• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

It's SNOWING!!!!!!!!

Started by Kat Kanning, November 02, 2006, 06:18 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Free libertarian

Quote from: Kevin Dean on December 06, 2009, 08:08 AM NHFT
There's snow, there's snow, there's snow, there's snow!

I havent' seen this stuff in any decent quantity in nearly 5 years. YAY! And this is just the beginning!

Easy there

Russell Kanning

Kat Kanning

Friday

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Sam A. Robrin on December 06, 2009, 12:44 PM NHFT
Quote from: Friday on December 06, 2009, 08:15 AM NHFT
The view from my bedroom window is soooooo beautiful, I couldn't stop saying "Oh my God".

My reaction this morning was along the lines of:
Very pretty.
Okay, now that I've seen it, you can melt.
Be quick about it.

Yup, my reaction was pretty much about the same as yours.   I'm sick of snow and ice!   We went to the parade in Plymouth and it was really coming down, it was pretty but a 1/2  hour of it would've been plenty for me.  :P

Tom Sawyer

Pat K

I worked a double, so at 4 am this morning I
look out side and it is snowing hard, like some one
is out to punish me . But then thank Shiva
it turns to all rain. A deluge of rain but rain.

And what do we know about rain class?
That's right rain don't stick to the blade of your snow shovel. ;D

John

Russell Kanning

blizzard
i think there is like 6 inches out there, but it is on the move

Tom Sawyer

We have close to a foot on the ground...
It was really nice this morning, cold enough to be fluffy and still get traction.

Now it is warmer and starting to turn to rain... I hate wet snow... I wish that southern warmth would stop at Pat's house.  ;D

K. Darien Freeheart

My car is buried up to the driver's side window, thanks to way the snow drifts around my motorhome. Lesson learned.

Jim Johnson

The snow was wet and about 6 inches in Winchester... snow blower had a hard time moving it all.  :)

We didn't get much wind here either.

Mike Barskey

It looks to be about 8 inches in Grafton, and the snowblower was resting warmly in the basement, apparently on strike, as we tried to shovel enough snow out of the long driveway for Kat to be able to return from work.

Friday

I got about 9 inches of powder at the Freehold, and assume the snow plows have walled me in at the end of the driveway; I got too tired walking there to actually look.   :P  Now the snow is coated with a layer of ice.  I already told my boss I won't make it in to work tomorrow, since the only way I can clear the driveway is to spend some time not WORKING during daylight hours.  :homework:

We'll see how much of what the nice man at Lowe's told me about "augurs" and "priming" and "checking the oil" and "don't stick your fingers in there" I retained.  Will there be blood on the snow?  Will I ever be seen again?!  Will my emaciated, fingerless corpse be found in a snowdrift next spring?  Stay tuned for the next exciting episode of California Grrl in the Woods of New Hampshire!   :happy1:

Tom Sawyer

It's exciting (dangerous to the machine and people) when the snowblower shoots out rocks. Be careful where you point the discharge chute.

Your story would make a great screenplay.  ;D 8)