• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Rally in support of HCR6

Started by Fluff and Stuff, February 19, 2009, 07:07 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Danforth

Yeah.  They wanted to do Valley Forge when it was warmer too!  :P ;D

Becky Thatcher

Tom had a 103 fever... how was the rally, Lloyd?

Mike Barskey

I'm sorry you were sick, Tom. I hope the flu's gone now.

Kat Kanning

Wow sorry to hear about the sick porcupines (sick pricks?)!

Becky Thatcher

;D ;D ;D

Tom's crying cause you called him a prick... I don't know why, I do it all the time.   >:D

Kat Kanning

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Becky Thatcher on March 05, 2009, 07:44 AM NHFT
Tom had a 103 fever... how was the rally, Lloyd?
'bout 103 below zero!

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on March 05, 2009, 05:40 AM NHFT

Just to pick nits...

Valley Forge wasn't a matter of legislative timing... HCR6 was.

If actual action was wanted for HCR6 the timing and type of support for it's passage would have been crucial.  A sympathetic legislature and a rationally concerned citizen base would have helped a great deal.  As it was, there was a crowd of angry people chanting against Obama in front of a Democrat controlled House.

The useless utterance was not as important as setting up theater for the Liberty Forum.

Anyone who went there believing that HCR6 would pass were duped and those people who stormed out in an angry huff were completely aware of that.  Although they blame the Democrats for what their own politicos did.

John

Quote from: Facilitator to the Icon on March 05, 2009, 08:58 AM NHFT[...] angry people chanting against Obama [...]

And chanting/crying "UNCLE"??????
Where I come from, crying uncle means "I give up!"  Very sad bunch at that rally. VERY SAD INDEED!

John

Quote from: Russell Kanning on March 04, 2009, 07:55 PM NHFT
this was not our rally ... so it went mostly how the creators wanted .... no alum hat nutjobs ...

now that this is over I guess it will have to be the FSParty that will pick up the secession banner. :)

I ran out of time before the rally so did not have TheFreeStateParty.com written on my "U.S. OUT OF New Hampshire" sign. However, I did have my Free State Party/U.S. OUT OF New Hampshire shirt on [on my backside] - and more than one person took pictures of it8)

Pat K

Quote from: Facilitator to the Icon on March 05, 2009, 08:58 AM NHFT
Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on March 05, 2009, 05:40 AM NHFT

Just to pick nits...

If actual action was wanted for HCR6 the timing and type of support for it's passage would have been crucial.  A sympathetic legislature and a rationally concerned citizen base would have helped a great deal.  As it was, there was a crowd of angry people chanting against Obama in front of a Democrat controlled House.

The useless utterance was not as important as setting up theater for the Liberty Forum.

Anyone who went there believing that HCR6 would pass were duped and those people who stormed out in an angry huff were completely aware of that.  Although they blame the Democrats for what their own politicos did.

Oh My. (slaps self in head)

Russell Kanning

yea ... pushing the idea of nh independence can happen anytime ... in warm weather and involving the public ... we can just keep doing it :)

John

I'm happy to report that many folks from my chosen Home town of Grafton were in attendance.
I can think of more than a dozen - just off the top of my head.
GRAFON, NH ROCKS - big time!

Keene had a large contingent as well. But I was particularly impressed with the variety of good folks who came out of all "corners" of N.H.

John

Quote from: John on February 26, 2009, 09:09 PM NHFT
Quote from: John Edward Mercier on February 24, 2009, 05:48 AM NHFT
This isn't to kick the U.S. out of NH.

I'm thinking we are long past due. ... I'll try to make it.

U.S. OUT OF
fill in the blank
NEW HAMPSHIRE

U.S. OUT
NOW!
[/b]

SethCohn

Quote from: Facilitator to the Icon on March 05, 2009, 08:58 AM NHFT

Agreed, in the sense that there was no way this was going to pass this year, no matter what, given the Dem control at all levels, up to Obama's new hope and change regime.

If actual action was wanted for HCR6 the timing and type of support for it's passage would have been crucial.  A sympathetic legislature and a rationally concerned citizen base would have helped a great deal. 

Yeah, because we know that both of those are just around the corner, out of sight, any day now. (grin)

As it was, there was a crowd of angry people chanting against Obama in front of a Democrat controlled House.

Let's be clear, not just Liberty Forum (though that was really well timed to take advantage of it, entirely coincidentally.) but the Live Free festival in August, and other events.   Half of that crowd was NOT the usual suspects who turn up for events right now...

Why was Republican Leadership voting for this, and supporting it?  Because it's a great issue to energize a particular base of voters to vote Republican in the fall of 2010.  They knew it wasn't going to pass, everyone who watches the political winds KNEW it wasn't going to pass, THIS year.  If McCain had won, you think they'd have supported this bill?  Nah...

Anyone who was promised that if they showed up and held signs and chanted, they could somehow swing the vote, or that a speech on the House floor would somehow save this bill, if only they believed hard enough... well, the person promising that was either idealistic or deluded, or perhaps both.

I'm not sure which Politicos you think did something wrong here...

The bill was DOA, but that doesn't mean you can't do good things with it's soon to be corpse.   Matt knew last year's legalization bill was DOA despite passing the House, but he was able to continue good press and build positive movement and connections for future bills.  Should he have given up because he knew it was never going to pass the Senate?

Ok, political analysis over, we now return to your normal Underground discussion, politics free, all ready in progress.