• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Dartmouth Area Monthly Porcupine Meeting

Started by Caleb, December 31, 2006, 11:12 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Vote Tyler Stearns

CNHT

Quote from: malevil on January 03, 2007, 04:43 PM NHFT
Does the Plymouth Liberty Network count?

YES! That is who I was thinking of but could not recall the name...
I've been 'under the influence' so forgive me, when are your meetings and I'll add them to the Liberty Calendar.

Vote Tyler Stearns

Our meetings aren't on a regular schedule...yet!  Next meeting will be at my house, but I need to sit down with my son and our calendar and figure out when we're going to be home at the same time and schedule it. 

I think we need to establish a consistent day/time/location. 
Question about location...the last meeting was at Rainey's house.  Next meeting will be at my/Tyler's house.  I think it's more comfortable & cheaper to meet at someone's home, but seems like it might be less intimidating to newcomers to meet at a more public place.  And, if we're going to publicize these meetings in hopes of getting more people to attend, then is it more appropriate to meet in a public place?

What do you think?

Lex

Quote from: malevil on January 04, 2007, 08:36 AM NHFT
Question about location...the last meeting was at Rainey's house.  Next meeting will be at my/Tyler's house.  I think it's more comfortable & cheaper to meet at someone's home, but seems like it might be less intimidating to newcomers to meet at a more public place.  And, if we're going to publicize these meetings in hopes of getting more people to attend, then is it more appropriate to meet in a public place?

Doesn't really matter to us.

CNHT

Quote from: malevil on January 04, 2007, 08:36 AM NHFT
Our meetings aren't on a regular schedule...yet!  Next meeting will be at my house, but I need to sit down with my son and our calendar and figure out when we're going to be home at the same time and schedule it. 

I think we need to establish a consistent day/time/location. 

What do you think?

Well the other Porcs meet in pizza parlors or restaurants that have a lot of space...If there are not many of you, this would be a good idea. Then you don't have to worry about new people coming to your house that you don't quite know yet...

Russell Kanning

One consideration is that if you open up the meeting to any porcupines or anyone interested in the FSP, then you never know who will show up .... and if you want them in your living room.
It would be great if you set up a meeting once a month in Plymouth or wherever ... so we could promote it to outsiders and put it on calendars .... also keep talking it up in your regional forum here. :)

I am excited the Dartmouth crowd is getting regular meetings going. It will help visitors and movers.

the_liberty_belle

I didn't know anyone was already meeting on a monthly basis before I suggested the meetup at Yama.  Maybe I just wasn't tuned in to it but I hadn't heard or seen it publicized.

I think it's a good idea to have the meeting at a public place so anyone can join, and you're right - Yama is a pretty small restaurant.  I just picked it because I thought not too many people would show up and they have superior sushi. :D

money dollars

I think the Dartmouth area meeting should be held at:

Country Life Keene
15 Roxbury St
Keene, NH 03431

Vote Tyler Stearns

Quote from: the_liberty_belle on January 04, 2007, 11:21 AM NHFT
I didn't know anyone was already meeting on a monthly basis before I suggested the meetup at Yama.  Maybe I just wasn't tuned in to it but I hadn't heard or seen it publicized.

I think it's a good idea to have the meeting at a public place so anyone can join, and you're right - Yama is a pretty small restaurant.  I just picked it because I thought not too many people would show up and they have superior sushi. :D

Hey Liberty Belle:
I hope you're not confused (or maybe I am)...the meetings I'm referring to are in the Plymouth region...

Russell Kanning

yea .... liberty bell, Caleb and the gang are just starting up the Dartmouth group. Happy Happy :)

the_liberty_belle

CNHT

Well whenever you guys decide to hold regular Dartmouth and Plymouth meetings let me know so I can post a recurring event on the NH Liberty Calendar.

the_liberty_belle

Vote Tyler Stearns

CNHT

There are two listings on THIS Calendar for Dartmouth --- one is for the 21st..

Is this correct? (I had to fix it because it said 2006 not 2007)

Saturday, January 20, 2007
Noon
Yama Restaurant
96 Main St
West Lebanon, NH 03784