• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Freedom to Travel Event, Part 4

Started by Kat Kanning, June 15, 2005, 06:36 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Submitted his story to slashdot again.

toowm

Russell-

Wanted to let you know that on Monday night, I flew from O'Hare (Chicago) to Manchester without showing ID! I fly about twice a week and this happens every few months. Here's how it happened this time: I went to the shorter Premier line, and someone was asking the TSA screener a question, so she waived me past without asking for ID. Then at the next (main) screener - the ones who make a physical mark on the ticket, they were opening up a new lane, so she changed the barriers and took the line of people right to the x-ray machine. I think everyone in front of me had been screened.

Based on my experience, this happens about once every 25 flights, or about 4% of the time. I think it may be more likely for me than a typical traveler because I use the premier lines whenever possible and am usually in a suit. Nevertheless, it shows that the TSA can't follow its own procedures, so it is ridiculous to claim that what they do makes us safer.

Russell Kanning

ravelkinbow

Hey, Billy got to hear your interview with Alex Jones  he said he did a stand up job!!

Kat Kanning

:-\  They've driven a lot of good people away with that attitude.

Dave Ridley

Russell Kanning

Kat Kanning

Nice.  He'll be punished for not obeying them, not that he was a danger to anyone.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Kat Kanning

FTL_Ian

They are probably bluffing and trying to get you to respect their alleged "authority".  I suggest you remind them that you're in charge.

Michael Fisher

Wow!? They're falling right into our trap.? ;)? This could significantly raise the stakes of Russell's event and make it far more successful than it has been.  Thank you so much for doing this, Russell.  :)

This violation would be a fine of $2,500 to $6,000 if Russell is charged and pleads guilty.

Russell, did you get any more donations for your initial fine?

SethCohn

Googling for Raymond Carolan:

He's the Federal Security Director _for Manchester Airport_ (gee, funny how that letter never says that)
(he's also the FSD for Pease International Tradeport)

He gave Rick Stanley a hassle in 2002
:
Corrected: He hassled a NH State Rep (gee, can you find out which one?)
http://www.stanley2002.org/lawgiverdetainedairport.htm

His phone number:
603-666-7442

Hmm, number of the beast, eh?

Kat Kanning

Why?  Do you think a state rep would hurt innocents?

Mike, yes....Dada gave us a donation and PatK is sending one also.

Dreepa

state reps, federal reps  should get no special treatment.

I hate the fact that there is a 'special' parking lot at National Reagan Airport in VA, for reps.