• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Lauren Canario arrested in New London

Started by Kat Kanning, September 22, 2006, 10:16 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

I assumed it had a return address since it came back to him.

error

Yes, it had a return address. How do you think it got back here?

Anyway, I noticed they seem to have stamped something on here and marked a box saying "CONTENTS NOT APPROVED". I wonder why the contents would not be approved if they didn't even open the envelope and read it!

These people are really pissing me off, again. >:(

Michael Fisher

Quote from: error on October 19, 2006, 11:16 PM NHFT

Anyway, I noticed they seem to have stamped something on here and marked a box saying "CONTENTS NOT APPROVED". I wonder why the contents would not be approved if they didn't even open the envelope and read it!

Did you write something weird on the envelope?  ???

KBCraig

Quote from: error on October 19, 2006, 11:16 PM NHFT

Was this a regular letter- or card-sized envelope? Standard first-class postage?

I ask, because if it was a thick, large, envelope, it might have reached their threshold for a "package", which might require pre-approval.

I'm not defending York CI, merely pointing out the various restrictions that are common.

Kevin

error

What else are you going to put 73 sheets of paper in? :)

Dave Ridley

so far i've sent her maybe 5 letters and it looks like none have come back.   i always use a standard envelope and send about 2 pages.  I send copies of things i've written on the forum basically, always printed out never handwritten, but always my stuff rather than a copy of someone else's stuff...i think they want it to be some thing the sender wrote.

also called the NLDC folks again and left messages on all their voice mail extensions saying

your prisoner of conscience, lauren canario, is not forgotten.

Revmar

I've sent three letters, and none have come back.  I have been sending things that other wrote, off a web site dedicated to the virtues of silence.  The last one I sent even had several small copies of "the worlds smallest political quiz" for Lauren to share with her captors.  I kind of expected that one to be returned, but it has not.

Dan

Where is LAuren now, and what is the proper way to address her for mailings.
I found it difficult to find this information here.... is she back at the mental hospital after her latest court hearing?

Beth and I plan to try sending flowers with a message to the jailors.

Dreepa

Quote from: Revmar on October 22, 2006, 09:32 AM NHFT
I've sent three letters, and none have come back. 

I had one come back.  'incomplete address'  Well then how did the PO figure out the address to send it back to me?
Damn!
The 2nd one has not come back (as of yet).

John

Quote from: Dan on November 02, 2006, 06:11 PM NHFTBeth and I plan to try sending flowers with a message to the jailors.

:-*
I think you'll find The address on the home page.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Dan on November 02, 2006, 06:11 PM NHFT
Where is LAuren now, and what is the proper way to address her for mailings.
I found it difficult to find this information here.... is she back at the mental hospital after her latest court hearing?

Beth and I plan to try sending flowers with a message to the jailors.

The wiki page with info
http://tinyurl.com/zqd9l

Her address
Lauren Canario #334457
c/o York Correctional Institution
201 West Main Street
Niantic, CT 06357

John

Oh here it is:
Lauren Canario #334457
c/o York Correctional Institution
201 West Main Street
Niantic, CT 06357

Be sure to include your return address or it will not make it to Lauren!  

John

I also recomend sending your note on a nice post card (be sure to include your return address.)

Lauren gets a nice note.
The gaurds (and others) get to read about how much we care.
And, Lauren gets a nice picture (probably not much to look at inside.)

Methinks seasonal pictures of NH are nice.

Quantrill

Why must there be a return address?  They must be looking for more people to arrest and hold without trial?   :icon_pirat:

John

They require it: If you want what you send to actualy get to Lauren, include it.

Lauren is brave enough to withstand this brutality: surely we MUST NOT be afraid to say it is "I" who corresponds her.