• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

It's SNOWING!!!!!!!!

Started by Kat Kanning, November 02, 2006, 06:18 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Our truck got filthy from all the snow melting junk on i-80 in Ohio and PA. Now we are freezing in the wind on the jersey turnpike

jerry

Pssst!  Don't tell PatK, but it's snowing in Grafton.
I think summer is almost over.

Pat K

Quote from: jerry on November 10, 2013, 12:56 PM NHFT
Pssst!  Don't tell PatK, but it's snowing in Grafton.
I think summer is almost over.

Psst Pat knows and is not happy.

Tom Sawyer

Heck it'll be in the mid 50's next weekend...

Back and forth between the northern air and the southern air. I actually prefer the northern air because it means clearer and drier conditions. It's when we get stuck with the front over us that the wind and precip. happens.

Alex Libman

It was starting to get a little cold living in a tent in New Jersey.  So I started drinking again.  North Greenland, here I come!   >:D

KBCraig

Quote from: Alex Libman on November 13, 2013, 07:45 PM NHFT
It was starting to get a little cold living in a tent in New Jersey.  So I started drinking again.  North Greenland, here I come!   >:D

Bad combination.

Alcohol makes you feel warmer, but it's a vasoconstrictor, meaning it shuts down limb-saving blood flow to the extremities.

It's a good trade-off if you don't mind trading all your digits for that warm central glowing feeling.

blackie

I bought a trap house about a year ago, and it has been sitting empty since then. The copper pipes were stolen, but I had them replaced with PEX last week. I haven't hooked up to town water yet, because I didn't plan to heat the house this winter. It should only take a day to get water turned on if needed. It is in a no zoning town, so no certificate of occupancy is needed. Anyways, if you decide you don't want to live on public land in a tent, I have a house that is sitting empty. It's full of lead paint and asbestos...but it's not a tent.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: blackie on November 14, 2013, 09:35 AM NHFT
I bought a trap house about a year ago, and it has been sitting empty since then. The copper pipes were stolen, but I had them replaced with PEX last week. I haven't hooked up to town water yet, because I didn't plan to heat the house this winter. It should only take a day to get water turned on if needed. It is in a no zoning town, so no certificate of occupancy is needed. Anyways, if you decide you don't want to live on public land in a tent, I have a house that is sitting empty. It's full of lead paint and asbestos...but it's not a tent.

Damn generous offer.

Russell Kanning

Tom Sawyer

Going out to plow again... Super plow improvements by Johnson and William are holding up to the task.  8)

Russell Kanning

uh oh Tom is in the dark purple again

KBCraig

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on January 02, 2014, 03:41 PM NHFT
Going out to plow again... Super plow improvements by Johnson and William are holding up to the task.  8)

Do you plow with the 4-wheeler?

Russell Kanning

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: KBCraig on January 04, 2014, 11:08 AM NHFT
Quote from: Tom Sawyer on January 02, 2014, 03:41 PM NHFT

Do you plow with the 4-wheeler?

Yeah the little 600 pound machine. Have to do it multiple times to stay ahead of too much snow. Kind of fun, well except for the icicles in my beard and mustache.  ;D

Bet it got cold up your way last night.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Russell Kanning on January 04, 2014, 09:49 AM NHFT
uh oh Tom is in the dark purple again

I prefer to think of it as Deep Purple...

Everyone sing
"Snow on the Driveway" The mountain version of "Smoke on the Water"  ;D