• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Ruuuuuuuuuussell ....

Started by Caleb, February 14, 2006, 07:35 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Caleb

I think its almost time for "Shock and Awe" ...  8)

Russell Kanning

Caleb

This is your U.S. Flag ...

This is your U.S. Flag on lighter fluid and matches ...

Any Questions?

;D

Russell Kanning

I was thinking about that the other day ....... about how it would have made sense to burn a US flag in front of the fed building ...... but then I thought it would be better to do it in the middle of Keene. :)

KBCraig

Just a reminder (we discussed this pretty heavily last year)....

Flag burning will alienate many, many people who support the freedom movement, and cause many more to put a great deal of distance between themselves you and you.

The flag doesn't represent the current administration, nor even the U.S. government at large. It represents the people and the ideals of what America is supposed to be.

Protesting the government by burning the flag is akin to protesting Fred Phelps by burning the Bible.

Kevin

dpagan

I know I'm new here and it may be out of place to say this in someone else?s "home"; but that's a bit much. That American flag doesn't represent the current administration, it represents the country. There are hundreds of thousands of soldiers who died for it in many wars including the American War for Independence.

Caleb

Of course it represents the country.

"and to the REPUBLIC, for which it stands ..."

How the hell can you be a secessionist and NOT be against the republic, ie, the United States of America?  If I was for the republic, I wouldn't be a secessionist, would I?

I'm not saying we should be gleeful flag burners ... to me, it is with a sense of deep regret that we come to the conclusion that the Union is not salvageable

dpagan

Woah maybe I didn't read enough posts, you guys are secessionists? I thought you were just libertarians who wanted to make a free state by electing libertarians. If that's true I'll have to say good bye.

Caleb

I said that I am a secessionist.  On this website, I'm sure you'll find many who want to work exactly the same way as you.

Caleb

dpagan

Sorry, I'll work on my reading comprehension.

Pat K

I agree with Kevin, there is no upside to this.

tracysaboe

I think a better protest would perhaps be to have a large NH flag. And fly it on top of a small U.S. Flag.

This is and of itself is a huge smack at the federal government becaue protocal currently is for the U.S. flag to be on top.

It gets the point acrost that we're not against the U.S. per sae. Just that We want NH to be independent of it and completely soveran.

Tracy

tracysaboe

dpagan

Secession is as american as Apple Pie.

The Revolutionary war was really a war of secession from England. Maine seceded from Taxachusetts in the early days of the republic. And Vermont is a state compossed of parts that seceded from both MA and NH.

Peacefull secession is likely the one way we will ever be completely free of the feds. The FBI, the IRS, OSHA, the EPA, etc. The federal government has become to big of a monster to simple "reform"  At this point that's like trying to "reform" arsenic. It's still a poison.

No. Really the only solution that will keep NH free over the long term and keep us free from federal mandates for ever, is for NH to be completely independent.

Russle, My, and many other's on this forum have a goal of achieving this peacefully. In fact Violence would only make the problem worse. That's the meathod the South tried 150 years ago and it didn't work so well.

Think about it. A State where we can lock the FBI and DOJ up for trying to enforce their evil drug war in the soveran country of NH. A place where we can lock up IRS agents coming to try and harrass us.

Anyway, others want to ellect Libertarian Senetors to the U.S. Senate so they can fillibuster and prevent evil government laws from passing -- thereby helping the rest of the country also -- but frankly, that will only last so long.

No, we can help the rest of the country better by being independent and trading freely with them.

Tracy

Russell Kanning

I think the shock and awe is already happening.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: KBCraig on February 14, 2006, 09:38 PM NHFT
Just a reminder (we discussed this pretty heavily last year)....

Flag burning will alienate many, many people who support the freedom movement, and cause many more to put a great deal of distance between themselves you and you.
....do they support my freedom to not like the US?
If they are patriotic above freedom loving ...... do I mind having distance between us?