• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Live Free or Die Celebration August 26th 11am-4pm in Jaffrey

Started by Russell Kanning, July 21, 2006, 10:23 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

One of our advertisers is holding a March and Rally in downtown Jaffrey 8/26. The band will start playing around 11-11:30am. There will be speakers on some local issues, preserving the state motto, and no helmet rights for motorbike riders. We will be there taking pictures and such. Sometime there will be a parade and more music until 4pm. 8)

He is looking for a constitutional rights speaker and asked for my help. He can give the speaker 10 minutes.

I am sure we can find him a taker. :)

KBCraig

I saw that ad, but I also saw that it is advertised as a "drug and alcohol free event".

His event, his rules. But a "live free or die celebration" should embrace those who live free and flaunt the law.

Kevin

Tom Sawyer

Hey could we make some kind of float or visual to run in the parade...

Folks dressed in the "More Cowbell" way... ;D

Free State and Gadsden Flags...

Whatever we could think of.

Anybody inspired to help give the folks something fun to look at.

The "Strolling of the Heifers Parade" in Brattleboro draws people from far and wide to watch cows and fun stuff parade down the street. We could help spark enthusiasm for an annual event that would grow each year.
http://www.strollingoftheheifers.com/

Russell Kanning

I could definitely see the bibs and cowbell thing working. A sign or 2 .... couple of flags. :)

Tom Sawyer

I definitely need to to get some bib overalls... already got the pitchfork. Maybe I will mount a sign on the tines of the fork.

Can we get the organizer to chime in about the event.

Perhaps the bikers will be riding their bikes in the parade sans helmets.

Russell Kanning

Kat Kanning

The organizer can't even email us, so I think forums are out.

Tom Sawyer

Is it David?

Why is Russell speakin' funny. Daggone furiners gotta different word for everythang.

Kat Kanning

Tom Sawyer

Sounds like something from "The Day the Earth Stood Still". :)

Glad somebody had the idea. I'll have to give him a call if he's not online.

Tom Sawyer

Contact info from Keene Free Press ad.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Pat McCotter

Russell Kanning

Kat Kanning

He's got Senator Letourneau speaking at this thing now.  Yuck.

FTL_Ian