• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Porcupine Housing in Manchester

Started by alecmuller, December 23, 2006, 02:10 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

alecmuller

Hi all - my name's Alec and I'm a Free Stater who rents out rooms in Manchester.  I have a 7 bedroom house that has 3 porcupines living in it and 3 open rooms as of January 1st.  I don't know if this is the best place on this forum to post this, but if you're looking for flexible housing for when you first get to New Hampshire, please contact me.

Here's the deal:

412 Central St, Manchester - right in the middle of the city.
2 rooms at $475/month each, 1 room at $350, prorated by the day, with no lease to sign.
All utilities (heat, electricity, cleaning supplies, cable, highspeed wireless internet, laundry, etc) are included, so you don't pay extra for them.
No pets unless it's a dog - we currently don't have any but I'd like to get a dog eventually and wouldn't mind "trying it out" with a roommate first.

I'm trying to fill these rooms quickly so I'll probably be resorting to roommate websites soon, but I'd much rather house an incoming porcupine (or 3).

p.s. If you happen to be an electrical technician, mechanical engineer, electrical engineer, or embedded systems programmer and are looking for work, please contact me too, because my company (DEKA R&D) has been hiring a lot lately.

Alec Muller
603-264-2873

error

Well, you're on the right forum, certainly. Somebody will come along and move the thread, I'm sure... :)

I'd certainly consider taking you up on it, except that it's in Manchester, and I'm not sure I really want to live there.

KBCraig

Welcome to the Underground, Alec!

+Karma for making the offer. I won't be living in Manchester, but it's great that you're seeking other Porcs for housing and jobs.

Kevin

Braddogg

Thank you so much for offering this up for us.  I can't move up right now, but thanks for posting this here.  Good luck filling the rooms.

Russell Kanning

Could you add pictures of your house etc?
Could you point out who has lived there and maybe their screennames?
I think mraaron has lived there. Does Max live there?

Kat Kanning

This looks like a great place to post this to me.

Lloyd Danforth

Hi Alec.  I'm surprised you haven't been here before.
Lloyd

Rochelle

*waves*
I'm living there! It's a good place to live, pretty quiet and all. The people are nice. :) It's a good way to start out in NH, when you don't know the housing market and aren't sure where else to go, since you aren't tied down by a lease.

David

Excellent deal.  Expect a call from me.   :)

alecmuller

Thanks for the encouragement!
Here are the Free Staters who have lived here besides me (past + present):

Max Abramson (comes & goes [figuratively + literally], gone now [literally])
Andy Demers (gone now, lives in Manchester?)
Aaron Hemingway (gone now, back in Missouri but back in NH this spring?)
Cameron DeJong (gone now, lives in Manchester/Nashua?)
Rochelle Pitkaniemi (here)
Chirstine Gay (here)

Here are some pictures of the house if I've attached them correctly:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Russell Kanning

Russell Kanning

Nice roof. :)

Whatever happened to Cameron? He was active on this forum, when he was moving up. I don't think I have ever met him or heard from him lately.

Please don't tell me he is too busy playing politics.:)

alecmuller

Hi Russell, yes - 2 kitchens, 2 living rooms, 3 bathrooms between the 7 of us when it's full.

Cameron is definitely around, but he works in sales and I think the holiday season has been incredibly busy for him.  We'll probably see more of him in the coming months.

Rochelle

Hopefully we'll get more porcupine roommates in the future! :) It's nice to be able to say "So-and-so lived here when they first moved :)

KBCraig

One thing you didn't mention is the parking situation. I'm sure folks who are interested will want to know if private parking is included, or if they have to find a spot on the street. I can see the garage, but not how the parking is arranged.

Kevin