• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Grassroots beginning to the Free State Party

Started by Russell Kanning, January 04, 2009, 11:57 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Quote from: AntonLee on January 07, 2009, 04:15 PM NHFTSpreading the message doesn't have to include running for office in my book. . .but if someone were to run on a platform that makes Ron Paul seem like a run of the mill douchebag politician. . . I'd be all for helping that person.
that is exactly what I am thinking.
some guys will want to run, some of us will just help, we will all make fun of the bad guys and have great parties.
if I ever happened to win a small election, I could advocate the most radical stuph and get kicked out. :)

AntonLee

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on January 07, 2009, 05:04 PM NHFT
Quote from: AntonLee on January 05, 2009, 02:35 PM NHFT
Did the NHLA support the Mayor Frank Guinta?  From what I've read of him he's quite a weasel.

No. That's not even a State office.

I didn't know you were only limited to State offices, I thought you guys also did locals.  My bad, thanks for clarifying.
Quote from: Russell Kanning on January 07, 2009, 05:34 PM NHFT
Quote from: AntonLee on January 07, 2009, 04:15 PM NHFTSpreading the message doesn't have to include running for office in my book. . .but if someone were to run on a platform that makes Ron Paul seem like a run of the mill douchebag politician. . . I'd be all for helping that person.
that is exactly what I am thinking.
some guys will want to run, some of us will just help, we will all make fun of the bad guys and have great parties.
if I ever happened to win a small election, I could advocate the most radical stuph and get kicked out. :)

I'm sold and now I have to figure out what I can do to help.

Quote from: Russell Kanning on January 07, 2009, 05:34 PM NHFT
if I ever happened to win a small election, I could advocate the most radical stuph and get kicked out.
I doubt you would get kicked out for just advocating stuff - and it would be a real welcome change to have you doing that. Lets see, what could you advocate, succession, release of all prisoners, zero out the budget for two years, repeal of all laws (that one was already introduced). I think one of my priorities would be to go back to biennial sessions. This introducing bills every year is nonsense.

Caleb

Quote from: AntonLee on January 07, 2009, 06:24 AM NHFT
Save the trees, making new laws against cutting down any vegetation!

How bout "Save the trees - Outlaw legislation!"   :)
Think of all the trees who had to give their lives so stupid laws could be written on them. It's an outrage! An outrage, I say.  ;D

AntonLee

if you think I'm kidding you can go to Change.org (pepto bismo or tums handy) and check out what THE PEOPLE want!

No more cutting down of trees, eating of any meat, eating of any vegetables, no unpasturized milk, removal of guns, etc.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: AntonLee on January 07, 2009, 05:53 PM NHFT
for me, this is a new stuph, so it will take a while for me to figure out what best to do.

we will be feeling our way forward :)

Russell Kanning

Quote from: www on January 07, 2009, 07:15 PM NHFT
I doubt you would get kicked out for just advocating stuff - and it would be a real welcome change to have you doing that. Lets see, what could you advocate, succession, release of all prisoners, zero out the budget for two years, repeal of all laws (that one was already introduced). I think one of my priorities would be to go back to biennial sessions. This introducing bills every year is nonsense.
well ... it would depend on the office
are you are referring to a state legislative office?

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Caleb on January 07, 2009, 08:14 PM NHFT
also we can't advocate using computers for government work ... think of the landfills

Quote from: Russell Kanning on January 07, 2009, 08:24 PM NHFT
Quote from: www on January 07, 2009, 07:15 PM NHFT
well ... it would depend on the office
are you are referring to a state legislative office?
Yes - house, senate - one of those. I suppose if you ran for sheriff you could get thrown out for advocating any number of things.

Russell Kanning

exactly .... I think if you were just one of 400 state reps you could propose some really different stuph and they could just ignore you or something

Friday

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on January 07, 2009, 05:02 PM NHFT
Quote from: Friday on January 05, 2009, 01:25 PM NHFT
Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on January 05, 2009, 11:25 AM NHFT
NHLA endorsement for new candidates is done via a questionnaire; for existing candidates, their voting record. And, we're non-partisan, so despite the fact that a lot of NHLA members are Republicans, we will endorse candidates from other parties, e.g., Joel Winters (D) and the several L candidates that ran last year.

There are several L candidates missing from the NHLA endorsed list.

Which ones? I can check to see if we received their questionnaires or not.
This webpage lists all (I think) the L candidates in the last election: http://www.lpnh.org/Election_2008.html

Friday

Quote from: AntonLee on January 07, 2009, 08:17 PM NHFT
if you think I'm kidding you can go to Change.org (pepto bismo or tums handy) and check out what THE PEOPLE want!

No more cutting down of trees, eating of any meat, eating of any vegetables, no unpasturized milk, removal of guns, etc.
No more BACON?!  Fuckin' Commies!!!   :soapbox:

BagOfEyebrows

Quote from: Russell Kanning on January 07, 2009, 08:23 PM NHFT
Quote from: AntonLee on January 07, 2009, 05:53 PM NHFT
for me, this is a new stuph, so it will take a while for me to figure out what best to do.

we will be feeling our way forward :)

Can you feel your way forward, with rubber gloved hands if you have to, to changing the name to The Shire Party?  :blush:

Russell Kanning

the Shire has parties
NH has the Free State Party

it is not up to me ... the volunteers are very insistent that they want and will have the Free State Party

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Caleb on January 07, 2009, 08:14 PM NHFT
Quote from: AntonLee on January 07, 2009, 06:24 AM NHFT
Save the trees, making new laws against cutting down any vegetation!

Think of all the trees who had to give their lives so stupid laws could be written on them. It's an outrage! An outrage, I say.  ;D

Didn't you hear?  Computers are gonna put an end to paper waste!