• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Thanksgiving at Jim-n-Lauren's

Started by Kat Kanning, November 18, 2008, 07:27 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: Facilitator to the Icon on November 26, 2008, 05:16 PM NHFT
We have two turkeys, 27+ lbs, provided by Puke and Menno.
They should be done thawing, the turkeys, about midnight.  Into the oven at 7:30am.  Cooled and carved by 1:00pm.   :)

They cook quicker than what I'm used to.  Does that mean they are not being stuffed or are you cooking them with some special quick cook method?

Kat Kanning

I was planning on getting the President and Birthday Boy there at noon.  Do you need them delivered earlier?  That can be arranged  :D

Daien

Quote from: dalebert on November 26, 2008, 01:20 PM NHFT
Can I do an unofficial poll of how many others are bringing 3 things?

After watching the videos you posted (Ewwwwwwwwww!!!), I'm backing off and only bringing TWO things!  And neither of them are bacon ;D

(Garlic yukon gold mashed potatoes, and crimini mushroom/apple cider gravy)

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 27, 2008, 12:55 AM NHFT
I was planning on getting the President and Birthday Boy there at noon.  Do you need them delivered earlier?  That can be arranged  :D

Noon is good.   :)

Tom Sawyer

The Stooges Thanksgiving Reunion...

Should be a good show.  ;D 8)

Mike Barskey

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on November 27, 2008, 06:53 AM NHFT
The Stooges Thanksgiving Reunion...

Should be a good show.  ;D 8)

If I'm not mistaken, it'll just be the Two Stooges reunion; the Cardinal's not coming. :( But it'll still be a good show!

Friday

Quote from: Mike Barskey on November 26, 2008, 09:58 PM NHFT
I have 8 folding chairs I can bring. Please call me if you want them - I plan on leaving by 9:30a tomorrow morning. I'll PM you my phone number.
Beware of Thanksgiving folding chairs!!   :o

Mike Barskey

Curses! You have discovered my plan to take over The Underground with my secret army of robot folding chairs! Foiled again!

PS: this was a joke!

Mike Barskey

Did anyone else find it weird that at about 4:00 into this video, Woodstock was excited to be eating another bird?

Lloyd Danforth

Puke

Quote from: Mike Barskey on November 27, 2008, 07:36 AM NHFT
Did anyone else find it weird that at about 4:00 into this video, Woodstock was excited to be eating another bird?

Birds eat other birds all the time.
It would be like a person eating a baboon. It isn't cannibalism.

mongo

Quote from: Puke on November 27, 2008, 08:06 AM NHFT

"You've probably heard that a hummingbird eats it's own weight everyday, and you probably wondered: how does a hummingbird weigh it's food? It doesn't. It just eats another hummingbird." - Steve Wright

mongo

Hi,

I'd like to go to Keene but have no idea where the Thanksgiving event is. I'd be happy to provide transport if anyone from this area is going?

Cheers,

K
ps you can email me at kboom23@yahoo.com

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Puke on November 27, 2008, 08:06 AM NHFT

Leave it to Puke to talk about eating monkeys.
Frickin' primate hater!

;D

Becky Thatcher