• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Property Tax Revolt?

Started by FTL_Ian, April 24, 2005, 09:04 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: katdillon on March 07, 2006, 06:04 AM NHFT
I'm all for complimentary genitalia.

They got that out in the sticks!

Russell Kanning

On the front page of the next Keene Free Press we ask the question "Is it time for a property tax revolt?" :)

KBCraig

Quote from: katdillon on March 07, 2006, 06:04 AM NHFT
I'm all for complimentary genitalia.

It's nice to have your complement complimented.

tracysaboe

free55

Dave Ridley

Jane and all what are your thoughts on the practical ways to protect a home from being seized?  Russell and Kat's place will likely be the first of ours they come after since within our group they were the first to stop paying.

How do we make sure the town never takes the house? 

What worked in New London so far has been people always making sure there is someone in the home; that way they can't bulldoze it.  wonder if this would work to prevent simple seizure of a home, and what else would work.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: DadaOrwell on March 11, 2006, 02:26 AM NHFT
Jane and all what are your thoughts on the practical ways to protect a home from being seized?  Russell and Kat's place will likely be the first of ours they come after since within our group they were the first to stop paying.

Did I miss something?  Are there others who have stopped paying besides Kat and Russell?   :o

FrankChodorov

don't they live in a mobile home?

do they own the land the mobile home sits on?

Russell Kanning

Not that I know of. The rest are just complaining about high taxes.

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: FrankChodorov on March 11, 2006, 06:40 AM NHFT

Yes, I think they could just move the mobile home.

FrankChodorov

Quote from: TN-FSP on March 11, 2006, 10:34 AM NHFT
Quote from: FrankChodorov on March 11, 2006, 06:40 AM NHFT

Yes, I think they could just move the mobile home.

you mean the state could with them inside?

Dave Ridley

russell and kat are the only ones of us that have done this, or the first depending on whether others emulate them.  But other  NH residents have done it, like Bernie Bastion and Andy Templeman .  Ed naile knows a lot about their cases and i've met both of them, they both did lose houses.

FrankChodorov

I had this funny image flash before me with the state police chasing the two of them in their mobile home down the interstate...

KBCraig

I think I've found the answer: Kat and Russell just need to plant some nuclear waste in their house.

From today's Berlin Daily Sun, about a controversial city councilman:
While Roy originally said he would resign, he later changed his mind and said he had decided to continue.

The Ward IV councilor is also on a list of delinquent taxpayers who have until noon on Thursday to pay their 2003 tax liens or face having their property tax deeded by the city.The list prepared by Tax Collector Blandine Shallow shows Richard and Heather Roy owe $462 on their building on 466 Burgess Street and $188 for a parcel of land on Hillsboro Street.

In all the list shows approximately $40,000 in unpaid 2003 taxes. The properties accure interest at a rate of 12 percent. Once they are tax deeded the interest rate increases to 18 percent. There is also a 15 percent assessment fee.

The council Monday night voted to waive tax deeding four Pulp and Paper of America properties over concerns about potential hazardous materials on the former mill properties.

Russell Kanning

That would be a good way for us to ignore the government. We could lose our deeds (ala Kelo 6) but buy and sell places on the black market. Who needs government paperwork. You could also list your property as having $0 taxes. :)