• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Republic of NH

Started by Caleb, May 15, 2006, 10:19 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankChodorov

QuoteGive tax incentives to companies so they could build and operate here.

how about just stop subsidizing globalization?

Dreepa

Quote from: FrankChodorov on October 14, 2006, 02:09 PM NHFT

I am all for stopping ALL corporate and farming subsidies.

FrankChodorov

Quote from: Dreepa on October 14, 2006, 02:29 PM NHFT

and privilege?

error

I don't have a problem with free trade in principle, obviously. But NAFTA, CAFTA and the like are far from free trade. (If they WERE free trade, they'd be about two pages long, rather than hundreds of pages full of exemptions, protection rackets, subsidies, etc.)

Let's not confuse free trade with the New World Order, which wants no such thing.

Dreepa

Quote from: FrankChodorov on October 14, 2006, 03:28 PM NHFT
Quote from: Dreepa on October 14, 2006, 02:29 PM NHFT

and privilege?
and depends how you define privilege.

FrankChodorov

privi - private
lege - law

mr.apathy

QuoteI don't have a problem with free trade in principle, obviously. But NAFTA, CAFTA and the like are far from free trade. (If they WERE free trade, they'd be about two pages long, rather than hundreds of pages full of exemptions, protection rackets, subsidies, etc.)

Let's not confuse free trade with the New World Order, which wants no such thing.

You're right on that. But, if free trade was truly established, it would be nice to actually have products to trade. The current unbalanced trade deficit is truly stupid. Our Republic of NH would have to to a little more self sufficient than our current nation.

tracysaboe

Quote from: mr.apathy on October 14, 2006, 01:27 PM NHFT
Since the Bush's and  Clinton signed the Free Trade agreements of the 90's, products are getting lower in quality, and with inflation as out of control as it is, the prices really aren't any better than they were before.

I'm by no means an economist. But from a glance it appears not to be working. I would slowly abolish it, one market at a time. Give tax incentives to companies so they could build and operate here.  If the taxes were lower for the companies, maybe it would'nt be so much of a burden to pay a living wage to workers. But alas, that is the key problem with free trade: unethical decision making for a profit.

Thanks for the heads up on LE, I'll check it out.

Those thousand page agreements are hardly "free" Those agreements are inter government regulated trade. Hardly the same thing.

Tracy

tracysaboe

Quote from: mr.apathy on October 14, 2006, 12:59 PM NHFT
I know alot of people in this forum love free trade, but I don't.  If I buy one more piece of crap made in China that breaks in two days after purchase, I'm going to scream. 

So. Ahh. Don't buy cheep Chinese crap? But let me purchase it if I want too.

Tracy

tracysaboe

Quote from: error on October 14, 2006, 04:15 PM NHFT
I don't have a problem with free trade in principle, obviously. But NAFTA, CAFTA and the like are far from free trade. (If they WERE free trade, they'd be about two pages long, rather than hundreds of pages full of exemptions, protection rackets, subsidies, etc.)

Actually you're wrong. They'd only be two lines long.

Tracy

mr.apathy

I don't know about that. With-out all those federal tarrifs, it could potentially be much much cheeper (half price or less on many goods) to purchase abroad then it doesn now.

If the Free Republic of NH imported everything it used, the currency would be worthless.  What's wrong with a little self sufficiency?

I'm starting a new thread dedicated to economy. I don't want to argue in here about that.  This was supposed to about the Republic of NH website, and content within. Sorry Caleb for encouraging a tangent..

Kat Kanning

http://www.secessionist.us/  Have you seen that site?  They link to the republic of NH :)

tracysaboe

Thank me.

I'm the one that e-mailed the link to them :)

Tracy

tracysaboe

Quote from: mr.apathy on October 18, 2006, 03:39 PM NHFT
I don't know about that. With-out all those federal tarrifs, it could potentially be much much cheeper (half price or less on many goods) to purchase abroad then it doesn now.

If the Free Republic of NH imported everything it used, the currency would be worthless.  What's wrong with a little self sufficiency?

So get rid of the currency and let people use what they want. If people tart desiding Gold, or Platnum, or Euros or Yen hold their value better then U.S. dollars, let them trade in that instead.

Tracy

John

Quote from: FrankChodorov on October 03, 2006, 10:36 AM NHFT7. Tension Reduction. Consistent with Vermont's long tradition of "live and let live" and nonviolence, we do not condone state-sponsored violence inflicted either by the military or law enforcement officials. We support a voluntary citizens' brigade to reduce tension and restore order in the event of political unrest and to provide assistance when natural disasters occur. We are opposed to any form of military conscription. Tension reduction is the bedrock principle on which all international conflicts are to be resolved.

No state sponsorded violence.  That would be nice.