• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Separation of School and Satan... I mean State

Started by YeahItsMeJP, March 29, 2005, 10:36 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

I think you're mentally lacking that slave gene.  Tsk tsk.

AlanM

Kat Kanning

Russell is suggesting that we meet weekly to talk about sep school state.  Is there a time/day that works best for people?

tracysaboe

Is somebody going to take minutes and post them here? or in the yahoo-group?

Tracy

mvpel

I'm having fun in a discussion on the Merrimack board on this topic, as it relates to building moratoriums:  http://www.merrimackforum.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2006

Kat Kanning

Quote from: Jim C. Perry on March 29, 2005, 10:36 PM NHFT
"I proclaim publicly that I favor ending government involvement in education."

Click here: https://honestedu.org/page1.php to add your name to the above proclamation!

NH is #3 in # of signatures/million.  Maybe we can make it #1 in 2006 :)

Kat Kanning

With just 100 more signatures, New Hampshire can be the top ranked state in terms of #of signers/million for the Separation of School and State Proclamation.  If you haven't signed, please do!  If you signed in another state, you can update your information with your new state.  The proclamation states simply, "I proclaim publicly that I favor ending government involvement in education."

https://honestedu.org/page1.php

CNHT

Quote from: katdillon on January 12, 2006, 10:46 AM NHFT
With just 100 more signatures, New Hampshire can be the top ranked state in terms of #of signers/million for the Separation of School and State Proclamation.? If you haven't signed, please do!? If you signed in another state, you can update your information with your new state.? The proclamation states simply, "I proclaim publicly that I favor ending government involvement in education."

https://honestedu.org/page1.php

Well hit me one for Karma because I signed up long ago!   ;D

Lloyd Danforth

I went to sign up.  The site looked familiar, like I might have signed up before.  I filled out the form and it did not admonish me for any previous signups, if I did.

Russell Kanning

That # would be fun to throw around at school board meetings ....... did you know that 10,000 in NH want to separate school from state? :)

AlanM

The way I look at it, any parent that loves their child should sign it.

CNHT

Quote from: russellkanning on January 12, 2006, 03:05 PM NHFT
That # would be fun to throw around at school board meetings ....... did you know that 10,000 in NH want to separate school from state? :)

What's REALLY fun is telling people this is my stand on things about education especially after spending 35 years in the public school system, as a TEACHER!   :o

president

Quote from: CNHT on January 12, 2006, 11:12 PM NHFT
Quote from: russellkanning on January 12, 2006, 03:05 PM NHFT

What's REALLY fun is telling people this is my stand on things about education especially after spending 35 years in the public school system, as a TEACHER!   :o
So you made your living for 35 years by stealing tax money and making kids stupid?

president

Quote from: AlanM on January 12, 2006, 09:53 PM NHFT
The way I look at it, any parent that loves their child should sign it.
The way I look at it....I don't want to be associated with the other people who have already signed it....so I will just homeschool my kids.
I bet there are assholes who sign it and send there kids to public school.

CNHT

Quote from: dead president on January 13, 2006, 09:08 AM NHFT
So you made your living for 35 years by stealing tax money and making kids stupid?
When you are putting in long hours, such as working from 7 AM to 7 PM most days, that is not stealing. It was very hard to function under the UN-directed schools but I think I made a difference in that I was always looking out for the parents' rights. Teachers had no say in anything they did, so I had to undertake my own agenda of educating the kids the way I knew it should be done meanwhile getting a lot of flack for it to the point of a breakdown. It's not an easy job to cater to 25 children at once, not a very practical system in the first place.
And judging from how the parents and students liked me, I don't think as a well-rounded person (musician, artist, and person who scored 100% on the writing proficiency test) I was in any way 'making them stupid'. That is the mistake you lefties make when you blame the individuals as a whole, who are working in the system because those poor people have no say in what they are told to do.
There is a campaign underfoot to get the older teachers out because they are less easily brainwashed and the younger ones don't know anything about how to teach. They can become the political pawns of the system as well. I refused to do that and was severely punished for it.
The way I look at it....I don't want to be associated with the other people who have already signed it....so I will just homeschool my kids.
I bet there are assholes who sign it and send there kids to public school.

I have never sent any children to public schools and I did teach my students the proper use of the words 'their' and 'there'....? ?::)
In fact, I don't know if I want to be associated with people who don't know the difference.