• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Open carry keeps the peace at once troubled NH bar

Started by Dave Ridley, October 04, 2007, 08:03 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCraig

Quote from: lildog on October 11, 2007, 08:15 AM NHFT
Quote from: KBCraig on October 10, 2007, 10:07 PM NHFT
I think I managed to shut Chaz up.  :o

Nope, now he's posting his number asking you to call him  :o

Yeah, that's what I meant.

I see no reason to waste time on the phone with someone as irrational as Chaz.

Rocketman

Quote from: KBCraig on October 11, 2007, 11:33 AM NHFT

Yeah, that's what I meant.

I see no reason to waste time on the phone with someone as irrational as Chaz.

Chaz and I have a very good relationship despite our considerable differences in philosophy.  Just wanted to point that out... he's a friend of NH Common Sense, volunteers at a prison once a week, recommended me for my own blog at NHInsider...  ;D

CNHT

I've tried to get him to show up at a tap room Tuesday some night but he keeps saying no.

By the way he has admitted in the past to being a former drug addict and alcoholic.  That explains his irrationality toward booze. 

hmmm maybe that's why he refuses to meet up in a bar?   ;D

Aha! He's likely the one that is threatening on YouTube...he's just that sort of coward you know?

lildog

Quote from: CNHT on October 12, 2007, 02:20 AM NHFT

I've tried to get him to show up at a tap room Tuesday some night but he keeps saying no.

By the way he has admitted in the past to being a former drug addict and alcoholic.  That explains his irrationality toward booze. 

hmmm maybe that's why he refuses to meet up in a bar?   ;D

Aha! He's likely the one that is threatening on YouTube...he's just that sort of coward you know?

Can this be found out through freedom of information act?  If he's the scumbag who is causing Keith the problems it should be known and he should be called out for it.

Honestly here, why is this a problem for Keith at all... he owns a business but he isn't advertising that he wants people to open carry, he just simply choose not to force people to give up their 2nd amendment rights when entering his location of business.

Should we ask businesses before entering if we are required to give up any rights before entering?  Maybe Keith needs a sign that says "In order to do business here the federal government may require you to give up your constitutional rights before entering".

ny2nh

Quote from: lildog on October 12, 2007, 09:41 AM NHFT
Honestly here, why is this a problem for Keith at all... he owns a business but he isn't advertising that he wants people to open carry, he just simply choose not to force people to give up their 2nd amendment rights when entering his location of business.

Should we ask businesses before entering if we are required to give up any rights before entering?  Maybe Keith needs a sign that says "In order to do business here the federal government may require you to give up your constitutional rights before entering".

Have you ever thought that it really doesn't matter WHY Keith feels it is a problem and maybe just accepting the fact that it has become a problem? It's become a problem - and it's effecting more than just Keith.

I am 100% pro-2nd amendment, but I disagree that anyone would be giving up any of their rights if Keith opted to completely ban firearms in his establishment. It is a privately owned business and he can set the restrictions however he sees fit.

My suggestion - on Tuesday - opt for concealed.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: ny2nh on October 13, 2007, 05:49 AM NHFT

I am 100% pro-2nd amendment, but I disagree that anyone would be giving up any of their rights if Keith opted to completely ban firearms in his establishment. It is a privately owned business and he can set the restrictions however he sees fit.

You're right.  Keith can shoot himself in the head any way he wants to with Freestaters.

CNHT

Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on October 13, 2007, 06:44 AM NHFT
Quote from: ny2nh on October 13, 2007, 05:49 AM NHFT

You're right.  Keith can shoot himself in the head any way he wants to with Freestaters.

I fear just the opposite may already have been done....

Lloyd Danforth

You think he would ingratiate  himself with Freestaters if he demanded concealed carry?

CNHT

Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on October 13, 2007, 08:15 AM NHFT
You think he would ingratiate  himself with Freestaters if he demanded concealed carry?

Well they might be the very ones who push him to do that, what with all this negative attention to the people that are carrying.

Open carry is nice but not if you have to constantly try to dissassociate yourself with negative ideas that people will use against you.
There is a time to be discreet. Some don't want to recognize that and if they put his business in peril because they disagree with a video they want promoted, then he might have no choice. It's not a question of ingratiating with the customers, but whether he can be in business at all, and I think the choice is a no-brainer.

EJinCT

Quote from: CNHT on October 13, 2007, 08:25 AM NHFT
Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on October 13, 2007, 08:15 AM NHFT

Well they might be the very ones who push him to do that, what with all this negative attention to the people that are carrying.

...if they put his business in peril because they disagree with a video they want promoted, then he might have no choice. It's not a question of ingratiating with the customers, but whether he can be in business at all, and I think the choice is a no-brainer.

So your stating he may have no choice, and then you state the choice is a no-brainer?  :-\

IME, we all have choices, no matter our situation; its all a matter of choosing which consequences one is able to live with.

Keith has his choice to make as to whether he chooses to initiate a policy, just as carrying patrons have the choice of whether they will support that business.

Regardless; while I may disagree with a business practice, I do respect the owners choice to run their business as they see fit. ( standard disclaimer, yada, yada, yada)

d_goddard

Quote from: freedominnh on October 13, 2007, 11:42 AM NHFT
Watch for some do-gooder democrat to try and outlaw open carry next....
Watch for him to get creamed by the Democrat  NHLA-"A" rated Rep. from Manchester!

CNHT

Quote from: EJinCT on October 13, 2007, 10:59 AM NHFT
So your stating he may have no choice, and then you state the choice is a no-brainer?  :-\

Same diff.

Bald Eagle

Jesus.

Keith put far more money and effort into starting and running Murphy's than I ever will just showing up and using it as a place to socialize.
Keith is my friend and I have no desire to hurt him, his business, or the people he hires to make my experience at Murphy's pleasurable.

I'm a gun guy.  I'm a gun nut.  I'm a top-of-the-Nolan-chart principled Libertarian.
I open carry simply because I'm not going to ask some Jerkwad's permission to put a cover over my gun.
But if Keith wants me to carry concealed in HIS business, then I'm happy to.
If Keith wants to ask that his patrons don't carry guns in his business at all, because it's either that, or evil people will do evil things to shut him down, I'm not asshole enough to argue the point.

I generally try to ask what people's policies are at their homes when they visit or especially if they have children.  I respect their personal decisions.  It's called common courtesy and respect.

Please have some for Keith while we support him and try to sort all this crap out.

Rocketman

Quote from: Bald Eagle on October 13, 2007, 04:33 PM NHFT
Jesus.

Keith put far more money and effort into starting and running Murphy's than I ever will just showing up and using it as a place to socialize.
Keith is my friend and I have no desire to hurt him, his business, or the people he hires to make my experience at Murphy's pleasurable.

I'm a gun guy.  I'm a gun nut.  I'm a top-of-the-Nolan-chart principled Libertarian.
I open carry simply because I'm not going to ask some Jerkwad's permission to put a cover over my gun.
But if Keith wants me to carry concealed in HIS business, then I'm happy to.
If Keith wants to ask that his patrons don't carry guns in his business at all, because it's either that, or evil people will do evil things to shut him down, I'm not asshole enough to argue the point.

I generally try to ask what people's policies are at their homes when they visit or especially if they have children.  I respect their personal decisions.  It's called common courtesy and respect.

Please have some for Keith while we support him and try to sort all this crap out.

+1, Bald Eagle.