• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Iran: the Most Dangerous Nation, by TED KOPPEL

Started by Objectivist, November 16, 2006, 01:54 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Objectivist

Anyone who doesn't believe that Iran (IraNNNNNNN not Iraqqqq) is the center of world terrorism and America's #1 enemy, please tune in...

Sunday evening 9 pm Eastern Time, Discovery Channel

Ted Koppel's one hour special

IRAN: THE MOST DANGEROUS NATION

And hear also his interview with NPR:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=6493938

Here is the Discovery Channel site:

http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence/koppel/koppel.html?clik=netmain_feat1

And a nice little ditty about who we should bomb next:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHc670Fs0sc

-Objectivist

Braddogg

Objectivist

Quote from: Braddogg on November 16, 2006, 11:09 PM NHFT
I hope you're getting paid.   ::)

nope, just fighting for freedom is payment enough, brother.

anthonybpugh

so what?  We have a lot of enemies throughout the world.  What does that matter?  Is it me or does objectivism bread paranoia in some?  It is all about my enemy.  enemy of reason.  enemy of thought.  enemy of the US.  like it matters.  If we leave them alone, they will leave us alone so why make a big deal out of it. 

And it also as if the US didn't cause a lot of the problems we currently have with Iran.  It is like throwing rocks at a hornets nest then crying when we get stung. 

Rocketman

Quote from: anthonybpugh on November 17, 2006, 02:49 PM NHFT
And it also as if the US didn't cause a lot of the problems we currently have with Iran.  It is like throwing rocks at a hornets nest then crying when we get stung. 

We should obviously be throwing bigger rocks, and more of them -- they wish they had rocks to throw at us, so it's self-defense, perfectly moral and justified.   ::)  ::)  ::)

mvpel

Quote from: anthonybpugh on November 17, 2006, 02:49 PM NHFTIf we leave them alone, they will leave us alone so why make a big deal out of it.

What makes you think they'll just leave us alone?

Koran Surah 9:5 - ?Fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, harass them, lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war.?

Koran Surah 8:39 - ?Fight them until all opposition ends and all submit to Allah.?

Ishaq 324 - ?He said, ?Fight them so that there is no more rebellion, and religion, all of it, is for Allah only. Allah must have no rivals.??

Koran Surah 9:123 - ?Fight the unbelievers around you, and let them find harshness in you.?

?I have been commanded to fight against people till they testify to the fact that there is no god but Allah, and believe in me (that) I am the Messenger and in all that I have brought.?

etc, etc, etc.

You're rather naive to think that people who hew to this creed merely want uranium for electricity.

Rocketman

Quote from: mvpel on November 17, 2006, 03:36 PM NHFT
You're rather naive to think that people who hew to this creed merely want uranium for electricity.

Did he say he believed they only want uranium for electricity?  Hell, I assume every government wants to achieve maximum firepower -- of course Iran would like to have nukes... like Israel's, for example.

I'm notorious for being a pacifist, but if I was leader of a country, and another country had nuclear missiles pointed at my country, I'd probably like a few to point back.

If Iran develops nukes, the likely result is a Cold War situation between Iran and Israel.  That doesn't exactly give me the warm fuzzies, but the Cold War between the U.S. and U.S.S.R. was a relatively peaceful stretch of history (unless you happened to live in a country like Vietnam or Afghanistan).  The region might be even more stable than it is now, especially if the U.S. would kindly butt the hell out.

And as for the Muslim Bible quotes, I've read chunks of the Q'uran, and the entire Xtian Bible -- my humble view (no offense intended to any of you zealots out there) is that anybody who believes revelation comes from god to man through a book has at least one screw loose, if not a few...

eques

I think that it's worth noting that going into these fairly religious countries in order to kill people and break things does much more to confirm that the United States government is the Great Satan than if the US government were to back off, withdraw its tendrils, and allow the region to proceed.

That doesn't mean that we'll be safe.  However, if all you're concerned about is safety, then by all means, go ahead and fit yourself into this straitjacket... you'll be safe and sound in your brand new padded cell...

Rocketman

Quote from: eques on November 17, 2006, 04:18 PM NHFT
I think that it's worth noting that going into these fairly religious countries in order to kill people and break things does much more to confirm that the United States government is the Great Satan than if the US government were to back off, withdraw its tendrils, and allow the region to proceed.

That doesn't mean that we'll be safe.  However, if all you're concerned about is safety, then by all means, go ahead and fit yourself into this straitjacket... you'll be safe and sound in your brand new padded cell...

Ah, well said.

Objectivist

Quote from: mvpel on November 17, 2006, 03:36 PM NHFT
Quote from: anthonybpugh on November 17, 2006, 02:49 PM NHFTIf we leave them alone, they will leave us alone so why make a big deal out of it.

What makes you think they'll just leave us alone?

Koran Surah 9:5 - ?Fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, harass them, lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war.?

Koran Surah 8:39 - ?Fight them until all opposition ends and all submit to Allah.?

Ishaq 324 - ?He said, ?Fight them so that there is no more rebellion, and religion, all of it, is for Allah only. Allah must have no rivals.??

Koran Surah 9:123 - ?Fight the unbelievers around you, and let them find harshness in you.?

?I have been commanded to fight against people till they testify to the fact that there is no god but Allah, and believe in me (that) I am the Messenger and in all that I have brought.?

etc, etc, etc.

:clapping:

Karma for mvpel.

mvpel, I can tell you are fairly rational because your Karma count is so low. May I invite you to a more rational forum:

http://www.capitalismforum.com/

and more specifcly, a thread on topic:

http://www.capitalismforum.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=38

Objectivst

Rocketman

Geez mvpel, I wonder if you can possibly enjoy being complimented by this guy...

Dreepa

After Iran builds one for power... I am sure that they will build some nuke weapons.

1.  We have them why can't they?
2.  They know that they might have something to stop us from attacking them.
3.  Russians have had them for years and haven't used them and they were our 'enemy'.

Would we have attacked Iraq if they had a nuke?

Objectivist

From a 1997 article about why we should have attacked IRANNNNNNNNN. This is old news. Why doesn't anyone realize the threat?!?

Iran hates us and wants us all to die. They are disgusting, primitive religious zeolots who have declared holy war on us.

Iraq: The Wrong War
by Leonard Peikoff  (January 28, 1997)
President Clinton's air strike against Iraq is more than geographically misguided. Clinton is fighting the wrong country for the wrong reasons.

Because he "doesn't want to take sides," Clinton has launched missiles and flown patrols well away from the battle area, risking valuable American lives in a backwater, so he can avoid giving indirect support to the Iranian-backed Kurds. But this is not the worst of it.

The civil war in Kurdistan is none of our business. No legitimate American interest is served by separating these warring tribal factions. As in the Balkans, there is no chance of achieving any peace among religious fanatics who have been at war for centuries.

continued: http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?id=51

Objectivist

Quote from: Dreepa on November 17, 2006, 05:51 PM NHFT
After Iran builds one for power... I am sure that they will build some nuke weapons.

1.  We have them why can't they?
Because we don't want to die.
2.  They know that they might have something to stop us from attacking them.
Their aim is to spread Islam to the four corners of the map (Islam believes the world is flat, right?). There aim is NOT to prevent US attack - it is to spread the realm of Islamic law.
3.  Russians have had them for years and haven't used them and they were our 'enemy'.
Does that mean Iran won't? Russia never produced hordes of suicide bombers or terrorists willing to give their life for communism. What Russia produced was hordes of defectors. Make no mistake, we are not fighting the Kremlin, we are now fighting the man-on-the-street in Iran, the religious believer who supports his government's zeal for spreading Islam.
Would we have attacked Iraq if they had a nuke?
Hell, we attacked them just because we suspected it. Good thing, too, because if they had it, they may have sent it to us.

Unfortunatley, N. Korea now has them, and I don't think we have the balls to attack them. Maybe when they vaporize 5 millions Californians we'll act.

God help us (I'm an atheist).

Objectivist