• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Fresh roasted coffee for sale

Started by coffeeseven, March 07, 2007, 09:18 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

error

He's saying that because Americans participate in this great thing called the free market, where they pay others for products and services they want, rather than attempting to produce them themselves, (for which they might not even be qualified!) they get lower prices and better products.

Braddogg

Quote from: error on March 09, 2007, 05:48 PM NHFT
He's saying that because Americans participate in this great thing called the free market, where they pay others for products and services they want, rather than attempting to produce them themselves, (for which they might not even be qualified!) they get lower prices and better products.

I'm still having trouble understanding what he's trying to respond to.

error

Russell Kanning

What I am interested in is .... I wonder how the coffee tastes.

Insurgent

I am anxious, too! Since it's in the mail today I should have a report by early next week. I don't drink a lot of coffee, but I know what's good, and am happy to support an insurgent sympathizer!

coffeeseven

Quote from: Insurgent on March 09, 2007, 06:37 PM NHFT
I am anxious, too! Since it's in the mail today I should have a report by early next week. I don't drink a lot of coffee, but I know what's good, and am happy to support an insurgent sympathizer!

Sorry about the screw up whole bean vs. ground. I put in the mail this morning but your e-mail came in this afternoon.

Insurgent

Sa'll right--whole bean will be fresher :coffee:, and I should buy a grinder anyways

eques

Is there a non-Fair Trade Robusta bean?  :)

Braddogg

Quote from: James A. Pyrich on March 09, 2007, 08:00 PM NHFT

Yeah!  Get a non-Fair Trade coffee in there, and I'll buy a pound.

coffeeseven

Quote from: Braddogg on March 09, 2007, 08:08 PM NHFT

Next time I'll steal it from the farmer just for you.

Braddogg

Quote from: coffeeseven on March 09, 2007, 08:10 PM NHFT
Quote from: Braddogg on March 09, 2007, 08:08 PM NHFT

Next time I'll steal it from the farmer just for you.

. . . . What?

eques

Well, what I was getting at is that he may or may not be able to find that Robusta bean anywhere except via Fair Trade.  Then again, there are so many bean growers out there, it's hard to imagine not being able to find a suitable replacement.

But it is up to coffeeseven, of course, to sell what he wants to sell, just as it is up to others to decide whether they wish to buy it.

That said, coffeeseven might get some more buyers around here if he is able to swing a non-Fair Trade bean offering.  :)

Braddogg

Quote from: James A. Pyrich on March 09, 2007, 09:00 PM NHFT
Well, what I was getting at is that he may or may not be able to find that Robusta bean anywhere except via Fair Trade.  Then again, there are so many bean growers out there, it's hard to imagine not being able to find a suitable replacement.

Nearly all coffee grown in Vietnam is of the Robusta variety, one of the two principal species of coffee grown in the world, accounting for just under 1/4 of all coffee grown.  (this according to ineedcoffee.com).  It's doubtful that he couldn't find a free market replacement.

Though, "fair trade" is certainly not antithetical to "free market."  The additional price for the "fair trade" variety is payment for a service, similar to what happens in the free market -- except the service here is to alleviate (undue) guilt about the plight of third-world countries.  I'm willing to alleviate your guilt for free.  Here's my plan: 1) Become an anarchist (government interference, not lack of charity, is the cause of the plight).  2) Learn economics.   ;D

PowerPenguin

Cool, I may buy some from you. Questions though:

1. Do you take eLDs? If so, at what e-mail address?
2. Will you have supply in two months? A good friend of mine is very into coffee and her b-day is at the end of April.

Thanks,
Andrew

PS- Have you considered selling your product on liberty-auctions.com, perhaps as a "Buy now only" item?

Kat Kanning

NH Underground....where even "fresh roasted coffee for sale" can turn into a debate  ::)