on bureaucrash.  I was thinking this would make a good national press release.  It'd likely to get some national coverage since it's going before the supreme court.

Russell Kanning

Who is interested in doing the New London Rally with us?

The Castle Coalition will also help anyone that wants to have a local rally with signs and materials. There are 20 rallies currently planned across the US.

AlanM

I'd love to join in, but I have to work. Why can't we have some demonstrations on Week-ends? (I don't get holidays off)

Kat Kanning

We can.  The date for this one was set by another group.  If you want to hold one around here on Sunday or some such thing, that would be great too!  We could go to both of them :)

AlanM

If there are others who want to do a Sunday protest, I'm up for it.  :)

Russell Kanning

You can contact Christina at the Institute for Justice to get supplies. Just go to my original link. :)

Kat Kanning

any comments on this flyer?  I'm sure it could be worded better.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Russell Kanning

Latest news from the Institute for Justice:

QuoteSorry it took me a couple days to get back to you - we're still trying to hammer out the final details with all of our rally organizers. Below is the description of activities we've received thus far from the rally organizer, Fred Paxton (fspax@conncoll.edu). Please feel free to contact him with any questions.

1. Send-off rally for Fort Trumbull neighbors ("Ms. Susette Goes to Washington") on Sunday, February 20, at 3 pm at Union Square in New London, across from the train station
2. 8-9am on Thursday, the 17th in conjunction with the 5th Anniversary of the Thursday morning prayer walks through the neighborhood
3. on the 22nd in front of the old courthouse where the case began

How about we join them for the Sunday the 20th Send-off rally?  :D
They are supplying Fred with plenty of sign etc. so we just need to show up.

Russell Kanning

Latest from Fred:
QuoteIt's at the intersection of State St. and Bank St. in New London. The rally will last about an hour and a half at the most. It's a sendoff for the plaintiffs in the case, so we'll talk it up, have them speak if they wish, and generally make a public statement of suipport for them and opposition to the abuse of eminent domain and the wrongheadedness of development plans that demand it when it is not only unnecessary, but counterproductive. We're sending a press release out to print, radio and TV media outlets on Monday. After the rally any number of people will retire to one of the local restaurants or taverns. You'd be welcome to join us if you like. Fred
I am really looking forward to this. Kat has made a flyer and I will be looking for Lloyds van. :)