• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Monadnock Porcupines Meet and Greet

Started by Kat Kanning, February 05, 2005, 07:28 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

We stayed inside for the entire storm .... too much rain.

rima

Quote from: Scott Roth on October 09, 2005, 04:47 PM NHFT
Rima, are you from Peterborough?

Hi!  Nope - I'm up Rt 202 from Peterborough.   In this area, we've had some flooding, roads and bridges out too.  Lost a resident  :'(   on the Contoocook River today about 3pm!  Alstead really got hit bad.   Supposed to rain every day next week.  I have a friend in Unity who is afraid to go work tomorrow.   

I use Peterborough as "Central Station" for directions.  And, I "haunt" Peterborough a couple times a month - especially the bookstore and Aesop's. 

I have a feeling that I am a generation or more older than most Man.Porc. members. 
:D  HOWEVER, I am forever youthful in spirit.  I just don't wade in floods. 

Hope to meet you at the next meeting...Regards, from Rima 

John

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on October 07, 2005, 08:10 PM NHFT
Swim across Long Island Sound.? Enter the Connecticut River.? Swim north to Hinsdale, NH.? Enter Ashuelot River.? Swim north to Keene. Exit at Starbucks. Shake yourself off. Proceed one block east along West St. to Ashuelot St.

:o :o :o :o :o :o
:)

Kat Kanning

rima

CNHT

Quote from: katdillon on October 09, 2005, 06:05 PM NHFT
I didn't see any national guard today.? I saw one policeman come in and get a sandwich or something though.

This past Sunday, in another part of the state, we drove the truck through a river that was rushing over the road by about 4 feet and the road was technically closed. I have photos...

Such daredevils we were!    >:D

Kat Kanning

CNHT

Kat Kanning

Did that once in my little car.  The engine died.

CNHT

Quote from: katdillon on October 11, 2005, 06:12 AM NHFT
Did that once in my little car.? The engine died.

People with little cars did not try to cross as they may have been swept away. Nothing happened except the brakes would not work for a while after that, but fortunately the engine stayed going. Of course I would NEVER do that with MY truck, heheheh. Was all over NH this weekend and there were many flooded areas.

Lloyd Danforth

I had the whole thing memorized at one time, but, fortunatly, it has left my head :D

CNHT

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on October 11, 2005, 07:25 AM NHFT
I had the whole thing memorized at one time, but, fortunatly, it has left my head :D

I used to play it, and someone else sang it. (I hate memorizing lyrics and still work from a music stand reading them as I play!)
I am now more into the rock stuff, and the new electric guitar will be arriving in a month or so!
Here goes to the second childhood. Whoopeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

cathleeninnh

I had an unlucky VW Rabbit once and left the house during a rainstorm after an argument with my now ex. Got in a traffic jam and sat while the water rose around me. When it was somewhere around the hubcaps, I was able to inch around an esplanade to u-turn and go home. The engine slightly sputtered but didn't die. That was enough. It gat harder and harder to start and a week or so later had to have it towed. Water throughout the fuel line. Insurance covered the whole $2000 tab.

I take no more chances.

Cathleen

Pat K

Is the meeting on for this Sunday?

Russell Kanning