• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Ouchie on gas prices lately

Started by Kat Kanning, April 01, 2005, 04:23 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Danforth

There is a company, just, below you guys in Greenfield, Mass. Greasecar, that make a kit and will install it, or, just sell it to you. That NH surcharge on diesels has me a little shook up. Whats that about?
www.greasecar.com

Dreepa

It might be a good idea if we could find a qualified mechanic to join the FSP and start a business converting diesels.
There are enough people there to support him already.

Lloyd Danforth

We need to get rid of the diesel surcharge first.

Russell Kanning

I was just wondering how he got Mike's brother did his....I already know about greasecar. 8)

If MA residents can come to NH to buy sales tax free and get their cigs cheaper...I can register my car in MT for a more reasonable price and no inspections or diesel punishments. :D

Lloyd Danforth

I thought you were wondering how you could do it, Russell.

Pat K

Went past the gas station this morning on the way to get my taxes done ( I know, Yes I pay ,Yes I am gonna keep paying,) 2.39 a Gallon.

Kat Kanning

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Pat K on April 09, 2005, 10:37 AM NHFT
Went past the gas station this morning on the way to get my taxes done ( I know, Yes I pay ,Yes I am gonna keep paying,) 2.39 a Gallon.
sucker :P

Russell Kanning

How could we protest paying for all the regulation and taxes on gas.....the problems are so distant from us....and the taxes and regulations are not actually paid directly of filled out by consumers. >:(

Dreepa

I wonder if you could find a friendly gas station owner.
He could put up a sign with two prices... before and after taxes showing people the full amount of taxes per gallon..not those tiny stickers on the pumps that no one reads.

mvpel

Russ,

He did his own conversion, with a combination of GreaseCar and Greasel components.

I suggested and he concocted an epoxy/copper-tube heated thread-on filter, rather than the Racor, and bought the Greasel 3B coaxial coolant/grease tubing.  His fuel solenoid switch was from an auto-parts store, and he used a tank from GreaseCar.  I helped him run the tube from the grease tank - I would have helped him finish it off but we were leaving for New Hampshire the next week.  He later switched it around so the grease and the heating elements would be in the main tank and the dinosaur-diesel would be in the smaller, secondary tank.

He's since sold the Gold 300D to a loving home, and then used what he learned to do a cleaner conversion on a 240D, and got a nice cherry-red 300D as well.  Photos are in http://www.aidoann.com/ash/images/photos/vehicles/ - e-mail him at driad_98@yahoo.com if you have any questions for him, tell him I sent ya.

Friday

Quote from: Pat K on April 09, 2005, 10:37 AM NHFT

Bah... I paid $2.799 today for the lowest grade, self-service.? It cost $40 to fill my tank.? :'(

Pat K

AlanM

LiveFreeOrDie

$2.04 in Manchester. Tuesdays are .05 off.  That's the "Go Go Gas" on S. Willow in front of the new Shaw's.  I never see that station listed on www.newhampshiregasprices.com or www.gaspricewatch.com, and it's often amongst the lowest prices even without the Tuesday special.  Same for the new Stop & Shop in Bedford- they're .05 off every day (low prices to begin with) with your S&S customer card.