• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Civil Disobedience

Started by Michael Fisher, April 11, 2005, 12:01 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Yes, but notice how nice his nails look!

Michael Fisher

Quote from: FTL_Ian on May 06, 2005, 02:39 PM NHFT
Look at the dangerous way the lawless thug is wielding that file!? Someone stop this madness!? ?>:D

Actually she took that picture before I was ready so I was holding the file wrong.   :D

Michael Fisher

One funny thing about this photo:

The newspaper says "Mike Fisher of Newmarket demonstrates the kind of manicures he plans to administer in front of the New Hampshire board of Barbering and Cosmetology and Esthetics next week despite the threat of arrest."

The online version says "Mike Fisher of Newmarket demonstrates the kind of manicures he plans to administer in front of the New Hampshire board of Barbering and Cosmetology and Esthetics next week despite the treat of arrest."

A treat, indeed!

Michael Fisher

Several pro-liberty people have called and e-mailed me today warning me about the legal implications of this event.

My reply is this:

The harder they crack down on me and the longer they jail me for an action so harmless, the more free we will all be as a result of it.

"The hardest heart and the grossest ignorance must disappear before the rising sun of suffering, without anger and without malice."
-Gandhi

CNHT

What is the punishment for it? How long in jail, how much in fines?

I daresay that many people <snicker> are shampooing each other's hair and giving each other massages without a license AS WE SPEAK RIGHT NOW. How can they police those actions? I dare them to arrest us!   

>:D

Michael Fisher

I received two more pieces of mail today from the government.

THE STATE OF NEW HAMPSHIRE

MERRIMACK, SS.
SUPERIOR COURT

The State of New Hampshire
v.
Michael B. Fisher

Docket No. 05-E-0172

MOTION FOR VOLUNTARY NON-SUIT WITHOUT PREJUDICE

NOW COMES the State of New Hampshire, by and through its attorneys, the Office of the Attorney General, and moves that this matter be voluntarily non-suited without prejudice. In support of this motion, the State submits the following:
1. The State filed a Petition for Preliminary and Permanent Injunction with this Court on April 29, 2005. This Court issued Orders of Notice on May 3,2005.
2. The intentions of the respondent are unclear at this time.
3. The State believes that the threat of criminal sanctions may deter the respondent from his threatened unlawful activity.
4. Should circumstances change, the State reserves its right to petition the Court for appropriate equitable and legal relief.
5. The respondent was contacted and takes no position on this motion.

WHEREFORE, the petitioner respectfully requests that this Honorable Court:
A. Grant this motion;
B. Cancel the hearing on this matter scheduled for this date; and
C. Grant such other relief as the court deems equitable and just.

Respectfully submitted,

By its attorneys

KELLY A. AYOTTE
ATTORNEY GENERAL

Elyse S. Alkalay
Attorney
Civil Bureau
33 Capitol Street
Concord, New Hampshire 03301-6397
(603) (clipped)

CERTIFICATE OF SERVICE

This certifies that the foregoing was mailed first class, postage paid to Michael Fisher, 7 Lamprey River Park, Newmarket, NH, 03857.

Elyse S. Alkalay

Michael Fisher

Merrimack County Superior Court
163 N. Main Street
P. O. Box 2880
Concord, NH  03301 2880
603 225-5501

NOTICE OF DECISION

MICHAEL FISHER
7 LAMPREY RIVER PARK
NEWMARKET, NH  03857

05-E-0172 The State of New Hampshire v. Michael B. Fisher

Please be advised that on 5/05/2005 Judge McGuire made the following order relative to:

Motion for Voluntary Non-Suit; Granted

05/05/2005

William McGraw
Clerk of Court

cc:
Michael Fisher
Elyse S. Alkalay, Esq.

AGC Form SUCP052 (Rev 09/27/2001)

Michael Fisher

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on May 06, 2005, 10:22 PM NHFT
2. The intentions of the respondent are unclear at this time.
3. The State believes that the threat of criminal sanctions may deter the respondent from his threatened unlawful activity.

This is not true.  I made it crystal clear to Ann Larney, in the most polite way possible of course, that I will not reconsider this event, regardless of their lawsuit.  She accepted that I would not be deterred, but wanted to cancel the lawsuit anyways.

4. Should circumstances change, the State reserves its right to petition the Court for appropriate equitable and legal relief.

As I explained to Ann on the phone, an injunction after the event has no effect on the event.  She conceded this point but warned that it could be made more broad to apply to any similar future event.

5. The respondent was contacted and takes no position on this motion.

True.  She asked if I would object to the cancellation of the lawsuit and I said no.  She also asked what my opinion is on cancelling it and I replied that it is their lawsuit so it's not my decision to make.

SWilliams

well, hell. If I was up there, I'd be first in line to get my nails done.

Lloyd Danforth

You're aquiring quite a large pile of paper, Mike.

Michael Fisher

Quote from: SWilliams on May 07, 2005, 01:16 AM NHFT
well, hell. If I was up there, I'd be first in line to get my nails done.

This is only the beginning.

So when are you moving to NH?   :)

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on May 07, 2005, 06:41 AM NHFT
Maybe Mike is burning all these papers....what does he care what they say? ;D

Michael Fisher

The parents called last night and tried but failed to talk me out of this event.  lol

The appointment for a Gandhi tattoo is in two and a half hours.  :)

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: russellkanning on May 07, 2005, 08:45 AM NHFT
Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on May 07, 2005, 06:41 AM NHFT
Maybe Mike is burning all these papers....what does he care what they say? ;D

We need them for the FSP archives, which, when the time is right, we can burn ;D

davemincin

Can we get a head count on who will be showing up Monday?  Mike and I will be there! ;D