• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Has Stefan Molyneux hooked you?

Started by TackleTheWorld, December 13, 2007, 09:45 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Raineyrocks

Quote from: dalebert on April 24, 2008, 11:38 AM NHFT
OK, this is prolly going to be way T.M.I., but I had a dream that Stephan was trying to sexually molest me. What does it mean?

Who knows, it could just be a dream. :-\   I have really strange dreams sometimes and drive myself nuts trying to put a meaning to it until I say maybe it was just a dream. :)

Kat Kanning

Hey. do Stephan and the anarchy boogie man look a bit alike?

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Kat Kanning on April 25, 2008, 10:35 AM NHFT

Who the heck is this Stephan guy? :)

TackleTheWorld

Quote from: Kat Kanning on April 25, 2008, 10:35 AM NHFT

Oh, I think you have discovered the connection.

dalebert

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on April 25, 2008, 09:20 PM NHFT
Oh, I think you have discovered the connection.

OMARM! I can't stop laughing! You should repost that on the FDR forums.

Kat Kanning

So does Beth get turned on by Stefan, like she does the ABM?  That would clich it.

Friday

Quote from: Mike in CA on December 13, 2007, 10:48 PM NHFT
I hope you'll check out Liberating Minds. You might like it, if you already like the topics Stef covers. We talk about psychology, AnCapism, Ron Paul, poetry, dogs vs. cats :), the NAP, rights...anything you want to bring up.
I have checked out this site, and am blown away by some of the experiences other fans of FDR have had, and the ludicrously innocuous reasons for which some of them have been banned.  Wow.  I had noticed that many threads on the FDR forum are nothing but a Greek chorus of people telling Stef how wonderful he is.  I am up to podcast 103 and still like them a lot, overall, but I did skip ahead once to a podcast recommended by someone here and was quite taken aback by the difference in tone.  I actually turned it off after just a couple of minutes because I found the change too jarring.  Perhaps Stef has drunk one too many cups of his own Kool-Aid between late 2006 and now?   :dontknow:  I haven't listened to any of the call-in shows yet.

Barterer

Quote from: Friday on April 29, 2008, 09:52 PM NHFT
Perhaps Stef has drunk one too many cups of his own Kool-Aid between late 2006 and now?   :dontknow:  I haven't listened to any of the call-in shows yet.

One of the things Dylboz has said, that kind of rings true is:

QuoteI have listened to over a thousand of them, and there is a definite trajectory, as his facility and confidence in the medium built, so did his following. As his following increased, so did his sense of the absolute accuracy and sufficiency of his analysis.

I'm not sure if this is exactly right, or if Stefan is just less patient with people who have criticisms now, and wants them to study his work to a much more sophisticated degree before opening their mouth. Maybe it is a little of both.. a sense of certainty stemming from decades of study and 1000+ podcasts, and annoyance with relative "noobs" with questions he may have already answered. But some of those "noobs" who have been tossed out (see DonnywithanA and Stewart) were almost talking over my head already, so I wanted to see their criticisms continue and their points addressed.  That guy "NonEntity" says he was booted just for commenting about Stefan on another board.. which I don't believe is the sole reason.  By that standard, I'd be gone too, for comments on the same board.

All that aside, I am only up to about FDR 400-something, and they still seem very humble and nice.  I have quit listening to the call-in and "therapy" shows though, because:
a) the audio quality and cross talk
b) they're not half as good as the straight-up podcasts, where only one person is responsible for tangents
c) I want to catch up to present-day podcasts sometime before I die.
d) I don't want to be lulled into trying to fit my situation crudely into someone else's.

Friday

I just listened to podcast #156, The Social Contract Part 2.  46 minutes of horror. Synopsis: "Taxes are used for murder."  :(  Every time I think I have no illusions left about the U.S.A., I realize how wrong I am. Oy vey.   :-\

John Edward Mercier

One of my favorite questions is without government (which is really nothing more than a group trying to achieve the unachievable - social order) would you kill your neighbor?

If a person can go thousands of miles to kill someone that they have no history nor personal qualm with... why wouldn't they be willing to travel a mile to kill people they have a personal history and qualms with?

Friday

Big Chatty Forehead's coming to Liberty Forum.   :blahblah:

dalebert

Quote from: Friday on February 10, 2009, 08:07 PM NHFT
Big Chatty Forehead's coming to Liberty Forum.   :blahblah:

I heard a rumor that Stefan's presence at the Forum is actually reversing the planned boycott of a certain FSP celebrity but I find it hard to believe so I need to hear it from other sources first.  :o

Russell Kanning

we have fsp celebrities?
I was thinking that they have plenty of good speakers this year and no real bad ones ... just one lawyer.

MengerFan

Quote from: Russell Kanning on February 11, 2009, 10:56 AM NHFT
we have fsp celebrities?

There's Glenn Jacobs. I believe Doug Stanhope used to be, but dropped out when NH was chosen.

dalebert

Quote from: MengerFan on February 11, 2009, 12:21 PM NHFT
There's Glenn Jacobs. I believe Doug Stanhope used to be, but dropped out when NH was chosen.

You're the FSP celebrity I was referring to! So, is it true? Are you seriously considering coming now that Stefan is coming? I heard you were going to stay in a different hotel for obvious reasons.