• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Announce your move to the Keene area

Started by David, June 02, 2007, 02:35 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

I've always thought this campground looked nice, but haven't stayed there:

Biggest Oak Campground
(603) 357-5542 
152 Pine St
Swanzey, NH Map

If you're still going to be in Keene on Sunday, there's a picnic in Ashuelot park at noon and then Social Sundays at 4:00 at Vendetta bar.  If not, I bet we can arrange a get-together on Saturday.

maulotaur

Hey - I am planning to come up next week as well!  I hope to check out all of the places that were recommended and explore the area a bit.  Anyone know of any places with cheap weekly rates (non-camp ground)?  If I do go ahead with a move sooner than later, will need a place for the short term - presumably a few weeks - until I can find a more permanent arrangement.

-Paul in VA

William

How long will it take to get to porcfest from there and when will you guys be leaving? Is there a caravan or procession or is everyone going it alone? We're heading due east through NY on the 90 right now!

Kat Kanning

About 2 hours.  Don't know about any caravan, though.

Paul:  sorry don't know about places with weekly rates.

William

Arrived in Keene! The park in Swanzey looks nice but it's further outside of town than I was hoping for and in the wrong direction (it doesn't help that we're getting 6mpg, ugh). Anyone got a spot we can park overnight? No hookups required.

623-521-7382 William

David

Quote from: William on June 07, 2008, 08:55 AM NHFT
Arrived in Keene! The park in Swanzey looks nice but it's further outside of town than I was hoping for and in the wrong direction (it doesn't help that we're getting 6mpg, ugh). Anyone got a spot we can park overnight? No hookups required.

623-521-7382 William

If you can't find a place, the walmart on winchester Street is prolly a safe bet.  I have heard they allow RVs to park in their lots.  It is right off of 101/ rt 9, go north at the two lane roundabout.  Good Luck! 

Maulotaur, the Valley Green used to advertise weekly rates of about 200 dollars.  it is right off of west street, close to the Hannaford shopping center.  Big green building. 

Kat Kanning

623-521-7382 William

Didn't get hold of you by phone earlier, but if you didn't get my message, there's a campground in Keene at Wheelock Park
http://www.ci.keene.nh.us/parks/wheelockparkcampground.htm

Our number is 603-499-4256 if you want a get-together with people.

William

Quote from: Kat Kanning on June 07, 2008, 02:40 PM NHFT

623-521-7382 William

Didn't get hold of you by phone earlier, but if you didn't get my message, there's a campground in Keene at Wheelock Park
http://www.ci.keene.nh.us/parks/wheelockparkcampground.htm

Our number is 603-499-4256 if you want a get-together with people.

Tks for the tips. We are indeed at wheelock park. Got the last space.  :) A great spot in the middle of town.

maulotaur

Arrived in Keene!

That's great...I also arrived but had a lot of problems with finding a place to stay (no RV).  Due to the 'drug abuse awareness conference' going on here at the college in Keene, there are apparently no rooms available in any of the three major motels.  Someone actually suggested that we go back to Brattleboro and stay there!  I ended up spending the majority of my first day driving around the county until I saw some signs about a christian conference and decided to return to the Main street area for a late dinner at the Thai restaurant (which was really good btw).  I also checked out the green disaster...I mean valley motel.  They could not seem to decide on a rate to charge me and wanted to negotiate as I was exiting so that did not work out.  Anyway, we ended up getting the last vacancy in a very expensive hotel right at the circle.  I was told that all rooms are reserved here tomorrow too.  So it looks like we will have much less time to check out the city than I had planned.  My new plan is to go to Manchester since it is a larger city, and have a better chance of finding reasonable lodging there (?)  Then if we can stay a few more days, we're hoping to drive up to the Porcfest on the weekend. 

David

My apologies, you are the first to report on the Green Valley, I was unaware that it was a problem.   :o
I hope you have no further problems.  In manchvegas, or brattleboro, or elsewhere. 

Russell Kanning

Quote from: David on June 10, 2008, 06:35 AM NHFT
My apologies, you are the first to report on the Green Valley, I was unaware that it was a problem.   :o
I hope you have no further problems.  In manchvegas, or brattleboro, or elsewhere. 
yea that place is unacceptable for anyone I know

mauiguy

Aloha gang!

I'm flying into Boston next Monday morning.

There were plans in place for a FSP friend of mine to pick me up but something has come up and I need to make adjustments.

If someone is heading towards Keene from the Boston area on that day, maybe we could get together and share the ride and expense.

I am working on renting a car at Logan but I thought it might be fun to catch a ride if the opportunity were there.
I'll be happy to pay for gas, lunch or whatever if anyone's available.

Once in Keene, I'll also be looking for a space to stay until PF.
Nooks, crannies, corners and couches are all cool. I'm relatively quiet, don't eat much and only smell a little bit.   ;D
I'll be happy to generously compensate any who care to tolerate my presence for the week.

I'm really looking forward to poking around town and meeting everyone! (looking forward to = can't effing wait!!   :P )

I've reserved a spot at Rogers starting on Sunday the 19th.
If I've managed to acquire wheels by then, I will be happy to offer rides there. If not, I might just be needing a ride. We shall see.

Mahalo guys and I'll be seeing you soon!

Charlie

P.S. sorry for the redundancy in posts across different forums. Just thought I'd cover all the bases.   :)

Tom Sawyer

It was a pleasure to meet you mauiguy.   :icon_pirat:

mauiguy

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on June 26, 2011, 07:16 PM NHFT
It was a pleasure to meet you mauiguy.   :icon_pirat:

Likewise!
What an amazing week we all had!