• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

"Freedom to Travel" Event

Started by Kat Kanning, May 17, 2005, 06:33 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreepa

So Boston Logan airport... not showing ID gets you the 'Full pat down' but does not speed up your progress. Terminal C.
But SFO Terminal 3  not showing ID gets you the 'Full pat down' but you get to jump to the front of the line.  Seriously worth doing even if you 'believe' they need your id.

Things to consider.
Yes I said the FRONT of the line.

error

Quote from: Dreepa on December 12, 2006, 07:20 PM NHFT
So Boston Logan airport... not showing ID gets you the 'Full pat down' but does not speed up your progress. Terminal C.
But SFO Terminal 3  not showing ID gets you the 'Full pat down' but you get to jump to the front of the line.  Seriously worth doing even if you 'believe' they need your id.

Things to consider.

Told you so. :) We should encourage everyone to forget about registered traveler, and travel without ID. ;D

Dreepa

Quote from: error on December 12, 2006, 07:26 PM NHFT
Quote from: Dreepa on December 12, 2006, 07:20 PM NHFT

Things to consider.

Told you so. :) We should encourage everyone to forget about registered traveler, and travel without ID. ;D
I have felt 'freerer' and always smile when I say.. 'no'. They usually ask me again and then write SSSSSS on my boarding card.
I also got bumped so a free flight for me.

Russell Kanning

someone recently asked me if I didn't fly anymore ..... and I said of course I do.
When I fly again sometime .... I will enjoy saying no to them and the nice shoe shine. :)

error

Quote from: Russell Kanning on December 12, 2006, 08:40 PM NHFT
someone recently asked me if I didn't fly anymore ..... and I said of course I do.
When I fly again sometime .... I will enjoy saying no to them and the nice shoe shine. :)

I don't fly anymore, but it's not so much because of the TSA mistreating people at the airport as the fact that every time I walk into an airport, I don't see what most people see. All I see are the security holes.

KBCraig

I was watching "My Name Is Earl" the other night, and they had a good TSA scene.

Earl and his not-so-bright younger brother Randy were flying for the first time. They wondered out loud why everyone was taking their shoes off. The traveler in front of Randy told him it was so they could check the shoes for explosives.

"Explosives?!"
" *shrug* ...It happens."

Randy panicked, took his shoes off, and threw them as far as he could (toward the metal detector).

As he was being hustled off by three TSA goons, he yelled, "Hey, Earl! Throw your shoes! You get to go to the front of the line!"

;D

Spencer

Quote from: KBCraig on December 12, 2006, 09:56 PM NHFT
I was watching "My Name Is Earl" the other night, and they had a good TSA scene.

Earl and his not-so-bright younger brother Randy were flying for the first time. They wondered out loud why everyone was taking their shoes off. The traveler in front of Randy told him it was so they could check the shoes for explosives.

"Explosives?!"
" *shrug* ...It happens."

Randy panicked, took his shoes off, and threw them as far as he could (toward the metal detector).

As he was being hustled off by three TSA goons, he yelled, "Hey, Earl! Throw your shoes! You get to go to the front of the line!"

;D

That was the first thing that I thought when I read of Dreepa's experiences.  I love that show.

aries

Quote from: error on December 12, 2006, 09:02 PM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on December 12, 2006, 08:40 PM NHFT

I don't fly anymore, but it's not so much because of the TSA mistreating people at the airport as the fact that every time I walk into an airport, I don't see what most people see. All I see are the security holes.

I heard some news recently about something like 4/10 guns that undercover investigators try to bring on still gets on an airplane have you heard anything about this?

error

It's more like 9 out of 10, consistently.

slim

Quote from: error on December 13, 2006, 09:33 PM NHFT
It's more like 9 out of 10, consistently.
WOW I am suprized that they find 1 out of 10 guns. We need to give them a bonus for doing such a great job.  ;D

Kat Kanning

Any ideas for what to put on a sign for Russell to hold in the airport tomorrow?

error

Russell Kanning

"should muslims have rights?"
"are we free to pray in the airport?"

I will sit for an hour with a sign leaning against my knees again. I will just sit there observing the tsa/hs/cops and answer people's questions. It worked out great last time, because I was very nonthreatening to the average person being abused by the tsa.

Keep the sign ideas coming. The type can be small, since I am close to lots of people.

error

4th Amendment...
Not just a good idea, it's the law!

Michael Fisher

Quote from: Russell Kanning on December 16, 2006, 07:16 AM NHFT
"should muslims have rights?"
"are we free to pray in the airport?"

I will sit for an hour with a sign leaning against my knees again. I will just sit there observing the tsa/hs/cops and answer people's questions. It worked out great last time, because I was very nonthreatening to the average person being abused by the tsa.

Keep the sign ideas coming. The type can be small, since I am close to lots of people.

You could stand by the security exit area with a taxi-driver hat, as though you're waiting for someone, and a sign that says "Big Brother," or perhaps, "Welcome to America: You now have no rights." (or no freedom, privacy, etc.)